November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Salu - you can certainly ask your doctor, but it's really hard for them to tell...and honestly it's a 50/50 shot. You can't predict any of it...I think I mentioned before that I had a friend who could have gone "any day now" because she was 4cm dilated from 35 weeks. And her body didn't budge until 41 weeks.

Noooooo that's what they keep telling me!! :dohh: I don't think I could handle being overdue at this point lol

My cousin walked around 3.5 cm dilated with her son from 36 weeks on. She didn't end up going into labor until she was 41 weeks preg and they had to induce her! She's currently walking around almost 4 cm dilated at 38 weeks with her second, but not getting her hopes up too much due to her first experience. Conversely, my good friend gave birth to her son at 38 weeks. She had an OB appointment a few days prior and wasn't dilated at all (maybe 1 cm if that). She thought for sure she was going to be overdue and freaked when labor caught her off guard a couple weeks early.

Yeah they don't bother with cervical checks in the uk unless they think you are in labour, sweeps or there is another medical reason. I'd be gutted to walk around for weeks at 3cm or be told at 41 weeks there's no dilation.

I worried so much about F not being my only child anymore and I must admit I miss her terribly. I adore Keir and being a mum of two is great, but I do miss her being my baby and I hate that she has suddenly gone so grown up.
But then don't listen to me, I'm going through the day 5 weepies!!

At least I know if I don't have my little guy by his due date, I'm scheduled induction by dec 1...so only one week overdue is how far they'll let me go..

Good luck Hopeful!

Layla- hopefully you'll have your LO before the scheduled induction

Hugs to all those dealing with second child worries. I came from a big family and have a large family of my own so I don't have any sage advice to offer.

Oh no don't worry at all ! It's my mom that keeps telling me to ask the doctor about how big he thinks she might be. My mom's been very into everything as this is her first grandchild. It has been getting quite annoying ! I'd rather not get my hopes up and the have her come later than what was predicted !

Oh no don't worry at all ! It's my mom that keeps telling me to ask the doctor about how big he thinks she might be. My mom's been very into everything as this is her first grandchild. It has been getting quite annoying ! I'd rather not get my hopes up and the have her come later than what was predicted !

I keep getting asked the same question from my mom after every appointment and yesterday I was like "mom, they haven't looked up there, they don't know."

My in-laws are big planners and keep trying to figure out when they should come down. I had to explain to them this weekend that Reese does not, as far as I am aware, have a calendar in the womb, so she really doesn't have any input right now as to when they should plan their trip. LOL.

Contractions still consistent every 15 minutes or so. Interesting.

Yay, my body is doing something! Doc said I'm about 20% effaced. It's not much but she said she can tell a definite difference from my last visit, so these contractions are doing something. Big deal for me, considering with my first pregnancy my cervix did absolutely nothing...no dilation, no effacement - nothing. My next goal is to get baby to drop...so lots of walks (ugh, PGP) and bouncing on my exercise ball. She did say if she could get to my cervix, she would start doing sweeps at 39 weeks.

C-section is otherwise scheduled for Monday, Nov 24th at noon. So regardless, less than 4 weeks! Yay!

So I'm positive for group B Strep :( which means I'll be on IV during labour. When I messaged OH and told him he was a bit concerned but fine after I told him me being on and IV will make it so it doesn't harm the baby.
Asked him about the discharge I had Monday night and he said it didn't sound like it could be part of my mucus plug. He did say my bump was getting bigger though.
My OB is off all next week so I have to go to the other one in the office. Hopefully she's nice, lol. Don't like dealing with other doctors that aren't my own.

So I'm positive for group B Strep :( which means I'll be on IV during labour. When I messaged OH and told him he was a bit concerned but fine after I told him me being on and IV will make it so it doesn't harm the baby.
Asked him about the discharge I had Monday night and he said it didn't sound like it could be part of my mucus plug. He did say my bump was getting bigger though.
My OB is off all next week so I have to go to the other one in the office. Hopefully she's nice, lol. Don't like dealing with other doctors that aren't my own.

I have group B strep too. I wonder what causes that? I don't remember having in either of my previous pregnancies.

I was just about to ask you ladies had you been screened for Strep B yet. The test sucked! Where I go to the doctor they tested both front and back. :( I haven't heard anything back from them today...I don't know how long it takes to get results.

And I was also checked for progress and I'm not dilated at all and my doctor is very happy about that. lol! I do not want to go early. I want her to bake as long as she wants to. :)

Ya its front and back here too - but it was just with a cotton swab so didn't really feel like much.

My doctor said that you could have it with one pregnancy and not with another so I guess its just luck of the draw.

Did they call you with results or did you have to wait until your next appointment?

That's what I was afraid of...I like the no news is good news thing but I was thinking they will tell me next week. :( My mom had it with her last two...wonder if that makes a difference?

That's what I was afraid of...I like the no news is good news thing but I was thinking they will tell me next week. :( My mom had it with her last two...wonder if that makes a difference?

I don't think it makes a difference. Back in the 80s when my mom was pregnant with me and my sisters they didn't even do the rest. And my doc said that I could be negative with my next pregnancy. I guess it all depends. As long as the hospital knows you're all good !

Cute pic BTW :)

I tested positive for GBS my last pregnancy and negative with this one. Everyone has a small amount on their skin normally, the test shows whether or not it has colonized/overgrown. Although it stinks that you have to have IV antibiotics and stay a little longer after baby is born it really isn't a huge deal but prevents your LO from becoming potentially very ill.

Mwel-that IS a cute pic!

Yeah I had to wait for next appt to get Group B strep results. I got them back yesterday and was negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->