NTNP Chat Thread

I'd like to be team yellow but I think I will find out. It's a surprise whenever you find out really! OH doesn't mind but will see what he says when it comes to it!!

xxx

Yay, lunch time! pizza time! Time to make the office reek of garlic! :haha:
And best of all - time to catch up on BnB!!!

We're no good at waiting to find out the sex so with Jarrod we were lucky enough to get a sneak peak as early as 13 weeks at the FA scan (nuchal translucency scan).

Next time i'm pretty sure we'd check again. My rule of thumb though is that if they say it's a boy it is a boy, but if they say it's a girl there's still a chance it's a boy so don't buy too much pink too soon.

lol good rule Huggles!! When I was pg with Felix I just *knew* all the way through that he was a boy so it wasn't much surprise really!! Would quite like a girl this time but not fussed!

xxx

I also "knew" Jarrod was a boy! My gynae does this fun little maths thing to predict the gender (just for fun) and he reckoned it was a girl. I asked him what his success rating with the equation was and he said only about 60% so far. So i said "oh, ok, cos i think i'm having a boy" - that was at 8 weeks. So he wrote that down too and said that i probably was having a boy then cos mother's intuition is correct 80% of the time! When we went for our 13 week FA scan i told DH that if they said it's a girl we mustn't take it as too definite, but if they said it's a boy then it definitely is. The whole scan the cord was between his legs and htey couldn't see. Then just at the end of the scan, as she was about to give up she suddenly got all excited and said she'd caught a glimpse. She said she was 95% certain it was a boy. Later scans confirmed that and at our 22 week FA scan we got a very very clear view - both in 2D and 3D ! Then when he was born it was confirmed for sure.

Weird though how we just "know" what the gender is.

i have no idea what i want next time. I keep thinking about it and trying to decide if i want a girl next time or another boy. But just can't decide so i reckon we'll be happy whatever it is, just so long as we get to keep it.

OMG!!!!!
Had eggs for breakfast and afterwards I could smell a really horrible smell, but assumed it was the after smell of the eggs, so opened some more windows to try and get rid of it, but it seemed to get worse, and smelt of poo, so shut the windows again as I thought it was probably the horses in the field next door. But it still got worse and then remembered the bedroom windows were open so went to shut them, and when I got there the windows inside and out, the windowsil, the curtains, the wall and everything surrounding the window was covered in black/purple bird poo, I just wanted to cry!! On went my rubber gloves and I had to started scrubbing everything, and ugh it was so stubborn to get off, and I can't reach all of the window surround outside, and the whole place still stinks. :( I am now officially a hater of birds!! Have thrown the curtains outside and don't really know what to do with them, as don't really want to wash them, but I don't want to buy new ones either. Have now showered and calmed down a little but, but still.... :( xx

LoL - sorry, shouldn't be laughing, but it just all sounds so funny! :haha:
But here's some :hugs: to keep you calm :)

OMG Jen!! What the hell sort of birds do you have by your house?? Sounds like they have been eating some sort of berries (maybe blackberries?). Poor you :hugs: You could try washing the curtains on a REALLY hot wash? Or getting them dry cleaned?

xxx

If it was anyone telling the story, I'd laugh!! :p
The whole window was covered, I have no idea how it poo'd so much!!

I can't find a window cleaner to come and finish the job either, I need a ladder!xx

OMG Jen!! What the hell sort of birds do you have by your house?? Sounds like they have been eating some sort of berries (maybe blackberries?). Poor you :hugs: You could try washing the curtains on a REALLY hot wash? Or getting them dry cleaned?

xxx

Washing the curtains really hot will shrink them! You could chuck a teaspoon of bicarb in the machine with them tho and some vinegar in the softener draw - helps disinfect.

depends what material they are?

Bicarb and vinegar is a good idea though...and cleans the washing machine too!

xxx

The are just cotton, nothing special. :)
Yuck, the smell is disappeaing a little bit now, just flapping now that it was dangerous to have cleaned it up for the beanie, although I wore gloves, have had a shower etc. :( x

I washed 100% cotton (bull denim) curtains on a 40 degree wash according to the label and they shrank almost 30cm!!!!! I returned them (it was 10 months after i bought them).

Yay, a few hours and 3 computers later, finally finished my work :D :happydance:

Might give them a wash later then. :)
Am desperately trying to find a window cleaner to come and finish cleaning the outside and the bits I can't reach but nobody wants to come out, and the place still stinks. :( xx

well done Huggles!! Back from my lunchtime trip out now :)

xxx

Are you going to use the tests you sent me this weekend Carreg? They are so brilliant, I'm still using them and they have always been instant, even when I first got my BFP. xx

I will use them to help pad out my proper tests I think! I used them last month but obviously was not pg so all negatives and a bit scared they will just give me evaps or something. How many days before AF did you use the ones I sent you and get a positive? And was it faint or really obvious? I am 4 days pre-AF so think it might be a bit soon!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->