November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

On my new GD eating plan, this is what today looks like for me:

Breakfast- 1/2 cup granola and 1/2 cup milk
Snack- strawberry greek yogurt
Lunch- big salad with all the fixings and 2 cups of fruit
Snack- protein bar, veggies with dip
Dinner- shrimp stir fry with zucchini and squash, and 1 cup rice
Snack- 1/2 peanut butter sandwich and 1 cup milk

I basically have to eat every 2-2.5 hours all day!

After all this sugar talk, I decided to not have my afternoon cookie - just a big salad for lunch.

And then I walked into the breakroom at work, and someone had put out leftover bagels from Panera Bread from a meeting this morning. There was a cinnamon crunch bagel. MY WEAKNESS. So there we go. I had a giant carb- and sugar-filled snack after my healthy lunch. Boo. But I don't regret it one it. It was freaking delicious.

Twinklie, good luck on your test today! Enjoy an extra cookie tonight after dinner :)

On my new GD eating plan, this is what today looks like for me:

Breakfast- 1/2 cup granola and 1/2 cup milk
Snack- strawberry greek yogurt
Lunch- big salad with all the fixings and 2 cups of fruit
Snack- protein bar, veggies with dip
Dinner- shrimp stir fry with zucchini and squash, and 1 cup rice
Snack- 1/2 peanut butter sandwich and 1 cup milk

I basically have to eat every 2-2.5 hours all day!

That actually sounds really do-able. And quite tasty. But a lot of work. I know eating health isn't easy, but I see a lot of chopping and cutting in that. We're pregnant, we're working hard enough as it is! LOL.

I know I should eat better, have a real sweet tooth and I indulge :(

But hey last time I'll have such a good excuse to get fat .

TMI Think I lost a bit mucus plug tonight not bloody show or anything so i know it doesn't mean anything. Just interesting as I never lost any with DS such a different experience this time around.

Still waiting to feel hiccups from lo as I remember it being a crazy feeling!

Well I wanted to update you ladies for anyone that is going for their glucose test soon. I went for my three hour test today and yes it did suck and yes it did hurt after a while. (She poked me all four times in the same arm) The first hour was pure hell after drinking that stuff. I couldn't concentrate and just felt weird. The second and third weren't near as bad and went by rather quickly thankfully. I went in for the fourth stick and she said "The good news is that I've already ran your last three and they were fine so I will call you with the fourth." I was so freaking relieved. She did call me a few minutes ago and I passed with flying colors so even if you fail the one hour you can still pass the three! :))) In fact, 75% of women that fail the 1 hour will pass the 3. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I will say the diet made me feel better though in general. But I'm glad to still get to have my half a pepsi a day. :)

That actually sounds really do-able. And quite tasty. But a lot of work. I know eating health isn't easy, but I see a lot of chopping and cutting in that. We're pregnant, we're working hard enough as it is! LOL.

Funny enough, it's no work for me! The salad and fruit came from the cafeteria at work, and the stir fry is DH's job tonight. :D

When it's all up to me, I'm more likely to open a can or something. I'm so lazy when it comes to making myself food!

Funny enough, it's no work for me! The salad and fruit came from the cafeteria at work, and the stir fry is DH's job tonight. :D

When it's all up to me, I'm more likely to open a can or something. I'm so lazy when it comes to making myself food!

Me too! I love me some fast food...not because it tastes better but because it is fast. Haha!

Me too! I love me some fast food...not because it tastes better but because it is fast. Haha!

I know what you mean! Sometimes DH will suggest some kind of involved cooked meal, and I'll suggest just going to Subway instead. He'll argue that by the time we go there and come back, we could have cooked something in the same amount of time. Yeah, but that means I actually have to make it!

I know what you mean! Sometimes DH will suggest some kind of involved cooked meal, and I'll suggest just going to Subway instead. He'll argue that by the time we go there and come back, we could have cooked something in the same amount of time. Yeah, but that means I actually have to make it!

Exactly!!! And i don't believe your hubby...subway is pretty fast but then again it's only 2 min up the road from us. Haha!

I don't believe him either ;). Subway is about 6 miles away for us (we live in a rural area), but my DH has been known to spend 3 hours making a simple recipe.

Congrats Mwel! I always failed my one hour so no surprise there but I always passed the 3 hour (was 4 hour for me, they have changed it I guess in the last 6 years idk) but this time failed. I havn't seen my dietician. I was talking to my mom and her doctor told her today she officially doesn't have diabetes anymore, I didn't know you could stop having it, but she has lost alot of weight and drinks diet colas and eats healthier now. Mom told me not to cut out sugar completely, only gradually. She did when she was first diagnosed and got real sick. I like the part about getting to eat a little something every couple hours. It's basically like the Atkins diet it seems like, lots of protein very little to no carbs and sugar. I'm doing pretty good with it so far. It's not so bad.

Congrats Mwel! I always failed my one hour so no surprise there but I always passed the 3 hour (was 4 hour for me, they have changed it I guess in the last 6 years idk) but this time failed. I havn't seen my dietician. I was talking to my mom and her doctor told her today she officially doesn't have diabetes anymore, I didn't know you could stop having it, but she has lost alot of weight and drinks diet colas and eats healthier now. Mom told me not to cut out sugar completely, only gradually. She did when she was first diagnosed and got real sick. I like the part about getting to eat a little something every couple hours. It's basically like the Atkins diet it seems like, lots of protein very little to no carbs and sugar. I'm doing pretty good with it so far. It's not so bad.

It wasn't too hard to follow the diet and it did make me feel better. It will keep you healthy for sure. :)

I eat every 2 hours until after lunch and then I'm not all that hungry for dinner.

We have our baby shower this weekend. I'm looking forward to that since some college friends of mine that I have net seen in a while are coming. But the whole thing is shadowed by the funeral I'll be going to a couple days later. My grandma died this afternoon and I'm sad my son will never get to meet his great grandma.

Missyann - I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but enjoy your baby shower! Mines not for another like 6 weeks!

Those of you who have GD - how many calories a day do you estimate you're eating? I'm concerned that I'm eating too few calories since counting carbohydrates instead, but feel fine at the end of the night.

Had a very busy day yesterday...had our 1st of 5 Bradley Method classes and then my baby shower was in the afternoon. We got a ton of stuff! Now I'll have to sort and organize everything. I was exhausted by the end of the day. But now of course I woke up at 4:30am to use the bathroom and can't fall back asleep

Missyann - I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but enjoy your baby shower! Mines not for another like 6 weeks!

Those of you who have GD - how many calories a day do you estimate you're eating? I'm concerned that I'm eating too few calories since counting carbohydrates instead, but feel fine at the end of the night.

Mandaa, I don't see my dietician till Wednesday but I've been doing the best I can, just cutting out any sugar and breads etc. I'm not sure about calories, I've been just focusing on carbs and sugars in the foods like the greek yogurt that tell you whats all in it. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I may know more about calories and stuff after Wednesday though.

That is awesome Geralyn! Mine is Oct 11 and I'm really looking forward to it, although I keep buying baby clothes and other things here and there and then tell myself to stop it until after baby shower, lol. After the shower my husband and I are going shopping for all the things we still need, like baby furniture wise. I'm lucky that this time around I have alot of friends (well, my husband has alot of friends who have wives that are now my friends, lol) and we have alot of things passed down to us from their babies. I have a beautiful swing and a side of the bed sleeper thing, and a baby Einstein jumper thing that I love. My mother in law is going to buy the crib and possibly the stroller too. At this point I'm just thinking aloud, lol.

Missyann, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and know how you feel. I lost my grandmother a few months ago and then last month my step dad passed away.

31 weeks yesterday, and starting to get nervous about what all still needs to be done before he gets here. I need to write a list of things that I need to buy for my hospital bag, and what all needs to get packed. We still need to get the carriers as well as the pack 'n play.

I was up late last night (til about 2 or 3) due to heartburn. I had already taken a zantac at 10pm or so, so I couldn't take another one. It was horrible. Today I went out and bought the chewable tums antacids, helped for a bit...I got HB again about 3 hours later. I'm serious this child better coming out looking like a wookie, with how much hb I've had since 1st tri.

Works getting more stressful. Found out the guy who works directly below me, is leaving up this coming friday. Didn't even bother to put his two weeks in, and my GM actually had to get it out of him when his last day was going to be. Then my GM was going to take a vacation next week, but may post pone it due to being short staffed. And then who knows when Pickle will decide to make an appearance, and I'll be leaving them shortly too, not sure if I'm going back, which part of me feels bad about.

We may have settled on a name....Eryc Alexander (or Aryek Alexander). I like the second better, but we will see. Or we will use Alexander as the first name. At least we have more of an idea now.

Baby showers starting for everyone is fun! Mine is Oct 4th. DH and I also plan to go shopping the weekend after once we see what else we need. My mom got a bunch of cute hand me down clothes from a friend, and my MIL bought a bunch of cute clothes from a consignment shop, so I am feeling like I have a good amount of clothes to start. I bought some super cute outfits for going home from the hospital and such. Girl clothes are hard to resist!

Hoping to hear my GD test results tomorrow, FX!

Baby girl has been kicking me in the ribs all day, lol. But I love the feeling of feeling her move around inside.

Baby shower for me is Sept 27th. I'm not loozing forward to being the center of attention that's for sure. OH and I plan on getting the stuff we didn't get, but need, after the shower as well. We know a couple of people are getting us money so we're just going to use that to help us pay for everything else.

Jealous of all you ladies with your showers... mine won't be until I'm 36 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->