NTNP Chat Thread

No, you can't lose your PMA now - just one (or two) days til testing!!!

It's really hard trying to do my work when i'm totally addicted to BnB! :haha:

Thanks magpies! I think I need your protection against Huggles, she is tempting me with testing tomorrow morning, tomorrow evening, Sunday morning and Sunday evening as I have so many tests!! Help *hides behind magpies' willpower force-field*

And you hold onto that PMA missy or there'll be trouble :trouble:

xxx

Haha...

Test saturday morning if you have so many, then if BFN test sunday?

I wont be testing till sunday.

I just feel like crying today girls, I dunno why, just feel really down and upset and feel I am out out out.

It will be a BFN on sunday so I dont know why I am bothering.

All my symptoms have disappeared!

xxxx

Don't be disheartened :hugs: You don't know what it will be until you test so just hold out til then....and even then it's not over til the witch arrives. I know it's hard hun, I was feeling just like you a few days ago but I am now grasping at any little thing (like my temp rising even though I am sure it will be a fluke!!) to keep me hoping until I test. Chin up :hugs: :flow:

xxx

Don't be disheartened yet 4magpies, I had all my AF symptoms, and got a BFP, stay positive lady. xxx

I think the loss of PMA is our way of protecting ourselves against possible disappointment. But rather try and focus on the fun and excitement and IF it is a bfn then just remember there's always next month! Chin up ladies :D

Thanks magpies! I think I need your protection against Huggles, she is tempting me with testing tomorrow morning, tomorrow evening, Sunday morning and Sunday evening as I have so many tests!! Help *hides behind magpies' willpower force-field*
xxx

:trouble: :rofl:

On NHS I'm not allowed a scan until 12 weeks, but I really want one to put my mind and rest, so is it silly to book and pay for one at 7 weeks? I have had a google and it seems you wont see much before then, but ideally I want one now!! :D xx

Not silly at all! I had my first one at 8 weekd (although measurements said 7 weeks) - you can definitely see a heartbeat. Baby just looks like a blob though but a very reassuring blob with a fluttering heartbeat :D

I am going to demand a scan and if not will pay for one at 7/8 weeks just to put my mind at rest from previous experience.

Thats why I have lost my PMA huggles, dont want to build myself up to be knocked down, and there is always that I ovulated from my bad side this month and hopefully it will be my good next month.

xxx

Not silly at all! I had my first one at 8 weekd (although measurements said 7 weeks) - you can definitely see a heartbeat. Baby just looks like a blob though but a very reassuring blob with a fluttering heartbeat :D
I have rung and they can fit me in on 2nd October. :happydance: xx

I have no idea what the ante natal care is like here but when I was pg with Felix we had ONE scan at 16 weeks and THAT WAS IT. AND they had a policy of not disclosing the sex (even though I didn't want to know that time) because of the high ethnic diversity and the problems they had with people of certain backgrounds aborting girls just because they were girls! And I was only in Portsmouth!!

xxx

I am going to demand a scan and if not will pay for one at 7/8 weeks just to put my mind at rest from previous experience.

Thats why I have lost my PMA huggles, dont want to build myself up to be knocked down, and there is always that I ovulated from my bad side this month and hopefully it will be my good next month.

xxx

Now THAT's more like it! :thumbup:

But i know what you mean about not wanting to be disappointed. Even though i know there's like less than 1% that I am pregnant (DH pulled out) I can't help but have an inkling of a wonder and hope.

Yay Jen, that's awesome!! Can I ask how much it's costing you? I really want to have a 'reassurance' scan if possible (unless the care here is really great and I get one anyway) and definitely a 3D one later on

xxx

I have no idea what the ante natal care is like here but when I was pg with Felix we had ONE scan at 16 weeks and THAT WAS IT. AND they had a policy of not disclosing the sex (even though I didn't want to know that time) because of the high ethnic diversity and the problems they had with people of certain backgrounds aborting girls just because they were girls! And I was only in Portsmouth!!

xxx

Geez, that's hectic! Here most doctor's scan at every appointment, so i had my first scan at 8 weeks, then another at 11 weeks, the 13 week FA scan, another normal one at 17/18 weeks, the 22 week FA scan and then normal doctor one at 23 weeks!

Next time though he said i would have even more appointments due to having to get the stitch etc, so i will have even more scans next time!

xxx

How awful! Seems really odd to only have one scan - I thought there were at least 3 or 4 you had to have? (I am a total noob as this as you can tell!)

Hope everyone is well this morning :thumbup:

Nat - I think they just lumped all the scans in to one, so I got a growth check, a nuchal translucency test and bloods etc all done at once. The MW had been round to my house and done a heartbeat check at 8 weeks and at every MW appointment after that but just the one scan, unless there was cause for concern. I am hoping that it will be better round here (as I'm in the Home Counties now, darling) and I'll get a dating scan, a growth scan, a nuchal scan and my paid for 3D but not holding out much hope!!!

xxx

I will hopefully have 5;

One at 7/8 weeks,
NHS @ 12 weeks
sexing private @ 16 weeks,
NHS @ 20 weeks.
private 3D @ 30+ weeks.

OH really wants a 3D one and I really want an early gender one so its win win!

xxx

I don't think you could ever have too many - we'd all be getting scans weekly if we could, I'm sure :haha:

I'm still deliberating over gender. I'd really like to be team yellow, but I don't know if I could hold out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->