November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Hi everyone! I popped in here a few months back but struggled to keep up. Now I'm obsessing with labour so I don't think that'll be a problem, I can't wait to hear everyone's birth stories :happydance:

Glad to see the preterm babies are staying put for now and that there's a few term babies that sound like they're about to arrive 😀

A bit about me: I have a 3 year old daughter (her birthday was yesterday so I'm exhausted now!) she was born at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia and was a tiny 5lb4 but perfectly healthy. Then I had 3 mcs (no known cause) and now I'm pregnant with my rainbow. The only complication is gestational diabetes but I'm controlling that through diet at the moment. Had a growth scan on Monday and baby was already weighing just over 5lb so I'm expecting this one to be bigger than DD, my bump sure feels a lot bigger this time! 6 more weeks to go!

Ohhhh tomorrow is 30 days til my DD I think, which means I can officially put in my order for my breast pump! :happydance:

Good morning ladies, I just popped in to see how Geralyn is, hope she is doing well. Can't wait to read her birth story.

I'm stalking for geralyn's update too! Hope things are fine!

I'm not doing so great keeping up lately. I hate we're such bad procrastinators. :( But we've been busy getting things ready. Not sure we'll make it in time.

Little update on me, baby is small, but just within an okay range that they don't have to do weekly scans. Plus she has plenty of fluid and her heart rate was good. She's looking to be about the size her big sister was when she was born (6 lbs 2 oz), and she was perfectly healthy, just little. I'm a pretty small person, so I think I just make babies that I'm able to get out.

Im finally starting to feel 'im ready' lady just dropped off birth supplies. So exciting!

Eyemom what method they going on to say your baby is small?

At my 34 week appt, after feeling my belly (and perhaps looking at my weight gain), asked how big my DD was. Then he was like, you probably just have small babies, but let's do another scan to make sure, we'd do it anyway. (This is different for me because I never had a 3rd tri scan before, but I'm at a different office now, and I talked to a few friends who stated they got 3rd tri scans too and it's not unusual).

So on Monday when I was right at 36 weeks, I went in for the ultrasound (that sonographer was kind of a negative nancy but whatever lol) said smaller than 10th percentile they have to do weekly scans because there's no other way to be sure if it's just a smaller kiddo because of genetics. Or if it's a smaller kiddo because of a placenta problem. So they have to err on the side of caution for the sake of the baby's health, which I understand and appreciate even though I wasn't overly worried.

She was RIGHT at 10th percentile, from what she said. But baby appeared otherwise healthy and happy, so they said they don't need to keep doing scans. They measured her at 5 lbs 3 oz, and said she'd probably gain about another pound by her EDD. Since DD was 6 lbs 2 oz, I thought that sounded about right. So we just proceed as normal now.

At my 36 week appt, I'd gained 20 lbs. I'm 5'4" and was 105 at the beginning of this pregnancy. With DD1, I was 99 lbs when I got pregnant and gained 23. DH is 6'2" and about 170 I think? So it's not strange to me to have long and lean kiddos.

Glad to hear an update eyemom. I think that you are right and that she is perfectly healthy and you just grow babies on the smaller side. Happy to hearthat they at least had an eye on it though.

Mummytoamber- sorry that you are still dealing with sickness (HG). Not too much longer now though.

AFM- had my 38 wk. appt. yesterday. Baby sounded great and is still measuring 2 weeks ahead, so fundal height is 40cm and I am feeling rather massive. I lost a few ounces from last week, putting me at 2 oz. under pre-pregnancy weight. I made some progress, the doc said that I was soft and 2+cm dilated. Baby is head down, but not engaged at all-just like my other kiddos. I still think baby will come in the 39th week. Our family has quite a few birthdays on the 27th day of the month and I kind of think that's when it'll happen. Of course if this LO decides to come sooner, I'm all for that at this point.

eyemom - glad to see they are checking up on things, but I agree, you probably just make small babies!

I'm so excited to start seeing some birth stories - eeee!!!! :happydance:

I didn't think id be feeling so ready for her to come so soon but wow pelvis pain/pressure has upped. When I walk I fe pressure in that whole area!

I feel for anyone who's feeling sick/ uncomfortable right now it's so not easy being this round..

37 wks today yay! For some reason i see my bump smaller in a certain way..lets see when this lil one decides to make his appearance...hopefully soon cause random contractions are not fun.

I cannot believe that we are hitting the point where people are starting to have their babies. It's so crazy how quickly this has gone by.

Eyemom deffo sounds like you make small babies but those scans are never accurate aswell.

Busytulip thanks :) deffo seeing the light at end of this tunnel. Cant wait to eat baked bean jacket potato haha. Sounds promising you being 2cm.

Im feeling tonnes more pelvic pressure with constant urge to wee. So annoying when i need to take girls to school always seems get worse then and every time i roll over in bed.

Ohh anyone having 'lightening crotch'?

Eeeeeeek where is Geralyn?!

Hi Anniebobs, lovely to hear everyone's updates.

I think it was mummytoamber asking about feet? My Bugs feet stick out the front right side all day, you can literally see it!! Think they are big feet like mummy's!!

I've not really had much swelling, my rings still fit. My feet swelled a little on holiday and sometimes I've had deeper sock marks at the end of a busy day!

What is lightening crotch? Like shooting pains? I've had them today in the right side all day...think baby may be playing with a nerve?!

We have narrowed down our names...
Boys Keir or Zac (both with Davd as middle name)
Girls Poppy, Holly, Heidi, Imogen or Lena (Niamh or Rose as possible middle names)
What does everyone think? Xxx

PK, I like Zac, and Poppy or Heidi. I love the name Heidi, always have :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->