November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I've been on holiday all week and my gosh it's tiring all this walking. I feel like I'm going to pop especially after eating.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Anyone else getting super nervous about giving birth?

I was at a friends 30th birthday party last night, and someone asked me if I was excited. I told them yes, but then started realizing how nervous I am to actually give birth. Hearing stories of other people's birth and how short/long they lasted, how this what wrong/right. I'm afraid I'm not going to know when I'm actually in labour, or if I'm doing everything right or not. My most biggest fear is that it will happen when OH, and everyone else is at work, and I'll have to drive myself to the hospital and have no support !

Maybe it's just my anxiety as a first time mom, please tell me I'm not alone !

You're definitely not alone, Salu! Everyone feels like it is their duty to share their birth stories with me since I'm pregnant. The ones that scare me are the, "oh my LO was 12 days overdue!" or "I had to be induced because...". Added to that is the fact that there are about 12 women in my family with December birthdays (including me, and ONLY women, no men). I am convinced that my little lady is going to wait so that she can be a December birthday baby, too. Ugh. These last few weeks are going to be pretty stressful for us all, I'm sure!

Oh yeah. I'm nervous. I will likely have a c-section, but I am nervous about the surgery and recovery and everything that goes along with it. And if I end up opting for a vaginal birth (OB says babies are in perfect position and she's comfortable trying that with me), I get super nervous about pushing 2 out, something going wrong, needing an emergency section on top of labor. Of course all the youtube videos of both vaginal births and c-sections don't help make me feel better either! :haha:

I'm definitely nervous about the birth... and certainly much more apprehensive than I was first time round because I know what is coming!!

It is so scary to think that when we go into October some of us may have our babies that month! :wacko:

Oh yes I have the fear I'm trying for vbac so I have no experience of labour. I'm lilt a first timer with the added stress of all the restrictions they place on me.

At the same time I am excited and feeling like I'm probably going to be desperate for her to get out!

I'm definitely nervous about the birth... and certainly much more apprehensive than I was first time round because I know what is coming!!

It is so scary to think that when we go into October some of us may have our babies that month! :wacko:

October is the WHOLE month of which we will be pregnant.... Were already half through september, and november we should be meeting out little ones... Its so exciting... And NO ONE is taking that away from me!! :thumbup:

Let's keep these babies cooking as long as they need to!

I had the worse night sleep last night :( awake most of the night and then wide awake at 5am so came downstairs to watch tv and thankfully fell asleep on the sofa!

The rest of our nursery furniture comes tomorrow :) and the car seat and base Friday and then the pram, carrycot etc and bouncer comes on Monday! So excited to finally be ready for her!

I have gotten nervous about the birth now and then.... especially after I made the mistake of watching some birth videos! But mostly I prefer to not think about it. There's nothing I can do about it now so I just keep telling myself 1) Many people have a second child so it has to be worth it, and 2) The whole human race is here due to some sort of birth, and there are billions of people on this earth, so I can do it too!

We started the stencil on our accent wall yesterday, and man, is it going to take forever. But I loooove it so far! Getting me so excited to get the nursery done.

We got the nursery all painted this weekend, and got Chase moved into her new room, also painted. I need to put stuff on the walls in her room, and transfer her stuff between closets, but it's livable and she's doing great with it. Changing rooms didn't bother her a bit! I was really impressed at how adaptable she is. Glad it's done, though.

Now I need to clean up the guest room/craft room/office because it's just full of junk. Not sure when I'll have time to do that, but it has to be within the next two months because I have some artwork for Reese's room I'm finishing up in there!

Somewhat nervous about birth. Like apple said, mine will hopefully be a VBAC as well so I feel like I'm going through all this for the first time. And I'm on a timeframe, because (a) I can't go more than a week past my due date, and (b) they won't induce (nor do I want them to - I did not enjoy last time and it didn't do much good!). So basically, she has the next 10 weeks and 2 days to make her exit on her own. Crossing my fingers and toes!

I've been away for a week and now there is so much talk of final preparations. How exciting! I'm about to get on a plane back home after my grandma's funeral. It was good to have a week off to spend with family before my life gets complicated. I managed to catch a cold, unfortunately, so the next few days are going to suck. On the bright side, texas has cooled off a bit while I was gone.

As for birth plans, I've decided that I'm just going to write out a list of things we need to remember during and after the birth, like different labor positions, etc.

Is anyone else having nausea again? I've been so sick to my stomach lately, not throwing up though, just miserable in the last week especially after I eat something. I don't know if it's a stomach bug, normal part of third tri or maybe it has to do with my new low carb diet. I'm having to take promethazine again.

I'm excited to have this baby, and not worried at all. I'm going to ask for the epidural as soon as I get to the hospital. And having been through it before I know there is going to be some pain, but it'll be worth it and it won't last forever. At the end of it I'll have my precious baby girl.

We got the nursery all painted this weekend, and got Chase moved into her new room, also painted. I need to put stuff on the walls in her room, and transfer her stuff between closets, but it's livable and she's doing great with it. Changing rooms didn't bother her a bit! I was really impressed at how adaptable she is. Glad it's done, though.

Now I need to clean up the guest room/craft room/office because it's just full of junk. Not sure when I'll have time to do that, but it has to be within the next two months because I have some artwork for Reese's room I'm finishing up in there!

Somewhat nervous about birth. Like apple said, mine will hopefully be a VBAC as well so I feel like I'm going through all this for the first time. And I'm on a timeframe, because (a) I can't go more than a week past my due date, and (b) they won't induce (nor do I want them to - I did not enjoy last time and it didn't do much good!). So basically, she has the next 10 weeks and 2 days to make her exit on her own. Crossing my fingers and toes!

I hope baby Reese cooperates and decided to come on her own before then! Glad that the room transition has gone well so far. :thumbup:

Is anyone else having nausea again? I've been so sick to my stomach lately, not throwing up though, just miserable in the last week especially after I eat something. I don't know if it's a stomach bug, normal part of third tri or maybe it has to do with my new low carb diet. I'm having to take promethazine again.

I'm excited to have this baby, and not worried at all. I'm going to ask for the epidural as soon as I get to the hospital. And having been through it before I know there is going to be some pain, but it'll be worth it and it won't last forever. At the end of it I'll have my precious baby girl.

Sorry to hear about your nausea, hope that passes soon. I haven't had that at all... my major annoying symptom now is back pain. I'm like an old woman... if I do any extended standing, or try to do stuff like sit on the ground to paint or whatever, I feel like I ran a marathon after, so soooore. It's rediculous.

ETA: I also have back pain every day even if I don't do anything crazy. Just driving or sitting at my desk chair at work = back pain.

Twinklie, I'm with you on the back pain! Some days are worse than others. I do think some of it is due to carrying a toddler around, but also driving for 1-1.5 hours a day for work can be brutal. I had MUCh worse back pain with my first pregnancy, but this one is slowly headed that direction. Not wanting to spend the time to go to the weekly chiro visits again (I did that starting at 4 months with Chase!) but I just might have to do it. But WHEN???

I did find two magical things to help with back pain:
(a) the Body Bean
It's basically a cordless heating pad, and it's amazing.
(b) Salonpas (or I use the CVS brand) back patches.
They burn like a sunburn, and DO NOT make the mistake of taking a hot shower after having just removed this, but these are amazing.

I used these both throughout my first pregnancy.
Also in the 10 or so hours of labor I did have, it was ALL back labor - and these things were lifesavers. I plan on having a big stack of those heat patches in my hospital bag. I usually keep 2-3 in my laptop bag as well. I use them whenever I travel, or if I'm going to be sitting for a long time otherwise (i.e., long meetings scheduled).

Cncem- I've heard of nausea coming back in the 3rd tri although I haven't experienced it

I watch natural birth videos almost daily. I feel like I'm trying to pump myself up to be able to have a natural birth. We were watching a video in our Bradley method class on sat and I thought, " that doesn't look too bad" and DH was like "omg that looked horrible" I'm more worried about him through this whole thing...he doesn't want to see me in pain he says. He keeps telling me to just get an epidural...I was like getting an epidural doesn't make it a party! It's still hard work

I watched a natural birth video on YouTube while on lunch today ... I turned down the volume (lol) and then I cried ! I don't know why I cried, maybe because I still not ready to give birth yet and I am deathly afraid of being in pain.

Salu, don't worry to much about the pain, yes it can be intense but you always have the option of pain relief and once the baby comes you forget all about it, mostly. It's really not that bad, don't worry you can do it! Just keep telling yourself that more pain means baby soon, you might actually embrace it.

Twinklie, I bought a maternity belt thing that goes around you and under your bump to help hold it up and take the pressure off your back and it helps alot. I bought it at walmart for like $16 bucks, and I use it when I'm standing for awhile like washing dishes or cooking, it works great. And great advice Mariemo. I have been stockpiling thermacare heat back wraps for when the pain gets bad during bh contractions and real contractions. I think I have some salonpas too. I take warm baths every night to ease muscle aches and backpain, which I'm not sure why I feel like I've done a major workout I've been slacking on my excersizing lately, lol. I hope you feel better Twinklie.

In other news I want some Damn Cake!!! *sob I'm feening for sugar. I'd lick icing off the floor right now, ugh. It's not fair, most people on diets get to have a cheat day. This sucks...

In other news I want some Damn Cake!!! *sob I'm feening for sugar. I'd lick icing off the floor right now, ugh. It's not fair, most people on diets get to have a cheat day. This sucks...

Aww sorry you can't have a cheat day but it's not too much longer

I cry too when watching videos of births but not because I'm scared because of how happy the parents always look when the baby comes out...it must be an amazing feeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->