November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Missy 34 weeks is excellent!

Sorry for the poorly dh's...ugh men are so annoying when they are sick :dohh: xxx

Whenever my DH has a cold I call it a "man cold".... its the same as a normal cold, but he exaggerates it to be 1000 time worse. Seemingly all men do. They are such wimps! This must be why women have to go through labor instead of men. Only we could tolerate the pain. haha

So....I had my first NST this morning. First bp reading was 136/87. They got me hooked up to the test, and all I got to say is Eryc hated it (as usual, he hates anything being pressed into my tummy), but I got to hear his heart beat, and feel him move/squirm around for about an hour. I was even having contractions, quite a few over the hour, but they weren't regular in timing or duration. Only two were actually uncomfortable. They then take my bp at the end, and it's now 146/93. Nurse goes to call the doctor who was in this week, and comes back, and says, "lets have you lay on your side and check, but you may be going on bed rest". She takes it again, and I don't remember #'s but top one was still over 140, bottom was more normal for me around 70.

I then go to my doctor's appt which is right down the hallway from l&d. Nurse there takes my bp, it's now spiking up to 159/99 (by the machine they use). She has me go into the room after going to restroom for urine specimen, and retakes my bp with the cuff and stethoscope, it's now 152/92. Doctor comes in after she leaves and goes, "you are off of work for the rest of the pregnancy, and lets check you to see where you are at". I'm 3cm dilated and already 80% effaced. Doctor says "go home, and rest, it's not strict, but try to lay on your side as much as possible, and hope he stays in there for another two weeks".

I have my next nst on thursday, and now on mondays in addition to my doctor appts and the nsts, I am now getting a weekly u/s (US FETAL BIOPHYSICAL PROFILE WITHOUT NST, according to my upcoming appointments).

So that's my excitement for the day. I'm sure my boss isn't too happy and I have no clue how this going to be handle in regards to time off/maternity leave/short term, but we'll deal.

I'm going to lay down for a bit, and I'll be on later to catch up. Unfortunately, I have no laptop :( lol.

Selaphyna- wow! That sure does sound like an exciting day so far. I hope that your employer is understanding and doesn't give you a lot of gruff. FX'd your little one holds off for a couple more weeks.

So....I had my first NST this morning. First bp reading was 136/87. They got me hooked up to the test, and all I got to say is Eryc hated it (as usual, he hates anything being pressed into my tummy), but I got to hear his heart beat, and feel him move/squirm around for about an hour. I was even having contractions, quite a few over the hour, but they weren't regular in timing or duration. Only two were actually uncomfortable. They then take my bp at the end, and it's now 146/93. Nurse goes to call the doctor who was in this week, and comes back, and says, "lets have you lay on your side and check, but you may be going on bed rest". She takes it again, and I don't remember #'s but top one was still over 140, bottom was more normal for me around 70.

I then go to my doctor's appt which is right down the hallway from l&d. Nurse there takes my bp, it's now spiking up to 159/99 (by the machine they use). She has me go into the room after going to restroom for urine specimen, and retakes my bp with the cuff and stethoscope, it's now 152/92. Doctor comes in after she leaves and goes, "you are off of work for the rest of the pregnancy, and lets check you to see where you are at". I'm 3cm dilated and already 80% effaced. Doctor says "go home, and rest, it's not strict, but try to lay on your side as much as possible, and hope he stays in there for another two weeks".

I have my next nst on thursday, and now on mondays in addition to my doctor appts and the nsts, I am now getting a weekly u/s (US FETAL BIOPHYSICAL PROFILE WITHOUT NST, according to my upcoming appointments).

So that's my excitement for the day. I'm sure my boss isn't too happy and I have no clue how this going to be handle in regards to time off/maternity leave/short term, but we'll deal.

I'm going to lay down for a bit, and I'll be on later to catch up. Unfortunately, I have no laptop :( lol.

Not sure how all your work stuff is handled, but from my point of view (I do benefits for a hospital):

1) Since you've been put on bed rest and cannot work, you are essentially disabled from work and can start your short-term disability claim now. You may have to file a separate one when you deliver, or at least re-certify, but you should be eligible for your 6 to 8 weeks specifically for the birth, PLUS any "disabled" time prior to the birth.

2) If your maternity leave is FMLA, then you'll be entitled to your full 12 weeks, but it will include any time you take before the baby is born. So if you're on bedrest for 4 weeks, you'll have a max of 8 weeks of FMLA eligibility afterward.

Sorry you're dealing with this - sounds like a whirlwind of a day!!! Hope things settle down and you can keep that baby happy and healthy in there for a couple more weeks!

Oh my goodness I had a lot of catching up to do !! Had thanksgiving (Canadian) at my dad's this weekend and just got home. It wad nice to get away for the weekend with OH. I don't see my dad too often because he lives 2 hours away, so it easy nice to him and my step mom before the baby comes.
Pelvic pain at night is unbearable for me ad well. I walk hunched over and suffle my feet to the bathroom lol.
I'm not too sure if she's engaged or not ?? She's been head down for a while now. I go for my group b testing next Monday so hopefully that's an all clear.

Not sure how all your work stuff is handled, but from my point of view (I do benefits for a hospital):

1) Since you've been put on bed rest and cannot work, you are essentially disabled from work and can start your short-term disability claim now. You may have to file a separate one when you deliver, or at least re-certify, but you should be eligible for your 6 to 8 weeks specifically for the birth, PLUS any "disabled" time prior to the birth.

2) If your maternity leave is FMLA, then you'll be entitled to your full 12 weeks, but it will include any time you take before the baby is born. So if you're on bedrest for 4 weeks, you'll have a max of 8 weeks of FMLA eligibility afterward.

Sorry you're dealing with this - sounds like a whirlwind of a day!!! Hope things settle down and you can keep that baby happy and healthy in there for a couple more weeks!

Thank you MarieMo, I ended up calling the lady that handles our payroll and anything that has to do with insurance/short term, you name it, she handles it. Well I was planning on calling her today anyway since I needed to get my papers filled out, but seeing your post at least gave me an idea of what I needed to ask. I'm covered by short term now, and still for 6 or 8 week (depending on birth) after birth. I just have my week waiting period this week, which I plan on using a week of my vacation, rather than sick time. So tomorrow I plan on going back out to the doctors, to have them fax my papers as well as have them fill out their forms to fax to the office as well, and that part will be done.

Now, I'm hoping I won't be extremely bored....I was off for two weeks before DS1 was born (and I took myself off as doctor told me I'd go any day), and I was bored out of my mind. At least it's modified, but I'll try to rest as much as I can.

Oh and even if I'm up for a bit, walking to the kitchen to get something to eat or walk to bathroom, I have so much pressure in my pelvic area. I know he hasn't dropped yet, and I know he may not until I'm in active labor, especially since this is my second. I just hate having this pain (especially since I had no clue to expect it, as I never felt it with DS1).

If you go to L&D because you're feeling contractions, do they check for dilation or only ask how you're feeling pain-wise?

I feel like I did when I went in last time, but I don't know if it's progressing enough to get admitted (or at all...I don't know anything! FTM!!). I would like them to check, but I know they are afraid of risking infection or progressing me further along unnecessarily. Thoughts? Tips?

If you go to L&D because you're feeling contractions, do they check for dilation or only ask how you're feeling pain-wise?

I feel like I did when I went in last time, but I don't know if it's progressing enough to get admitted (or at all...I don't know anything! FTM!!). I would like them to check, but I know they are afraid of risking infection or progressing me further along unnecessarily. Thoughts? Tips?

I'd say it's definitely worth a call at the very least. Tell them what you are feeling as compared to last time and let them make the call of whether you should go in or not and what treatment would be. :shrug:

Good luck, Dissy! :hugs:

Dissy I'd give them a call. I'd suspect they would hook you up to a NST to monitor fetal movements/hb, and of course your contractions. I'd also tell them how it feels to you verses last time, etc.

When I went today for my NST, they gave me a packet on when to call your doctor, what warning signs of early labor are, and of course to call them if I have any questions or concerns.

Hey Dissy, I have worked on L&D in all 3 of the hospitals here in town. They'll set you up in triage, monitor baby and see if you are contracting and if you are indeed contracting they will check you.

Drs appt in the a.m see lets see what ge tells me this time regarding weight gain.

I still have no idea how big Eryc is going to be. U/s tech last week didn't give us any indication and doctor today didn't say anything. Maybe next week at my biophysical u/s on monday they can give me an estimate.

I went in, contractions were being picked up every 6 minutes, and I was checked FOUR TIMES. Yooooow my poor lady parts :nope: I got sent home and told "if you can't walk or talk, come back in"...how do I get there if I can't walk!? lol! Oy.

Thinking of you Dissy :hugs:

I had a midwife appointment this morning. Everything looks fine. Head is 3/5 engaged she said and I'm measuring right on track. She asked me if I would be wanting a sweep anytime soon, but I said I would wait till my next appointment if I was still here?

I'm still feeling very crampy and nauseous. I have such restless legs too. I'm hoping I will go naturally over the next couple of weeks? Xxx

My cervix is still pretty high barely softening up but good news is i lost 2lbs plus 2 weeks left and thats it :wohoo:

They say weight loss can be a sign of labor starting soon! FX !

Really? I didnt know that...how exciting...i was pretty shocked i know 2lbs is not much but almost weekly i would go with 4-5 lbs gained and this time i went with 2lbs less. With my daughter the last weeks i wouldnt gain at all the weight stayed stable..hopefully i keep loosing weight lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->