November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

This must be a tough part of pregnancy because I think we are all feeling a little overwhelmed! Feeling for you ladies with GD - it's just how your body deals with pregnancy, you can't blame yourself. The doctors will do everything they need to so that your baby is perfectly safe.

I had a mini meltdown last night. It was definitely hormone induced as I had a pretty good day overall! I went to bed and just started to cry to DH.... Worried about going back to work after the baby since my boss can be so needy, worried about having enough time for "us" with DH once the baby is here, worried about daycare drop offs and pickups in time with us both working, and just.... Everything! I hope these hormones calm down because I can't take 2 more months of crankiness for no reason!

I'm feeling like we won't have everything done before she arrives. Which is why I'm glad I'll be taking mat leave on Oct so that'll give me time to get things done without the OH there lol.

It's been a week since I had my glucose test and I haven't heard from my doctor, so I am assuming I i passed lol. I'll find out for sure Monday when I go for my appintment.

Salu, if you didn't pass they'd have called you the next morning, and had you in for a glucose meter and nutritional counseling by now. It is safe to say you passed, congrats!!

Twinklie, your so sweet to say that. It's been hard not to blame myself, even though my doc says it is nothing I did or eat or do.

Im feeling like I wont be ready myself...so I feel you ladies. Did you all have showers already? (I mean the parties..LOL)

I've already had my two big showers. (Only wanted one, but my MIL insisted on having one with her friends/family separate b/c my "main" shower was happening in the town I grew up in two hours away from where I live now.) I had one at almost 27 weeks, and the other at almost 30 weeks. I'm having one more teeny, tiny shower thrown by my friends on my birthday next weekend when I'll be nearly 32 weeks. I've already gotten most everything I need. DH and I need to get very little ourselves at this point. I feel very blessed and fortunate.

Having a "sprinkle" October 19, one month before my due date. Just a little girls' get-together.

I'm surprisingly not overwhelmed with the "I have so much to do" - at home anyway. I have everything I need, just really need to get Chase's old clothes washed. Other than that, it's all details. The nursery won't be 100% when she's born I'm sure, but there's a crib in there. The Rock n Play (which I'm sure she'll be sleeping in the first couple of weeks) is in a closet ready to go.

Work is stressing me out some, but I think it's starting to come together as well. I'm hoping and praying we can get my position filled within the next week or so, having someone start within 2 weeks. Then I have at least a full month to train and get someone up to speed before I go on leave. It may even mean I can stop working a little bit early so I can have some quiet time at home with my daughter before she becomes a sister! Cross your fingers for me, girls!

I had my shower 2 weeks ago. We still need to get some stuff that we didn't get off the registry

We aren't having a shower or a sprinkle. I was asked by a coworker if I was having one, and I said no. He asked why. It's mostly because most of my family and friends live 4 hours away, hard to plan and transport everything back. Plus this is my second. Most of everything that is being bought is second hand, and the big things we need we are buying a bit at a time. I plan on getting my carrier this weekend, and hopefully by next weekend the pack 'n play. Anything else that we need big-wise, we can get after Pickle is born, since it won't be needed right away.

Work has been better. I'm still greatly annoyed by stupidity, and really ready to be off work already (though not ready for Pickle to be born). At the end of today, I already have 45 hours of work (I'm normally scheduled that), and I still have another 7 hours to go tomorrow. It sucks being short handed.

I had my sprinkle at 20 weeks so we could do gender reveal at the same time. I also had a lot more energy back then!

I think the last stretch is the hardest second only to waiting to get to 12 weeks.

I have quite a bit to do still to get the house sorted but no energy to do it . Who has packed their hospital bag? I feel like I should but would involve a bit of shopping!

I've got my baby showers today and tomorrow :D so excited!!

As for hospital bag... I haven't even thought about it!

We had our shower a couple of weeks ago, and my coworkers are throwing me a small one over lunch in late October. This weekend I'm going to organize all of the stuff we got from the shower and finish the nursery. We also new to rearrange our room to fit the bassinet. Baby will be in out room for a little while since Master BR and nursery are on different floors. I think this will be easier until we get the hang of middle of the night feedings. The biggest thing I am worried about is lining up daycare for when I go back to work in February. With some places here, we would have had to get on a list before we even started trying to have a baby.

Agenda for today: car shopping for a bigger car that can accommodate 2 car seats and lots of baby crap in the trunk space. Ugh. We've been putting this "fun" task off and now we are getting into crunch time.

I also need to put my hospital bag together this weekend, which will involve some shopping for me. I've been reading lots of twin blogs and I've read a number of twin moms going into labor at 33 weeks. That's like TWO friggen weeks from now for me. I'm certainly hoping and expecting to make it longer than that, but I need to get prepared.

Good luck Missy, hope you find a nice one. I can't believe you have 2 weeks left, more or less!! Eeeeeek how exciting!!

My shower is in a few weeks and I'm excited. We don't have much in the way of furniture yet, but I really don't think we need much of anything right now, anyway. I have a swing and a side of the bed sleeper. I'll get a crib sometime soon, when my mother takes me to get one, but she won't be in that for a while anyway. I've given thought to what to pack in my hospital bag, and since I'm a couponer I already have everything I need, just need to get it all together. I never went into hospital with a bag either, so lots of firsts for me, lol.

Enjoy the showers. We are not having one here.
Last week at work coming up, I'm done on Wednesday :yipee: xxx

I'm dreading packing a hospital bag...mostly because I just don't think I'll pack everything I need...I went out one day and bought literally everything I need for my little man... My first boy. I'm do excited. My MIL wants to give me a small shower, but I kindly declined...as I'm going through a lot at home and she is not aware... I also have a different idea of what a shower is and we just don't agree. I already have everything I need.

Wednesday I was admitted to the hospital for blood clots...it's amazing how quickly they acted as their alarms went off when my oxygen levels were lower than normal... They got me in for bloods,EKG and ultrasound very fast...so I'm super impressed with my provider. Everything is good now...

I have two months to wait for my lil man...and I'm hoping it goes by fast... I need something extra to be excited about... My girls keep my hands full of course, but I'm ready for a change in my life also... Finally a male in my life that won't screw me over..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->