November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Hi!! EDD for me is Nov 2, currently 33 +4, have to lovely babies already, expecting another baby girl!! Congrats to the ladies here!!!

My poor cousin is 36 weeks and went to her doc's and found out she wasn't dialated at all, even though she has been having bad bh contractions that leave her exhausted. She has had her mind set on this baby coming early like her others. I told her to relax and try to remember she is not even full term yet, that the baby will come when it is ready, not a day before. I have exactly 7 weeks and 7 days left (see what I did there, lol) and I'm not expecting Macie to come any earlier than that, if she does I'll be surprised and not dissapointed if she doesn't come earlier. I'd rather have her natural and not be induced, so 38 weeks and 6 days would be great, as I'm scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks. I feel bad for her, she is having a rough time right now, working 40 hours a week and with 2 little ones to chase at home.

I think my nausea may have been a stomach bug, it seems to have passed mostly. I still get a little sick after I eat if I eat too much. Other than that, smooth sailing here, just waiting...

Hi!! EDD for me is Nov 2, currently 33 +4, have to lovely babies already, expecting another baby girl!! Congrats to the ladies here!!!

Welcome and congratulations its lovely to get more new ladies in the final home stretch! I will add you to the front page. :hugs:

No babies yet:thumbup: I do feel so close though. My bump is stretched to its max, I don't think this baby can grow any more! I finish for mat leave next Wednesday and know I am so ready. We move into our new house next Friday and we've been working hard on it. My daughter has also got onto a habit of waking for the day at 5.30am so I'm pretty exhausted!! Xxx

So just stopping by, no babies yet? Lol. Next Friday I get my cs date.

No babies yet! We are doing well how have you been? How come you are having a c-section? Sorry if you already said I don't remember.

I'm having a repeat section due to blood pressure and placenta complications with my first that ended in an emergency section because I had a placental abruption at 38 weeks. I weighed up my options and decided a vbac isn't for me as the anxiety of possibly going overdue and having my placenta fail again will raise my Bp and cause stress

My last day of work is October 10th when I'm 33, going on 34 weeks. A tad early, maybe, but with twins average birth is 36ish weeks and I'd rather play it safe. I'm quitting and won't be going back to my position. I'm already training my replacement. It's crazy. I'll likely be going back to work sometime in January in a different part-time position. Probably no more than 20 hours a week, working partially from home and some evenings and weekends. It's a drastic pay cut and not ideal, but we just don't see how I could possibly keep my job with all of its demands with two infants. Add in the fact that like 75% of my salary would be going straight to childcare and it just isn't worth it. It's scary though!

I would love to take an actual maternity leave! I'm student teaching at the moment though so I have to go until I quite literally burst :haha: I think I am planning to go on "leave" after the 11th of November though, which coincides with the last class I have to take. Then I get 6 weeks of built-in "leave" with winter break. Hope you ladies get plenty of rest on your mat leave, luckies!

Trust me, if I could go on leave now, I would. I'm so fed up with my job. After the a** reaming I got from my boss this morning, I texted my OH and said "yep...I'm so done with this job". So I am going to have to actively look for a new job when I'm on leave, because its already bad enough with the stress I'm in, I can just imagine what it's going to be like after Pickle is born. I'm just so fed up with getting yelled at because I'm not doing 30 things at once, or supposedly nitpicking on everyone else (I'm the assistant manager). I'm to the point where, fine I'll shut up, and not talk to any of my coworkers, let them make their mistakes and not say anything, guide them when I need to, but I'm just done. As for the crap he expects me to do during the day, have the crap isn't even my job, and that's what frustrates me. I do know I've done this to myself because in the 6 1/2 years I've been there, I've done everything I can to move up to this position, and that meant taking on more things that my job title required of me, to make a good impression, and to get the position I have now. Now I'm pregnant, and yeah I can be a bitch (I get fed up with stupidity, whether it's by my coworkers or our customers), and it's gotten extremely stressful.

Okay I'm done whining now.

Anyway, I have to work pretty much up until I have him. I only get 6 or 8 weeks of short term disability. If he stays in as close to his due date, that puts 6 weeks at just before Christmas. And if I must go back there to work, I plan on going back after the 1st of the year, which will mean I have about 2-3 weeks without pay.

Don't feel bad. I don't plan on going on maternity leave until I deliver. :wacko:

Not ideal, but unless medically necessary to come out of work, financially it makes more sense to spend the time with the baby after he's born. When 12 weeks is your max, it's kind of limiting!

I finish next sat at 34+2. Then I have 2 weeks AL then won't get paid til she's born. If I want to work longer I have to present my work with a doctors certificate weekly saying I'm fit for duty, given last pregnancies complications I don't think they'll give it to me.
Once she's born our government pays 18 weeks at the minimum national full time wage. (So about $600) win for me as I'm only part time on $350 so I'll be getting more :) after that, it'll be struggle street! Can't really go back to work with 2 under 2.

I am going to work in the office until I am 38 weeks, so Nov 7th will be my last day in the office, but then I will work 100% from home until the baby comes. I want my full 12 weeks off work to be with the baby! When I go back, I go back "full time", but with a 9-80 schedule. I get every other Friday off, and the Fridays I do work will be from home. It will still be tough but I think it's the right decision for our family.

Ack! My husband has a fever of 101, the shivers and probably has the flu or some kind of bug. He just woke me up shivering. I moved as quickly as I could into the spare room, but now I'm paranoid I'll catch whatever he has. I wasn't exactly keeping my distance from him yesterday or this evening, and this came on suddenly. I'm so paranoid about getting sick right now, especially when fevers are involved. Plus I'm on call this week so getting his sickness would be extra stressful work-wise. I've never had a flu shot in my life, though I planned on getting one this year. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus I know influenza has already popped up in my area and DH works in a hospital. Gah. I always have to find something to worry about it seems! Lord I hope I don't catch this!

My last day in the office is 31 October and then I intend to have 6-7 months off work. I already have a childminder booked from 1 May 15 for the little one so I will either go back to work in May or June depending on how she settles! :)

I've been telling my boss my last day before leave will be Nov 14, about a week before my due date, but I'm going to leave the Working from home option open. I also want most of my time off to come after the baby is born. And I'm maybe thinking of going to 3/4 time when I return after 12 weeks. The problem if I wanted to work less is that because OH and I can't have a marriage recognized by the state, I need to work at least 3/4 time to keep the really good medical benefits I have without having to pay a lot. But is also think I would go nuts as a SAHM. I'm not cut out for that.

Aww Missy I hope you don't get sick. It sucks extra bad because we can't really take any meds. For what its worth I never get the flu shot. My son has a reduced immune system and he got a flu shot then a few days later got the flu :dohh:. My husband woke up shivering and feverish recently and it turned out he had a tooth infection, antibiotics took care of that. I hope it's nothing serious for your hubby.

I think the eggs I had for dinner last night didn't sit well with me. I've been crampy and had loose bowels all morning, not fun :(
I'm hoping the two boys at the work fall asleep for their 2 hour nap time, because this momma needs some sleep right now. Feeling so achy and run down. Maybe me going on mat leave on Oct 17 is a blessing in disguise.

I'm off next Wednesday, so I've already got plans to go to Service Canada and start my mat leave application, talk to my cell phone provider about cutting my bills down, call my student loan service and get that (hopefully) suspended for 6 months without interest, and .... start to paint the nursery! It's going to be a busy day next Wednesday !

I've got a stomach bug again I think ergh. And I'm alone looking after a toddler ego keeps climbing on me . :(

Today I'm wearing a maternity dress, and it's the first time I've ever worn a dress to work. I've been missing out! This is so freaking comfortable, and it shows off my bump quite nicely :). People have been complimenting me all day and actually noticing that I'm pregnant (I think in most shirts I just look fat). I can wear this every day, right? :haha:

I might need to do some shopping so I have a few more comfy dresses for the last several weeks.

Dresses are great aren't they? I'll need some thicker ones for winter and some thick tights/leggings but a lot more comfy then even maternity trousers.

Yep definitely a bug for me I really hope I haven't passed it to DS though if I haven't his immune system would be amazing.

I finally finished the mobile for LOs nautical nursery. I have a few more projects I need to finish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe