November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

In other news I want some Damn Cake!!! *sob I'm feening for sugar. I'd lick icing off the floor right now, ugh. It's not fair, most people on diets get to have a cheat day. This sucks...

I don't necessarily have cheat days, but I will cheat from time-to-time. If my numbers have been good all day, I allow myself a bit of ice cream, a cookie, something sweet as a snack. My OB says this is totally ok for me. If you are really craving something, have a bit of it... Or it just builds and builds until you engorge which isn't good. I say have the dang piece of cake.

Thank you Missy, thank you thank you thank you. My numbers have been good. I do take a sip of hubby's soda every now and again, just a sip and I'm not overwhelmed with the urge to drink it all. I think I will have a bite of cake, if I come across some. I've cleaned my house out of any junk, candy, soda anything that contains more than 10 grams of carbs per serving. I do still get to have my coffee with creamer in it, and my numbers are still good after.

I also allow myself a treat from time to time when there's something available... for example, over the weekend I had a piece of ice cream cake at a grandmother's birthday.

I also can't sleep at night, I feel like my bump is massive even though I'm only measuring a week ahead. I get really bad cotton mouth and dry lips at night, but my bladder also has zero capacity, so I'm stuck in this loop of drink water / apply lip salve / sleep for one hour / get up to pee / repeat. There is no graceful way of changing from right side to left side, I literally have to flip myself over like a beached whale, not pretty!

It's maybe still a but early but has anybody started 'final preparations' such as packing hospital bag, installing car seat, etc.?

I'm getting to the point where I don't sleep well at night either. According to OH, I have trouble breathing. There have been a few nights I actually remember him waking me up because I stopped breathing, or was gasping for air. I also am starting to get up more and more to go to the bathroom. Plus I don't usually go to bed until late because I have heartburn and have to wait for tums or zantac to kick in.

As far as 'final preps', nothing as of yet. I got 8 weeks left, and I still have things to buy, and I need to pack my bag. I'm slowly getting things together for my hospital bag though.

Anyone else getting super nervous about giving birth?

I was at a friends 30th birthday party last night, and someone asked me if I was excited. I told them yes, but then started realizing how nervous I am to actually give birth. Hearing stories of other people's birth and how short/long they lasted, how this what wrong/right. I'm afraid I'm not going to know when I'm actually in labour, or if I'm doing everything right or not. My most biggest fear is that it will happen when OH, and everyone else is at work, and I'll have to drive myself to the hospital and have no support !

Maybe it's just my anxiety as a first time mom, please tell me I'm not alone !

It's not just you. I'm a second time mom, but I'm still very nervous. Part of mine is, I'll be down in the town I work in (45 min drive from home, and hospital I plan to deliver at), and I'm afraid I'll go into labor down there as opposed to being home, and having to make that drive. Then, I never really experienced contractions, not until after I was overdue and they broke my waters when I was induced. Then it was so quick due to the pitocin that I didn't really get to experience it, and it was very strong (stronger than normal).

Is anyone else having nausea again? I've been so sick to my stomach lately, not throwing up though, just miserable in the last week especially after I eat something. I don't know if it's a stomach bug, normal part of third tri or maybe it has to do with my new low carb diet. I'm having to take promethazine again.

I'm excited to have this baby, and not worried at all. I'm going to ask for the epidural as soon as I get to the hospital. And having been through it before I know there is going to be some pain, but it'll be worth it and it won't last forever. At the end of it I'll have my precious baby girl.

I have nausea, I've had it since about 26 weeks, usually in the morning, mostly due to drainage from nasal passages. But there are times with heartburn that it causes sickness as well. That's what I went through last weekend/Monday when I called into work. Doctor said it's normal, and felt bad for me, but there isn't really anything she can do. So I just deal with it.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with everything on my plate :( Just a vent, never mind me.

I missed word last Friday because of an intense pain in my left side abdominal area. Went to my General practitioner, and he thought it was a combination of bladder infection/constipation and put me on antibiotics and prescribed me some Miralax. The antibiotics aren't kicking in yet and somehow the softener is NOT working! I've taken it three times a day for 2 days and still nothing.
This morning, I had my biweekly OB appointment at 8:50am. I called in to work (again) to let them know I would be in late. At 8:20, my power went out at home. I couldn't get my garage open so I had to hurry and call my mom to pick me up, while simultaneously calling my husband at work to come get my car out of the garage so that I could go to a later appointment at 3:50 (will get to THAT later). My mom gets to my house at about 8:35 and promptly starts driving in the WRONG direction to the WRONG location of the OB's office! Luckily I get her going in the right direction and I make it to the OB on time....only to find out that they moved my appointment without telling me :growlmad: My husband calls me to let me know the power came on literally as soon as he got home, but I have my mom just take me to work since it's close to my OB.
I get to work, I'm in pain, and the kids I work with are just...ugh...you know, Mondays. They are being kids, and usually I can deal with it just fine and even find their behavior cute, but today every time I went to the bathroom I cried. I decided to leave at lunch so that I could rest before my appointment at 3:50 for my echocardiogram (another source of my stress...what if they do find something wrong??). After laying on my left side for so long at that, I had to have the nurse and my husband help me get off of the bed because the pain in my side was so bad I couldn't sit up.
Now I have ANOTHER appointment scheduled for my OB on Friday at 8:30, but I'm starting to get worried about this pain in my abdomen that won't go away. I can't miss more than 4 classes or I will fail, so that means I have to keep taking time off of work which means I may lose my job (I have an expendable position in an elementary school..which employs me through my college...so I can't fail or I will ALSO lose my job).

Between work, school, appointments, and my body just generally falling apart I don't know how I'm going to make it through these next two months. I already have anxiety and horrible mood swings, so I have been quite literally a blubbery mess today.

Dissy- sorry you're going through such a hard time. Hopefully they can find the source of the pain to help relieve some of your stress

I get nausea but it's definately linked to the heartburn/ indegestion I get ALL the time

Oh Dissy, I'm so sorry. I feel bad about my gripes now, hang in there it'll get better. I wish I could say something else to make you feel better. hugs. I hope they find that source of the pain and fix it, would a warm bath help?

Dissy, so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I hope they can resolve this pain issue for you, and that work will be understanding. :hugs:

I wish I had a bathtub large enough to sit in! The antibiotics have kicked in a bit today - in any case, I am feeling a little better after ranting and raving!

Braxton hicks randomly! Hopefully baby decides to show up before the scheduled delivery date.

So just stopping by, no babies yet? Lol. Next Friday I get my cs date.

So just stopping by, no babies yet? Lol. Next Friday I get my cs date.

Arrrghh... scary that this is such a real possibility!!

Sorry that you have been having such a tough time Dissy :hugs:

My little one started school this week which has been lovely but also rather stressful! I will be so glad when my maternity leave starts so that I can do the daily school runs and get more involved! :)

I seem to have these big hopes and dreams for my maternity leave...LOL. Not sure how that's all going to work out. I cannot for the life of me remember being at all productive in my leave with my first - which granted, was only 8 weeks. But still. I have big plans (I can finally get my craft room organized!) but I'm doubtful that'll be the case. We shall see!

I start mine October 17th. Two weeks earlier than I wanted. Mind you here in Canada we get a full year. But that means I will have to go back to work before Olivia turns one, which I'm not too thrilled about. I don't know how you ladies manage doing it for only 6-8 weeks. That's like a blink and you're back to work.

I'm super lucky with the timing of this pregnancy that I finished work in June! I'm a teacher so I had the summer off and I didn't go back since I'm planning on being a SAHM. I don't know how all of you ladies are doing it...I'm so exhausted by the end of the day

I'll be working right up until the baby is born, then I get 8 weeks off before I'm back to work. I would LOVE to have a whole year off!! I am so jealous of countries that have maternity leave (technically ours isn't maternity leave, it's just short term disability to recover from the birth, and some people don't even get that.)

My bump has grown to the point that it's a bit uncomfortable now! The skin feels so tight, especially after I eat, and I can't really bend forward without it getting in the way. Baby likes to push his feet up into my ribs/diaphragm, too, so that makes it extra interesting! I'm enjoying being pregnant, though. Not in any rush to get him out!

I am reminded every weekend how I am SO not cut out to be a SAHM :)
8 weeks was tough for me with my first, but I was also super ready to get back into a good routine. I thrive off of routine, as does my girl.

I'm lucky that I'll be primarily working from home until Reese is 6 months. My mom will be watching her (at her house, 10 minutes away from us). I am going "back" to work at 3 weeks pp, but it's only 1 "day" a week, it'll be entirely from home, and no one knows I'm doing it except for my boss. I'm not required to, nobody asked, but I'm doing it because I can do it on my own schedule (so it can happen at 2am in the middle of a feeding!), and it'll help me not be too behind when I get back from leave. At 8 weeks I'll be going back PT, fully from home. At 12 weeks, I'll be full time, but working from home 3 days a week and back in the office 2 days a week. It's actually working out really well for me, and since I've got my older girl in daycare, it'll be a good motivation for me to really get us on a good family routine. I'm kind of excited about it.

Not excited that I'm still short-handed at work (I had to fire one of my employees a month ago), and I have 8 weeks to interview/hire/train a new person. I don't want to go into my leave feeling like I'm leaving my team in a lurch, and it kills me that I can't plan better for this. Blech.

Oh well. 31 weeks today. Yay, 9 more to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->