November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Wow Selaphyna that is something. There was a lady who used to work with me, and she said she slept through all her contractions until the very end, never had an epidural or anything. She wasn't the uhhh most reliable person though, so I didn't know how to take it. (She also said that with her 6 kids, she was in labor a TOTAL of 13 hours...what????) Sounds like it could have been the real deal about the contractions though. I really envied her, but I guess it would be good to at least know when to go to the hospital!

I was having a lot of BHs last night. Uncomfortable, but not enough to make me think it was going to turn into the real deal. When I went into labor with my first daughter, I went from nothing to intense contractions every 2.5 minutes, so it's kind of nice in a way to be able to "ramp up" a little more slowly this time. Even though it's nothing like serious business contractions, I still try to think of it as practice.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Wow Selaphyna that is something. There was a lady who used to work with me, and she said she slept through all her contractions until the very end, never had an epidural or anything. She wasn't the uhhh most reliable person though, so I didn't know how to take it. (She also said that with her 6 kids, she was in labor a TOTAL of 13 hours...what????) Sounds like it could have been the real deal about the contractions though. I really envied her, but I guess it would be good to at least know when to go to the hospital!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

That's the way labor went for my mom. The only contractions she felt were the ones that got her from 6 to 10 cm, and it was usually just one contraction that did it. Total time in labor for 4 kids was about 8 hours. I really hope I am like my mom.

Glad you are doing well at home Geralyn! Sorry to the ladies feeling uncomfortable. I am right there with ya, but not tooooo bad yet. No real contractions. Just some BH at night sometimes and some light period like cramps. But I am like a beached whale trying to get off of the couch, get out of the car, etc. haha. My feet are big and swollen (my DH affectionately told me I had shrek feet...thanks!), and my hands are swollen and numb/painful due to carpal tunnel. I just feel so cute! (not)

These days are dragginggggg for me! Especially because my cousin who was pregnant with me, we were just 2 days apart of dd and she gave birth today at 38+2 so now i feel anxious for my baby boy..oh well gotta wait:wacko:

Very lucky about the contractions. Mine get to point i dont have breaks inbetween this has gone on for 3-4hrs before very difficult period.

I feel so weird this morning, i actually got woken up 3 times through the night due to pains which is a first so far, i got intense pain to right of my head, felt so sick but doesnt feel same as sickness ive had since the beginning i got really bad sweats out of no where.

Its last day of term for my girls so i will be able to chill more next week.

I've been getting really sweaty at night it's so gross because I wake up 3 times a night to go to the loo and have get back into a sweaty bed! Eeeew

5.5 days to go!!!

Do u think the title could be updated with number of births so we can keep track?

Hi Ladies - i have been rubbish at posting in here, but have been reading along - congrats on all the babes who have arrived - not at all jealous!

I have 5 days till my due date - can't quite believe it! physically my body is ready to have this be done with, but mentally I am not prepared as we have to move house in 4 days...!

I've been getting really sweaty at night it's so gross because I wake up 3 times a night to go to the loo and have get back into a sweaty bed! Eeeew

Hah, I've been the same lately. Not sure if it's because we have the heat on in the house now. But all I wear to bed is one of OH's shirts and use a thin comforter, and we're in the basement, so sometimes it's a little chilly down there. But there are nights where I'm just gross and sweaty.

I kinda slept through my contractions too. I was induced by pessary at 6pm and contractions came thick and fast at 9pm (every 2 mins for 60/90 secs) so at 10pm I was checked and I was a whole 1cm :haha: The midwife told me that the hormones in the pessary can cause false labour and have me pethidine so I could sleep. I kept my tens machine on and fell asleep pretty easily, then woke up to my waters breaking at 2:30am and when I was checked again I was at 10cm 😳 and ready to push! I was taken down to labour ward (with an emergency labour kit just in case they had to deliver in the lift!) and after a few pushes gave birth to DD at 3:23am. DH only just made it in time, luckily we only lived 10 minutes away. I was given pethidine again just before I started pushing but it didn't kick in until I was being stitched up. The actual contractions weren't as bad as the false ones I'd had the night before, though I was still asking for an epidural! Has and air is good but didn't really touch the pain, just made me feel a bit drunk and out of it.

Hah, I've been the same lately. Not sure if it's because we have the heat on in the house now. But all I wear to bed is one of OH's shirts and use a thin comforter, and we're in the basement, so sometimes it's a little chilly down there. But there are nights where I'm just gross and sweaty.

Same here ladies. I had to start sleeping with a fan on me and in just a tank top. Meanwhile my husband buries himself in a comforter. :haha:

Starting to noticed cramps more regularly now. Was cooking brea K fast and had to stop until they passed. No rhyme or reason to them yet. Definitely going to tell my OB on Tuesday that I've been having them. More annoying than anything right now.

Salu, have they done a internal exam on you yet? When do they start doing that? I have an appointment on Wednesday.. Not sure after that..

Starting to noticed cramps more regularly now. Was cooking brea K fast and had to stop until they passed. No rhyme or reason to them yet. Definitely going to tell my OB on Tuesday that I've been having them. More annoying than anything right now.

Salu, have they done a internal exam on you yet? When do they start doing that? I have an appointment on Wednesday.. Not sure after that..

No internal exam yet. I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow and my next appointment is Tuesday. Not too sure when they start those ? My mom told me to ask my OB if he thinks I'll go the full 40 or go early/late.

Everyone and their freaking dog wants me to ask my midwife if she thinks I'll go early or late... I am like "they think he'll come when he wants to, they don't have a crystal ball!"

I realize everyone wants to be prepared, but really? Do you honestly think I don't wish I knew too?

Everyone and their freaking dog wants me to ask my midwife if she thinks I'll go early or late... I am like "they think he'll come when he wants to, they don't have a crystal ball!"

I realize everyone wants to be prepared, but really? Do you honestly think I don't wish I knew too?

Haha; its impossible to say.

One of my favorite blog posts on this...
Your Vagina is Not a Crystal Ball

Bottom line: checking your cervix will only tell you what your body has already done, not what it's going to do. You can be high/firm/closed one day and have your baby the next. I have a friend who was dilated to 4cm from 35 weeks. She went into labor just shy of 41 weeks - not on bedrest, no modified activity, etc. There really is no way to tell or predict what's going to happen.

One of my favorite blog posts on this...
Your Vagina is Not a Crystal Ball

Bottom line: checking your cervix will only tell you what your body has already done, not what it's going to do. You can be high/firm/closed one day and have your baby the next. I have a friend who was dilated to 4cm from 35 weeks. She went into labor just shy of 41 weeks - not on bedrest, no modified activity, etc. There really is no way to tell or predict what's going to happen.

Totally! Its good they dont check in UK i think.

At 7.20am this morning on my edd my yellow bump turned.......BLUE!
He was a whopper at 9lb13!!!!!! We are home this evening, will update more later :cloud9:

Do u think the title could be updated with number of births so we can keep track?

I will try! :blush: xxx

Congrats PK, how exciting!!! Enjoy that little boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->