November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

C section tomorrow and feeling very emotional about my boy no longer being an only child.

Congratulations Junbait!

Love his name PK :D

Thinking of you Selaphyna, sounds like it could very well be early labor.

Salu-sorry your doc had to reschedule, that must be frustrating

Missy- praying for great lab and NST results

C section tomorrow and feeling very emotional about my boy no longer being an only child.

Oh, hooray, the first girl! :happydance:
Your son is going to be an amazing big brother. Just think of all of the amazing memories your LO's will share together through the years. I bet he will be a very proud boy come tomorrow!

My little November sparkler ended up being an October pumpkin. Gave birth to Akhil Deep, a beautiful baby boy, at exactly 38 weeks on October 22nd at 2:26 pm weighing 7.6 lbs and measuring 21.25 inches in length. Thanks for all your support thru this journey ladies and hope the rest of you have a smooth labor like I had. Looking forward to seeing all your birth stories in the birth section. I'll post mine soon.

Congrats Junbait!!

Congratulations Junbait!!

We have decided on the name Keir David Eric for our little guy!

All doing well, just adjusting to life with 2!!

Sorry people who are having it tough, hope these babies come out soon for you xxx

I love that name PK! Sounds great!

Good luck!! You are giving your boy the greatest gift with his little sister, and big responsibility too! It's a good thing! :) Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow!

Last night was the worst night ever! Ive had BH constantly and suddenly as i was heading to the kitchen i couldnt walk i had real deep pressure and even had a pulse feeling down there...and when i had that deep pressure i was like a tomato my face got red and i felt hot..almost went to the hospital as how bad it felt. Got my dr appt in a bit and lets see what he sqys..on the bright side my induction starts tomorrow night :yipee:

Eeeek, exciting!! Good luck!

LauraRebecca, not really having all that regular of BH, only sometimes if I overdo it or walk too much, although last night I did have 3 really painful ones while out to dinner with hubby that I thought might have been something. I hope I don't have any more BH contractions until I actually go into labork, I hate the "is this it, is it not?" game.

As for me, I had an ob appt with a different doc as mine was on vacation, but I didn't even see the doc, just the nurse who did a fundal height measurement (which I havn't had at all recently) and when I asked told me it was 39, which is two weeks ahead isn't it? She said it's not always accurate and don't worry about it. She gave me the induction paper which tells you time to be there, not to eat or drink etc. When I got home and looked at it I find out I'm gbs positive, like wow, thanks for Not telling me that and letting me find out like this. I didn't get a cervix check which I thought I was supposed to, she told me they don't do them until 37 weeks which is tomorrow, and said I'm having a csec anyway, I was alarmed, lilke No and she looked at the notes and was like oh sorry, induction. I don't like this office much and am glad it's almost over. My doc won't even be doing the induction, but another doc I've never met before. Ugh. Not a good day.

Last night was the worst night ever! Ive had BH constantly and suddenly as i was heading to the kitchen i couldnt walk i had real deep pressure and even had a pulse feeling down there...and when i had that deep pressure i was like a tomato my face got red and i felt hot..almost went to the hospital as how bad it felt. Got my dr appt in a bit and lets see what he sqys..on the bright side my induction starts tomorrow night :yipee:

Eeeek, exciting!! Good luck!

LauraRebecca, not really having all that regular of BH, only sometimes if I overdo it or walk too much, although last night I did have 3 really painful ones while out to dinner with hubby that I thought might have been something. I hope I don't have any more BH contractions until I actually go into labork, I hate the "is this it, is it not?" game.

As for me, I had an ob appt with a different doc as mine was on vacation, but I didn't even see the doc, just the nurse who did a fundal height measurement (which I havn't had at all recently) and when I asked told me it was 39, which is two weeks ahead isn't it? She said it's not always accurate and don't worry about it. She gave me the induction paper which tells you time to be there, not to eat or drink etc. When I got home and looked at it I find out I'm gbs positive, like wow, thanks for Not telling me that and letting me find out like this. I didn't get a cervix check which I thought I was supposed to, she told me they don't do them until 37 weeks which is tomorrow, and said I'm having a csec anyway, I was alarmed, lilke No and she looked at the notes and was like oh sorry, induction. I don't like this office much and am glad it's almost over. My doc won't even be doing the induction, but another doc I've never met before. Ugh. Not a good day.

Sorry you had a shitty time at the doctors :(
I over heard my doc receptionist/nurse say that he's pretty busy in November so I hope that doesn't interfere with my appointments. I don't really want to deal with OB I don't know

Are you ladies all getting cervical checks? I don't think my midwife group plans to do one, unless maybe I go overdue? I had an appointment today and there was no checking whatsoever and they set my appointment for next week, where I'm 99% sure they don't plan to do one. I guess it's because I went with a midwife group rather than an OB/GYN, so it's a more natural approach and less invasive? More of he comes, when he comes?

I just want to know what's going on down there! :wacko:

I want to know too, although a cervical check will only tell you what your body's done, not what it will do, or when. This is tmi, sorry guys, but my husband volunteered to check my cervix when he got home, even though he didn't know what he was checking for, lol. He said it is soft and mushy and he could almost get a finger in there (cervix) but he was probably just telling me what I wanted to hear. He bought me a jogger stroller/infant car seat system this evening so I'm super happy now. I'll be in the single digits for how many days I have left tomorrow, yay (early) full term!

I know how you feel Salu, I feel the same way. Although at this point I just don't care anymore. As long as I have Macie safely that is all that matters.

I know the feeling about being sad that my boy won't be my only child anymore. Since I stopped work in July we spend every day together and go to the farm and to groups. I know we can still do these things bit it's not the same. Ill miss all the1-1 time we get.

On the plus side when baby grows up he'll have someone to play with x

Hopefulfor1st good luck for today. I'm nervous too about how DD will react to not being an only child any more but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I won't be having any cervix checks and am thinking of refusing them in labour too. With DD the midwife told me I was 10cm and ready to push but when we got to the labour ward (I had been induced on maternity ward) the doctor told me I was only 4cm - bit of a difference!! My body started pushing anyway and she was out in about 5 pushes so proved the midwife right! Have no idea how the doctor got it so wrong but I hate having cervix checks anyway so why bother?!

Are you ladies all getting cervical checks? I don't think my midwife group plans to do one, unless maybe I go overdue? I had an appointment today and there was no checking whatsoever and they set my appointment for next week, where I'm 99% sure they don't plan to do one. I guess it's because I went with a midwife group rather than an OB/GYN, so it's a more natural approach and less invasive? More of he comes, when he comes?

I just want to know what's going on down there! :wacko:

I havent had any cervical check yet, and he hasn't mentioned it at all. Maybe today he will? I'm going to ask him how big he thinks she is and if I'll go the full 40 weeks or sooner/later. But I guess it's hard for them to tell if they don't check everything ? I feel so very naive about this all, being it my first baby.

I've only had 2 cervical checks. One was with my OB's partner when my normal doc was on vacation, and the other was when I thought I was having contractions at my request. My OB doesn't typically do them otherwise. Both times I was only 1 cm dilated.

Good luck hopefulfor1st!!! :hugs:

I think my doctor might start cerivcal checks this week at my 37 weeks appointment? But not sure.

My OB started at my 36 week appointment, where I was still 4cm from my labor scare. This week's appointment saw a whopping .5cm change lol! I am happy that they do it at my office, because I am the type that needs to know what my body is doing or I will stress hardcore. It's kind of a catch 22, though, because now I keep wondering if I'm still progressing or if I am really experiencing the SLOWEST labor ever! Either way, I think I would go crazy just because it's so close to show time.

My OB is really gentle, so I don't mind the checks too much. Hospital docs, on the other hand...OUCH!

Good luck hopeful!!!

My doctor does cervical checks weekly from 36 weeks, so I had one last Wednesday and will have one today - woohoo full term! Been having BH contractions (with 3-4 real ones thrown in for good measure) every 12-15 minutes for about 18 hours now. They're really light, though (except for the real ones!) so I was able to sleep through them just fine, but I woke up more tired that I'd expect with a full 8 hours of sleep. My body may have kept contracting while I was asleep.

Salu - you can certainly ask your doctor, but it's really hard for them to tell...and honestly it's a 50/50 shot. You can't predict any of it...I think I mentioned before that I had a friend who could have gone "any day now" because she was 4cm dilated from 35 weeks. And her body didn't budge until 41 weeks. I know being a first-time mom you're anxious and nervous, but honestly - if you get a "soon!" answer, it might get your hopes up and be completely wrong. Or, you might get told you'll definitely go past term, and have your water break tonight. Unless you're having a c-section or being induced on a certain date, there's really no way to tell. Please understand I'm not trying to rude or mean here...just trying to share some of my experience so you don't end up being surprised or disappointed. Of course, the doc might be right on too, so who am I to talk???

Salu - you can certainly ask your doctor, but it's really hard for them to tell...and honestly it's a 50/50 shot. You can't predict any of it...I think I mentioned before that I had a friend who could have gone "any day now" because she was 4cm dilated from 35 weeks. And her body didn't budge until 41 weeks.

Noooooo that's what they keep telling me!! :dohh: I don't think I could handle being overdue at this point lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->