NTNP #2, anybody else too?

yellowbell

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hello!

It's been a while since I last logged in here. Our little miracle is now 1 year old. Hubby and I have decided that we can start trying for # 2. But I don't know how it's gonna happen, as we are almost zero on intimacy since I gave birth. There's just really no urge from me, too tired, and with boobs leaking with milk (am still breastfeeding), I feel far far from being sexy :cry:
That's why we're just NTNP.
I don't really know how this will work out, as with our first it took us 2 years to conceive naturally which was a big surprise to us since we already had failed IVF and we were told our chance for natural conception was very low. Well, that's the miracle of life.

Anybody else NTNP # 2? What made you decide to NTNP?

Hello...

Congrats on the little miracle though that is fab!

I am too ntnp #2! My little girl is 5 tomorrow...
Im not tracking anything just seeing what happens...

x

Hi I'm NTNP'ing for number 2. My son's 17mths now and it took us 5 and a bit months to conceive him.

We're NTNP'ing because we conceived our son on a 'freebie go' when we were having a month off from trying. Also with a toddler (who is only just sort of sttn and a husband who is a sports coach in the evenings, bd chances are limited! I'm on cycle no.2.

:hi:

We're also NTNP #2

TTC was stressful 1st time, , NTNP is stess free for us :) My little boy is 4 tomorrow, we started NTNP 2 months back

We're TTC number 2 as well. Although between all the colds I keep getting and being tired from getting up with LO at night I'm not sure how it's going to happen.

My hubby & I are NTNP. We've been married for 7m now, and we have a 7yo DS (biologically mine not DH) & we would like to have our own, as well as our DS keeps asking when he's going to have a brother or sister now that we 3 are a family :) So its time! BUT... I am terrified of "officially" trying since I got pregnant with my DS when I was 21 on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo which was a total surprise & BLESSING but never tracked anything, or "tried" ... After having him I had an Mirena IUD for 7 years :/ Had it taken out 3 weeks ago...still no sign or symptoms of my period. We havent used any protection since our honeymoon in April (except IUD of course), but this past week was the first time we have DTD without the IUD. My OB said I didn't have to wait to start my cycle and was still possible for us to get pregnant.
This maybe, what I am afraid of... is a long journey ahead of us. Just scared now married, ready to TTC that is not going to happen. :/ I'm sure all women go thru this my story is just a lot more complicated. Until BFP we're are just having fun NTNP.

Best of luck to you ladies! Hope we can all keep in touch thru this CRAZY time in our lives <3

We are :-D

We want a small age gap between our children but we're not set on it so decided to just casually TTC.

hello ladies! was nice to read your replies. sorry i only got to log in now cause i just came back from a short holiday with hubby and bub in a nice island. ahhh so nice.
guess what, we DTD twice last week! I initiated the first one as just to maybe take a chance since I might be ovulating (still can't accurately calculate it since my period just resumed two months ago since i got pregnant last year). The second DTD I'm surprised that hubby initiated. It's been a while since he initiated so I guess he's really into having #2 or perhaps just catching up from being deprived for a long time LOL

How's it going with you? hope you're all having a good week

Vacations are always great time to DTD a lot less stress and a lot more fun! Maybe you'll get a BFP soon!! My DH & I are unofficially trying. Just having fun and enjoying the BD for now. Just reading about others tracking stresses me out! I feel kinda icky today like AF is coming soon :( I guess there is always next month. Now to just wait & see. ::SIGH::

True, really stressful to track. I remember I used to do that with TTC #1,
as OmarsMum said, TTC the first time was stressful!

At least now with TTC #2, it's much more relaxed. I do believe that it will happen when you are most relaxed as I got pregnant last time when we actually "let go" and tried to live life again.

I find it a little exciting NTNP # 2 as so far we do not really have any target time, although clock is still ticking for me, I'm already 34 so I don't really have much luxury of time LOL :blush:

I actually miss being pregnant, I loved being pregnant even if it was not uneventful for me (morning sickness, hospitalized because almost passed out, gestational diebetis, preterm contractions, whew!)

Did you enjoy your first pregnancy?

Your so young to have gestational diabetes. I'll be 30 in March even tho I have a few more years left of "luxury time" turning the BIG 3-0 and TTC scares me. IDK why... I guess b/c my son was such a shock & surprise I found out at 22 WEEKS! I MISSED 1/2 my pregnancy!!!! But the 1/2 I knew about.... I loved! No morning sickness...obviously No problems what so ever, he was born at 37 weeks. Had to loose about 20lbs after having him which honestly was THE WORST part of it all.
I am so ready to be pregnant too. I really can't wait to do it all "right" this time. I had my son at 22, his father left a few months after he was born. Its ok though we were much better off, he acted like we were both obligations, my family was wonderful to step in and help. Just married in April and ready to experience it from the beginning with my DH. MY DS now 7 is asking for a brother or sister and there is nothing more I'd love to be able to surprise both of them with the news. Christmas would be such a magical time to share with the family, but looks like thats not going to be a possibility. I've felt really achy, and crampy all day today. I think AF might be coming real soon :(

I enjoyed my first pregnancy too. Although I had morning sickness, hyperemisis, acid reflux. Can't wait to go through it again.

Yellowbell- I'm 35 :)

I hated my pregnancy, & I had a traumatic EMCS, so I don't really know how I feel about the whole thing, I think it's the right time for us to have a second kid, I want another one but I'm not so looking forward to pregnancy & giving birth:blush:

JustUsRoyal3 - i felt scared to when I was about to turn 30, cause I felt old but you know what, it doesn't really feel different after that, it's just a new age group :)
oh the gestational diabetes, it's a temporary diabetes that is due to the pregnancy and quite common. I was borderline so my doctor wasn't that worried but I still did go on a diebetic diet just to be sure.
Awww i feel for you about missing out on almost half of your 1st pregnancy. But yes, this time you'll know it right from the start ;)

Button, felt so great being pregnant wasn't it? I felt so special and beautiful :)

OmarsMum - high five for our age group! lol :) awww sorry to hear that you had a traumatic pregnancy, maybe this time it would go smoothly and you'll enjoy it, let's think positive ;)

i feel bloated and crampy so i thnk af is coming soon for me.

There are 8 yrs b/t me and my sister and 12 b/t me and my brother. I can remember my mom being pregnant with both of them & she had gestational diabetes. She had to prick her finger like 5x a day. She HAD to follow a strict diet, I think she was 32 & 36. I hope thats something I don't have to worry about. Good to hear you were aware but nothing you had to stress about. :)

Yeh I guess I'm socially in a weird age group... DH & I dont have many mutual couple friends we can discuss like TTC and other issues with. He's 25 (yes I robbed the cradle lol) & my friends are either just married or no plans to have kids anytime soon. His friends aren't even in the settling down stages yet. Friends of ours that have children my son's age are like 10-15 yrs older than us, we look up to them and I'm sure we could talk to them about it but its not the same as talking to friends your own age thats going thru it themselves. Thats why I am so thankful for boards like these where we can all come together for support. Its just tough ya know :/

Had AF today, well at least I'm having regular AFs , I suffer from PCOS & I was on the Pill, when I went off the Pill in August I was 2 weeks late the next cycle! I had 2 regular cycles since then, when I conceived Omar my periods were all over the place, & I endedoup with 2 chemicals before conceiving

Hello

My LO will be 23 months soon and I'm looking forward to having another, feel now is the right time and I don't want no more than a 3 year age gap if all goes to plan, thing is I don't think I will conceive as quick as last time (month & a bit) due to getting depo last year.

That one shot has ruined me and I got it this time last year, periods returned August and have had 3 periods since, really upsetting but I'm just trying to be patient and not let it get go me :(

My mother told me she had a dream I had another little boy who was the spitting image of my son :)

Omarsmum- I'm sorry. What an evil witchy poo. Good news is in 2 weeks you can start fresh and hopefully get some good new soon!

Babyjan- YAE maybe its a premonition & you'll get your BFP soon too!!

I havent had AF in 7yrs due to a IUD that I had taken out 3 weeks ago. Still nothing today either. Felt more crampy, headaches, and icky today. Ugh I just wish it would come already so I can start tracking. Just got Preseed, OPK, & BBT in the mail.

OmarsMum - aww sorry to hear the witch got you :( Must be difficult to experience 2 chemicals *hugs* But Omar is here and that's all that matters now, right ? :) My period is still not stable too, when it resumed a few months ago, it skipped a month then came back.

babyjan
- hello there! :) oh wow, that was indeed quick to conceive the first time. Hormones are really a mystery. Yes, let's just be patient and just enjoy the NTNP. Your mom's dream might be a premonition! My mother dreamt of children too when my sisters and I conceived, strange coincidence but I think maybe there is some kind of mystical connection.

JustUsRoyal3 - ahh the pricking, I did that too, not fun at all :( Hopefully you won't get GD, just get tested when the time comes. oh wow no period for 7 years?! Didn't know it would be like that, must be so convenient not having that monthly ickyness lol. Me and my two sisters are just one year apart, a result of my parents trying for a boy and after 3 girls, my mother had IUD and then after 7 years and praying hard they took a chance, removed it and voila, our brother was conceived! So hey maybe 7 is the magic number! ;)

Yeah, I love BnB for having lovely and supportive people. I'm member of some parent groups in facebook groups here in my area but I find that it is easier to make friends here in BnB because the people here are warm and friendly. Wish we live close by, would looove to have coffee/wine or lunch with you lovely ladies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->