November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Good luck, Salu! I also didn't really mind the drink. I had orange flavor and thought it was fine.

In case you have more kids - the orange flavor is the best :)
I had the fruit punch and it wasn't great. I haven't heard great things about the lemon-lime ones either.

Salu, on weekly appointments arleady? Wow, they don't start mine weekly till 36 weeks :) How exciting!

Currently waiting to get my blood taken for my Glucose test. Wasn't that bad tasting, lol.
Baby is head down now, how they can figure that out I'll never know ! Got my papers from my OB to pre-register for the hospital. And now my birthday weekly appintments start !

Good luck! Yeah my weekly don't start until 36 as well. I just now got put on bi weekly appointments.

Haha ya I'm on biweekly appointments now too. Stupid auto correct decided to take over my phone when I wrote that lol.
I didn't have an option for flavor. It was the orange stuff. Not bad at all and it was super cold which made it a lot easier !

The orange flavor didnt taste as bad BUT to me it did because i had to drink it in 3 minutes !! On the bright side 7 weeks more and ready to meet my baby boy! He has his halloween outfit already.

The orange flavor didnt taste as bad BUT to me it did because i had to drink it in 3 minutes !! On the bright side 7 weeks more and ready to meet my baby boy! He has his halloween outfit already.

I didn't buy a Halloween outfit because I'm convinced he'll come late and be a November baby

I didn't buy a Halloween outfit because I'm convinced he'll come late and be a November baby

Aww well with my girl i delivered her at 38+4....and this one its scheduled delivery at 39wks and thats only if he doesnt decide to come out earlier like his sister..but other than that at 39wks.

Good luck Salu!! I had the lemon lime one for my 1 hour, I had it at 16 weeks and passed then at 28 weeks and failed that one. The 3 hour I had orange, it had more sugar than the one hour test one did, and they weren't that bad.

I got a confirmed c-section date! Unless he decides to come early, baby's birthday will be November 17th :). That is 39 weeks exactly.

Last night was rough, the pelvic girdle pain is really ramping up. It was really difficult to perform even the most basic tasks...anything that utilizes those joints is very painful. I felt like an ooooold woman trying to get in and out of bed.

I got thrown for a bit of a loop today at the doctors! She said both babies are in perfect position for a VBAC and she's comfortable trying that with me if I want. This whole pregnancy I just assumed and came to terms with the c-section. What to do? What to do? She also moved my c-section date up to November 4th (Election Day in USA), because she just thinks November 11th (my previous section date) is unrealistic. Of course she said if I opt for the VBAC, they'll just induce on 11/4 instead of the section. If I make it to 11/4 I will be 37+1. I'm still thinking these babies are going to be October babies, but I guess we'll see.

I got a confirmed c-section date! Unless he decides to come early, baby's birthday will be November 17th :). That is 39 weeks exactly.

Last night was rough, the pelvic girdle pain is really ramping up. It was really difficult to perform even the most basic tasks...anything that utilizes those joints is very painful. I felt like an ooooold woman trying to get in and out of bed.

If I have to have a repeat section, I want the 17th to be our date too :). Still hoping I can I VBAC and she'll come when she wants, but the 17th would be perfect. I'm the 7th, DH is 17th, DD1 is 27th. I just think it'd be cool to have another "7" date.

I'm sorry if you've already talked about this, but can I ask why you're having a planned section? I'm just curious.

I am 29 weeks and haven't done any final preparations yet. But I feel like it will all get done in due time. We picked our daycare out, and I think I've decided on a pediatrician (need to do the official meet and greet but pretty much decided). I'm registered to deliver at the hospital and have all of our classes signed up (Childbirth, breastfeeding, etc.). The nursery is painted except for the stencil accent wall which we are doing this weekend. Then we just have to put the furniture together and it will be like 90% complete - my special order glider came in early so we even already have that. My shower is October 4th, so after that I can see what I still need and do some final shopping trips, install the car seat bases, get some nursing bras, pack my bag, etc.

It's getting close for all of us!!!

No final preps done yet. We're are 90% done cleaning the nursery. I'm hoping by mid next week we can have it empty so we can start to paint. Car seat I will probably get installed in October sometime. When I got my hospital papers from my OB yestetday there wad a list of what to pack in your hospital bag, so that will be helpful.
I'm being forced to take my mat leave 2 weeks earlier than I wanted. I work at a home daycare my boss goes to work full time and I watch the kids in her house). And she's just not pulling in the money she anticipated so she's closing on Oct 17th. It kind of sucks cause I'll be on mat leave leave foe more than a month before Olivia is due. But there's really not much I can do. It'll just give me more time to do finishing touches on things and clean more. But man I'm going to go stir crazy ! I hate being at home and bored !!

I'm sorry if you've already talked about this, but can I ask why you're having a planned section? I'm just curious.

I had an EMCS with the twins, and since it's been less than 2 years since I had them, the doctor said a VBAC might not be the best choice. She did give me the option to try, but for various reasons I decided to stick with the repeat c-section. I'm ok with that, especially because my parents need to fly here from the east coast, and it's easier to work around a set date.

I had an EMCS with the twins, and since it's been less than 2 years since I had them, the doctor said a VBAC might not be the best choice. She did give me the option to try, but for various reasons I decided to stick with the repeat c-section. I'm ok with that, especially because my parents need to fly here from the east coast, and it's easier to work around a set date.

Thanks. I'm still undecided on VBAC versus RCS so I'm just curious as to what others are doing :)

Nursery and big sister's rooms are being painted TODAY!
MIL is in town this weekend to help paint and get everything set up. God I love her. She came in last night while I was putting Chase to bed, and when I came out, she'd finished folding a full basket of laundry I'd just started working on. Bless her, bless her, bless her. I love when she visits!
I'm a little bummed because she's going back to work FT in a few weeks - she's a hairdresser and used to work every other week, she and another lady shared a booth. The other lady is retiring so my MIL is taking every week. It's awesome for her and I know she'll enjoy it, but selfishly I'd like her to be able to come and visit more. She and Chase have this amazing bond/connection, but she lives 3.5 hours away so they don't see each other much. We'll have to make more effort to go up and visit her, but it's harder with 2 little ones :(

Other than the paint today, no other prep has happened around here! LOL. I don't know if it's 2nd-time-mom thing, or if I'm just too damned busy to even think about it. Or if I'll be going into labor going "oh shit, I don't have any clean clothes for this kid to wear home!"

When I got my hospital papers from my OB yestetday there wad a list of what to pack in your hospital bag, so that will be helpful.
Mind sharing? :flower: I have no clue what the essentials are, and every list I've seen seems WAY massive!
Olivia is a beautiful name, by the way!

I have not done final preparations at all either. On my pregnancy app, it said last week that I should start planning my birth plan, so I think that I'll make a list of things that need to get done before my son is born and prioritize that way.

Anyone else suffering with some bad lower back pain / sciatica? It started the past few days and goes from mild to really painful on and off. I'm having trouble walking, getting up and back in my chair at work, etc. I'm trying a heating pad today and my midwife said to try some pelvic tilts to move the baby a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->