Now that its getting colder

Nats21

Reaction score
Where are you getting your winter coats from? I'm not sure whether to get a maternity one or just a larger coat to go over bump. I didnt have this problem last time when pregnant with callum as I was only 12 weeks come christmas, help! Xx

This is a great question.. I recently bought a "fall jacket". That will last me another month.. Where I live there is basically no selection for maternity clothing.. No maternity stores. There are maybe 2 stores in town, that have a TINY selection. So I am probably just going to buy a bigger coat.. I have no idea though.

I've been looking for a winter coat but I begrudge paying £40-£50 for a decent coat which won't fit next winter!

I brought one from primark :haha:
I don't really wanna pay loads for something I wont wear after I have the baby :flower:

I had to buy a new coat this year and just got a loose size, still wearable after. I also have a swing style boat which will be fine. Tbh last time i just layered as felt hot anyway, vest, top, jumper, fleece then coat not done up

I bought a winter coat last week - had to get the size up then I would normally, to allow for the big bump in winter, but it also has drawer string to help make it tighter when I don't have a bump. A lot of money to waste, but it's getting chilly now, so I plan to wear it from today until after baby is born :)

Oooh...sorry. I bought my from M&S (wouldn't normally but my Mother In Law gave me vouchers). It's not a maternity coat, which is why I bought size up :)

I bought a size up from asda. It's not amazing but it's black has a draw string and isn't offensive. It was 25 quid and can be my dog walking coat next year.

I had a swing coat when I was pregnant with Kate. (She was also a January baby). The flared bit accommodated my bump well.

I'm getting mine from eBay! found a beautiful one i'm bidding on that ends on Monday (i won't tell you which one as I don't want you to win it :haha:)

I've been getting the majority of my maternity stuff from eBay tbh, as long as it's not come from a smoking home and it's clean - I don't care!

I spent 25 pounds in primark on a winter parker coat and it has the draw strings to highlight my bump and is cosey comfy :) ill use it as a spare coat next winter as the parker coats are meant to look big anywaysss! xx

I've got a collection of coats...oops! and yes I have added to my collection this year :) I brought a standard one and not maternity I just made sure it had plenty of space for bump! Or get a size bigger? If worst comes to the worst I'll probably wear my coats open and wear a massive chunky scarf to keep me warm :) I'm hoping I'll squeeze into them for a bit longer yet haha. X

I got mine from asos. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I am planning on selling it on eBay next winter, they sell well :)

I don't really remember wearing my coat much when I was pregnant with my son. I always wear a vest (even in summer) under all my tops, which always keeps me nice and warm. And I'd usually just wear a longsleeve top and put a fleece jumper on top as my coat.
And if I didn't wear that I think I wore my coat and just had it open.... Then again my bump wasn't that big so I was ok most of the time.

Not sure what I'll do this time as I'm living down by the south coast now (whereas before I lived in London) and it gets pretty windy and cold down here!!! So I'll just have to wait and see I guess!!

I was planning on using my coat and wrapping up with a thick scarf and jumper underneath. :thumbup:

My mum just bought me an early birthday present of a new coat from M&S. I am in love love love with it and it is very roomy so should do me for a long time. I just went a size up. I am so pleased as I thought I would have to wear a horrible big coat just to keep warm :/

It's this one <3 https://www.marksandspencer.com/Per...=sr_1_8&nodeId=43109030&sr=1-8&qid=1381578880

I spent 25 pounds in primark on a winter parker coat and it has the draw strings to highlight my bump and is cosey comfy :) ill use it as a spare coat next winter as the parker coats are meant to look big anywaysss! xx

I think I've got the same (or a similar) one. I like it because I can use the draw strings now and then once bump gets bigger I can wear it loose :) x

I think I've got the same (or a similar) one. I like it because I can use the draw strings now and then once bump gets bigger I can wear it loose :) x

Haha I got mine from primark too x

Thanks girls, some great ideas, will have a look around, I like the idea of getting it from primark so will have a look, hoping it'll be a bit cheaper! Thanks girls xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->