November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Thinking of my cousin today. She was diagnosed with GD a few weeks back and had her due date of October 25th moved up to the 13th, with expectations that he would probably be here no later than the 4th...her waters just broke today, so she is waiting in the hospital for further information. Hoping she and baby Owen do just fine!

Cant sleep, im hungry, hot flashes, back pain during the night all sucks!!!

The shower was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted afterwards. Baby registry was completely bought with only one duplicate. SIL set up a onesie station for guests to decorate them with iron-ons, etc. we ended up with some very cute and creative ones. I think we are set on clothes now for the first 6 months.

I feel like absolute crap today :(

HB came to a head last night, even after taking the chewables. I was up a couple times getting sick. Woke up again this morning getting sick. Ended up calling in to work, where I know my boss isn't too happy, but he'll have to deal with it.

Have our maternity pics later tonight on the beach. I ho

We have our maternity pics later tonight on the beach. I hope it's a nice sunset

Oh my gosh, I'm thinking about her!!!
I have a friend whose water broke at exactly 34 weeks - baby did perfectly fine, was born little but only had to stay 1 extra night due to jaundice. Other than that, she's done amazing. Hope all goes well for your cousin and her little man!

Thinking of my cousin today. She was diagnosed with GD a few weeks back and had her due date of October 25th moved up to the 13th, with expectations that he would probably be here no later than the 4th...her waters just broke today, so she is waiting in the hospital for further information. Hoping she and baby Owen do just fine!

Dissy, any update on your cousin? I keeping her and baby in my thoughts. Wishing her the best.

Oh Dissy I'm sorry, I'll keep her and her son in my thoughts. The good thing is he'll be okay. My son was born at 35 weeks and was small, 4 lbs 11 oz, but that might have been due to the blood disorder he inherited from his father that I later found out about. He did awesome, no problems except the pneumonia at birth, antibiotics took care of that, and jaundice, but again was probably due to his blood disorder. He came out breathing on his own, didn't need oxygen. Good luck to her, she'll be just fine. (I like to always think positive and see the good in a situation).

Missyann that is great! I can't wait for mine.

I'm sorry your not feeling well selaphyna, take it easy lady.

Those of you who have GD - how many calories a day do you estimate you're eating? I'm concerned that I'm eating too few calories since counting carbohydrates instead, but feel fine at the end of the night.

I put my food into a calorie tracker to see, and it came out to about 2100 calories, as long as I get in all my meals and snacks. That actually is a bit low for me, calorieking shows me I need about 2450 calories to maintain my weight...but we'll see how it goes.

Dissy, thinking about your cousin!

Got the call and I passed my glucose test so no GD, hooray! Got a 102, and 139 or under is passing. Phew. I celebrated with some gum drops... woops! :) hehe

Congrats Twinklie!! I'm so craving a soda right now, just a sip or two :(

Dissy, thinking about your cousin!

Got the call and I passed my glucose test so no GD, hooray! Got a 102, and 139 or under is passing. Phew. I celebrated with some gum drops... woops! :) hehe

Congrats!!!

Ohhh Dissy, I'm praying. Please let me know how she is doing!

Dissy I have my fingers crossed!

I'm lucky enough to have 2 baby showers :) one organised by my friends and one organised by my mum and her friend. I have a weekend full with one on the 20th and the other 21st September...I cannot wait!!!

Got a funny tummy tonight and for the past week I have been so gassy (ewww!) anyone else suffering with this?

Yes I feel so uncomfortable now a days...it just happened in the last week I swear. I was fine before then. Now I feel like she is just trying to get out and stretching everything she can. :( And yes, gassy..that too. Or heartburn...I'm not sleeping good because of heartburn.

On a happy note! I wanted to share my 4D pic with you. We got about 54 pictures but this one is my favorite.

Attachments

• sweet.jpg
    sweet.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
She's been stuck at about 5 dilation-wise for the last few hours. So far she's comfortable, though, and the doctors don't seem too concerned. Thanks for the kind words!

Dissy - that is great news, keep us posted?!

Mwel - that is a fab picture... aren't they amazing :cloud9:

Twinklie - congrats on the GD text.. I passed mine too and was so relieved :)

My LO has her first day at school today - I am incredibly nervous but excited all the same! It is great that she has something so special going on her life in view of the pending arrival of this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->