November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I have an appointment with a dietitian tomorrow to talk about my GD diagnosis. :( I have to bring a 3 day food diary with me so they know where I'm starting from, and it's so embarassing! I thought I was eating pretty well, but looking at the actual list, it's just carbs carbs carbs. An average day goes like this:

Breakfast: granola with milk
Snack: grapes
Lunch: bagel with cheese and mustard
Snack: chocolate milk + an apple or strawberries
Dinner: pasta with veggies and sometimes shrimp or chicken, plus garlic bread
Snack: ice cream

That's just a ton of carbs and very little protein! I know I should get more meat in my diet, but we have such a tight grocery budget, and protein is so expensive :(

I'm worried the dietician is going to tell me I can't ever have any sweets and that I have to completely overhaul the food I buy. We're stretched so thin as it is, I'm having anxiety just thinking about it.

Oddly enough, even with such a carb heavy diet, I've been losing weight rather than gaining. I'm down about 10 pounds from pre-pregnancy.

I think so geralyn...i have been like that for over a week already...and i feel it more through the night when i wake up to pee....its painful as hell it hurts when i lift my legs to get in the ford explorer lol do you feel that too since you have the same vehicle as me?

Yes ...it's definitely not easy to get in and out of

I think so geralyn...i have been like that for over a week already...and i feel it more through the night when i wake up to pee....its painful as hell it hurts when i lift my legs to get in the ford explorer lol do you feel that too since you have the same vehicle as me?

Yes ...it's definitely not easy to get in and out of

But once we have these gorgeous babies you will see that the explorer is worth it...i had a focus before with my LO whenshe was a baby and it was hard cause the car was so tiny and crowded but this explorer is worth it...especilly once were done with pelvic pain you will love the truck more like me lol

I have an appointment with a dietitian tomorrow to talk about my GD diagnosis. :( I have to bring a 3 day food diary with me so they know where I'm starting from, and it's so embarassing! I thought I was eating pretty well, but looking at the actual list, it's just carbs carbs carbs. An average day goes like this:

Breakfast: granola with milk
Snack: grapes
Lunch: bagel with cheese and mustard
Snack: chocolate milk + an apple or strawberries
Dinner: pasta with veggies and sometimes shrimp or chicken, plus garlic bread
Snack: ice cream

That's just a ton of carbs and very little protein! I know I should get more meat in my diet, but we have such a tight grocery budget, and protein is so expensive :(

I'm worried the dietician is going to tell me I can't ever have any sweets and that I have to completely overhaul the food I buy. We're stretched so thin as it is, I'm having anxiety just thinking about it.

Oddly enough, even with such a carb heavy diet, I've been losing weight rather than gaining. I'm down about 10 pounds from pre-pregnancy.

I havn't seen my dietician yet, but from what I know your meal plan just needs a few tweaks. For example, and some of this may be wrong, but I had for breakfast scrambled eggs and 1 strip of bacon and a glass of milk (but milk may be out and of course no toast(?)), snack was greek yogurt (don't know if I should buy light) then lunch I had a cup and a half of last nights cabbage and Kielbasa sausage and a glass of water, snack was cheese and crackers and for dinner I had left over brisket and baked beans and unsweet tea. The rest of the family had brisket sandwiches, potatoe salad and baked beans. The hard thing for me is going to be giving up sodas and creamer in my coffee. I already drink unsweet tea so that is not new. I cried today when I thought about not having cake at my baby shower, my best friend is ordering it from my fave bakery same kind as my wedding cake, I'll talk to the doc about that, maybe I can have a small slice? Good luck Dragonflywing, and wish me the same.

I got the worst Charley horse in my left calf last night!!!! It still hurts! Ugh.

I got the worst Charley horse in my left calf last night!!!! It still hurts! Ugh.

I got one a couple of weeks ago…it hurt for 2 days! Try drinking more water

I drink a ton of water already! Probably over 100 ounces a day. Sigh. I've read it can be leg blood vessels getting squished from the bump, lack of megnesium and calcium, etc. But mostly they don't really know. haha. So I'll just try to remedy all of it!

cncem, good luck at your appointment! Mine actually went really well. I feel so much better about the changes I have to make. They're not as drastic as I feared!

Basically, I am allotted a certain amount of carbohydrates per meal/snack, but other than that I can eat most of the same foods I'm already eating. I have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks every day, and each meal has to have less than 60g carbs and each snack has to have 15-30g. Meats, cheese, eggs, and most veggies don't increase your blood sugar, so those aren't limited.

I have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day, and test my urine in the morning to make sure I'm not producing ketones (which would mean I'm not eating enough).

I'm actually kind of excited to start making healther choices and tracking everything.

Thanks Dragonflywing, I was wondering how it went for you today. I'm trying to put together a grocery list and starting at a blank pad of paper. I'm feeling abit down, It's going to be so hard for me to avoid soda and candy and cake, donuts, breads, pasta, all that. I know it's only for a very short time. I'm looking at the grocery ad trying to figure out what to get and all I see are things I can't have :(. Maybe after I see my dietician things will feel better, I'm just super bummed.

Yeah I'm still eating the same types of foods, just monitoring the carb intake and limiting it. Portion control is huge with the GD diet I think.

So baby girl just pushed out so hard with her (feet? Arms? Can't tell anymore!) that it actually really hurt! It was on my right side, and my side literally poked out, like pointy. Hurt like hell!!!

And earlier this evening, big sister reared back, fisted balled, and punched me in the eye. WTH? My girls are violent! And apparently mean to their mommy!!!

All this GD diet talk got me thinking, what's a normal day look like for you ladies? What do you eat?

Just got back from the midwives and baby is measuring perfectly :) she's also engaged 4/5 so no wonder I can't stop peeing and I am wobbling when I walk! I'm also finding it hard to sit up straight because she's so low down! Midwife couldn't move her head!

All this GD diet talk got me thinking, what's a normal day look like for you ladies? What do you eat?

Anything and everything! I am an eating machine!

GD ladies - can u only tell u have GD by the glucose test? My ds was born prem and a good birth weight amongst other things, While in scbu the consultant said it could have been due to GD but was too late to test. This time I have pointed out concerns numerous times and been completely ignored by mw and a registrar. Is there any other way to know or signs to look for? I'm 31 weeks.
Thanks x

GD ladies - can u only tell u have GD by the glucose test? My ds was born prem and a good birth weight amongst other things, While in scbu the consultant said it could have been due to GD but was too late to test. This time I have pointed out concerns numerous times and been completely ignored by mw and a registrar. Is there any other way to know or signs to look for? I'm 31 weeks.
Thanks x

My diabetes educator said that most of the signs or symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms - like excessive thirst, frequent urination, etc. I can look in the packet I have tonight when I get home from work and tell you more if you'd like.

BTW - since monitoring my carb intake and blood sugars the past 3 days, I've lose almost 2 lbs!

Thanks x

My diabetes educator said that most of the signs or symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms - like excessive thirst, frequent urination, etc. I can look in the packet I have tonight when I get home from work and tell you more if you'd like.

BTW - since monitoring my carb intake and blood sugars the past 3 days, I've lose almost 2 lbs!

Yes please that would be really helpful.
That's really good I've put 3 lbs on in last couple of days 😶
thank you

Anything and everything! I am an eating machine!

Um, yeah. ^^ What she said. ^^

I start my morning with a decaf coffee and oatmeal. Lunch is usually leftovers from dinner before, or a salad, or maybe a sandwich from the deli.

I have to have something sweet afterward. Lately it's cake/cookies. HAVE TO HAVE IT. So there's always something sugary then.

Dinner is whatever I have the energy for. Some nights it's sending hubby out to Taco Bell after Chase goes to bed. The other night I made tilapia with rice and roasted green beans. Last night was a giant plate of fruit because that's all that sounded good.

Most nights end with a spoonful of Nutella, or a bowl of ice cream.

The sweets craving is really killing me. And carbs. Man I love carbs.

I got by barely on my GTT (139 on the 1 hour). Dr and I had a bit of a laugh about it after I mentioned at my 30 week appt how I'd passed by skin of my teeth. But he said it's pass/fail. I told him I was able to look up my result from last time and I got a 135. He was like, "So that's just how you roll eh?" Glad he's not worried (and really I'm not either), but I've still been trying not to go nuts with the carbs/sweets. I didn't have the cravings with DD1 that I'm having now, but yeah, this time I want to eat alll the carbs and sweets. :dohh:

I am definitely hungry all the time now! A normal work day is breakfast of Greek yogurt and strawberries. Then maybe some dried apricots as a morning snack. Lunch is either whatever looks good at the caf: soup or salad or sandwich, sometimes they have nice meals like salmon and veggies or Indian food. Then in the afternoon I am always still hungry. Have almonds and yogurt covered raisins as a snack. chopped up watermelon around 4. Dinner is simple since my DH is picky, something like pork chops, rice, green beans. And I usually end up having cookies or ice cream later!

I seem to be hungriest in the afternoon. I don't know what I would do without my snack drawer at work! And sweets after dinner are my weakness too.

Have my glucose test this afternoon. I had eggs, bacon, and a whole wheat English muffin with butter for breakfast. Going out to lunch with my friend shortly and will probably have salad with chicken. Then fast until the test. Will be tough not to snack during the afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->