• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

NTNP #2, any buddies?

I ended up forgetting to test with the move, so I still don't know. I've got the test now so maybe I'll do it tomorrow if I remember. I'm on CD53 but I don't think I've ovulated, so mostly it would just be a token thing to confirm that and get on with my life. Will be cutting out sugar starting next week and I'm hoping that makes a difference with my hormones (it seemed to last cycle).

Anyway, I'll update when I test and/or when AF comes. We've been busy with the move, and then landed in the ER last night when our son had a febrile seizure. This weekend we've got a wedding and then Monday his first birthday party, so honestly I'm too busy to think about it much until after that.

My fingers are crossed for you nevernormal that everything works out fine.

Hope it works out for you nevernormal!

Although I'm almost certain I'm not pregnant I'm going to test tomorrow morning so I can be 100% certain before I start the new insurance policy. Then we have be careful til at least the end of June because the birth will only be covered from the end of March next year. So here's to hoping July or August will be our month. Throws my plans for three months maternity leave and 2 months summer holidays out the window but it beats going through a Chinese birth experience again!

Although I'm almost certain I'm not pregnant I'm going to test tomorrow morning so I can be 100% certain before I start the new insurance policy. Then we have be careful til at least the end of June because the birth will only be covered from the end of March next year. So here's to hoping July or August will be our month. Throws my plans for three months maternity leave and 2 months summer holidays out the window but it beats going through a Chinese birth experience again!

Chinese birth experience? I'm a bit curious (I live in Australia and I had everything covered my Medicare)

Chinese birth experience? I'm a bit curious (I live in Australia and I had everything covered my Medicare)

I could write a really long passage about what that actually means but basically:
I live in China and had my dd at a typical Chinese hospital, no VIP wing or anything. (in other words, basically no English)
- women in China give birth in a communal delivery room. In my case there were four beds and I watched four other women give birth before I had my turn. And another woman started pushing shortly after I did
- episiotomy is standard practice as soon as you reach 10cm. I resisted for just over an hour but was just too tired to push her out without getting one.
- you are not allowed to have anyone in there with you. Because I am a foreigner and the first one to have a baby in that hospital they eventually allowed my mom to come in to me. But they won't allow any men under any circumstances. (my mom, who is a nurse and trained midwife, had to leave the room every time someone was checked for dilation or was giving birth!!)
- there is absolutely no option for pain relief. No gas and air, pethadine, epidural, nothing! I begged and begged because I stalled at 3cm and had a very long labour.
- the hospital doesn't provide anything (other than medicine) for you or the baby, including food. Your family must provide that.
- You are expected to stay in hospital for at least three nights. I ended up with four because my daughter was in the NICU for the first three
- anyone can stay in your room with you. I had a private room with my bed, a couch and two chairs that converted into bed like things. Two nights both dh and mom stayed and the other two just dh stayed.
- its very cheap. My entire birth, my daughter's NICU stay and the medicine she had to take came to AU$1500. The rest of my prenatal things came to maybe AU$500 but could be less.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity but if not please ask away!

No I wouldn't like that either. Hopefully you won't have to do that again. That sounds crazy to me!

Wow beanonorder (lol maybe I'll start shortening that to bean or boo...haha) that sounds crazy! Interesting but crazy for sure.

I ovulated yesterday and we timed it perfectly so here we go! I don't expect anything for months but it would be nice to have it happen quickly.

We aren't ntnp anymore but we are doing more of a relaxed ttc. Doing my best not to stress esp during the tww!

I could ...
I hope that satisfies your curiosity but if not please ask away!

Oh wow, I thought it was slang for something. If I had known that was the case I wouldn't have pried where it isn't my business to pry. Thank you so much for answering my question honestly, that is such a huge cultural difference. I had a small bit of awareness of the situation but could never imagine it :flow:

My kind thoughts are with you that you get a better birth experience for your next child.

I ovulated ... during the tww!

I found that taking up a new hobby while TTC really helps to make the TWW go by a bit faster. I've taken up temping BBT and Magic the Gathering. If I didn't I would be poas twice a day :blush:

My fingers are crossed that you get your bfp this month :flower:

I take my bbt! I wish I had a good hobby but besides reading I really don't! I can do that at night but not during the day lol I'm too busy chasing A!

& thank you! That would be amazing!!!

Bear don't worry I didn't take that as prying! I'm quite happy to talk about my experience. There are not many non-Chinese women who have been through it so I know its interesting for others to hear about it. And it puts a lot of peoples experiences into perspective!

Sweetmere good luck! I hope this is your month! I wish I was in the same boat but waiting until at least July is going to be in our best interests, so wait we will!

Although dh has told me I'm not allowed to get uptight and pressure him about this, if I haven't fallen pregnant by December I think I'm going to start temping. My dd will be two then and I really don't want the age gap to be bigger than three years.

Once again, thank you. It definitely helps give perspective.

My husband is similar, he sees NTNP as he gets to pick when we do it instead of the schedule had when TTC Bear. He doesn't care if I temp or chart, he understands that I need to know if I'm ovulating.

I take it vaginally!

Thanks I hope it's the month too! My prolactin level was high because of my hypothyroidism before but it's lower now since I'm medicated so hopefully that helps too!

Hey all, would love to join you here. We are waiting to actively start TTC #2 until February or March 2015 but are currently NTNP. I am secretly hoping to fall pregnant before we start trying but we'll see what happens. Still no AF yet anyway, which makes it difficult to TTC anyway :haha: Looking forward to chatting with you all!

For those ladies who do chart temps, what brand of thermometer do you use? No where in town sells thermometres like that. All of them in town are either forhead, ear or dummy themometres. The few digital themometres I have found, the pharmists couldn't tell me if it was good enough for ovulation tracking D:

Welcome Mrs. Eddie! I hope you have a successful journey.

Sorry I can't help Bear! I've never temped. I hope it doesn't get to the point where I need to! It sounds like a lot of work!!!

When I first started temping I just used a regular digital thermometer that went out to a tenth of a degree (so 98.6). Eventually I got a bbt that went out to .01 (so 98.62, for example), but I never had a lot of issues with the regular one. I think it just depends on how consistent you can really be with it. Now, with a baby that still wakes me in the night, I think I'd definitely want the more accurate once since I can be as consistent myself!

BTW, still haven't tested. Every night I tell myself I'll do it in the morning, then I forget. I guess I don't really think I'm pregnant anyway so I can't be bothered. CD58 here.

Thank you NN. I'm going to switch it over to Fahrenheit for tomorrow's test and just keep practicing with it. My first few temps were 35.5 (95.9) and 35.6 (96.08) which is a bit low for a human

Welcome Eddie. Hope things happen quickly for you. I have an underactive thyroid and have been on meds for a few years. It took us two years to conceive #1, and just a month for this one, so good luck!

Bean when I tempted I used a regular thermometer and then switched to a bbt as well. Never had issues with the regular one, just became more obsessed with ttc is all, lol. So I think you'll be ok either way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"