now that you know..

- Pack my hospital bag earlier :haha:
- Co-sleep earlier
- Use cloth nappies from birth
- Drink more water during labour
- Enjoy being pregnant more

Hand visitors a mop and broom and expect my house to be cleaned by them as payment if they want any entertainment from me in those first few weeks!

Hold the baby... wash the kitchen

Cuddle the baby... do my laundry

Walk the baby around the block... oh that'll cost you - do the dishes AND the laundry

LOL I like your thinking :winkwink:

So if MIL wants baby overnight that is 3 months of her cleaning my bathroom thanks very much!

I would keep an eye our for the next one having a lactose intolerance, 3 months was way to long for LO to suffer waiting around for docs to realise that's what was wrong. TBH I don't really think I would change much apart from not taking others opinions about my parenting to heart as much, some people go out of their way to put you down I've found.

I'm pretty much ok with everything.

I'd try not to put so much weight on in pregnancy (50lbs :eeek:)

I'd persevere with a bottle more so someone other than myself could feed her occasionally

I'd buy a swing!

i will express BF. i had all problems that could be with BF for 4months. even that i couldnt use ANY pump. in the beginning i pumped due to latch on problems. after that, after week 8, i just wasnt able to pump from whatever pump. tried everything, even hospital pump quiet was having nightmares of pumps. left breast always got engorged coz LO only liked it some times. so next time i will just pump. and being able to pump would have solved the other BF problems.

I wouldn't buy a moses basket this time, waste of money when he was only in it for about 10 weeks.

Buy more newborn clothes, we hardly had any as we were told he'd be 8lbs from the growth scans, only for him to come out a tiny 5lb 13oz so OH and his mom had to run out and get lots of newborn outfits :wacko:

We started the routine at 7 weeks old and i'd probably aim to start it from this time again for the next one

When I'm pregnant next I'd enjoy it more and worry less (well, try to). I'd not eat like a horse thinking I can get away with it - my bump may have gone but the damage of all that eating is plain to see allll over my body!

With baby:

-NO visitors for the first week.
-Not beat myself up over breastfeeding, and if I FF - use Avent bottles from the start, hate TT bottles.
-Not go mad on clothes because they outgrow them in no time. Use a lot of Harrison's unisex small clothes.
-Swaddle and use white noise from the start (and a dummy if needs be) so we can get more than half an hours sleep at a time.
-Not fall into the trap of thinking I NEED all these gadgets and things I see.
-Use our swing from birth - didn't get it til H was 4 months and it has become a godsend.
-Sleep when someone takes him for me - not use it to come on here or FB :haha:

xx

I would bring less in my hospital bag - I barely used any of it the first time!

I would go with the flow - and not stress out - even w/ all the monitoring & being induced early. (which I assume will happen again next time - but I'll worry less about it.)

I will swaddle from day 1 & get more sleep!

I wont beat myself up about not being able to breastfeed - so going to formula feed from the start.

I will listen to my own gut vs. all the advice from everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->