NTNP Chat Thread

I was going to do a pork roast and try my hand at making yorkshire pud to go with it (i know it's supposed to be wtih beef but who cares?!) but then i remember i'm going to be out most of the day so reckoned i wouldn't feel energetic enough to do the whole roast thing so decided on the pasta instead :)
I'll contemplate the baby sweetcorn - although might keep that for another day.
Mmmmmmm, I LOVE BABY SWEETCORN!! :happydance: xxx

i'm thinking for lunch one day next week i might make us a couscous salad with feta and baby marrows and baby tomatoes in. Think i might add the baby sweetcorn to that.

Yum!! Sounds like a great plan!! :D xxx

Well, I walked around Fruit & Veg pretending I was Carreg. Was amazed at the variety of veg they offer - I never noticed it before! Bought some tiny yellow patty pan squashes and some tiny green ones too, and then bought some medium/large green ones (about the size of the palm of my hand) too that i think i might try stuffing if Carreg tells me what she stuffed hers with. Bought baby marrows as well and some red and white sweet potato and some mushrooms (they didn't have baby sweetcorn). Also bought 2 small red chilli's! Had great fun :D

so supper tonight is tagliatelle drizzled with olive oil and then cut up russians, mini patty pans, sliced baby marrows and mushrooms :D

Just had a lovely day out with my parents and my younger brother. We all went out to lunch and for some strange reason i only felt like a salad (I NEVER order a salad!). So i ate a really delicious grilled chicken salad and then had a yummy dessert - cassata with chocolate icecream around, sprinkled with cocoa.

DH is on his way home now in a bad mood as he's managed to break all 3 of his airsoft guns! So he just phoned to say he wants ice cream, chips and chocolate - we have ice cream and chips (crisps) but not chocolate and i'm not going out again so he'll have to make do - so much for starting healthy eating! (he's decided he wants to lose weight).

Glad you had a good day Huggles!! :D
OH keeps saying you can see my stomach has changed, so have started my weekly bump pictures in my journal now, eeek!! :p xxx

LOL Huggles...the idea of you wandering round pretending to be me made me giggle :D Glad you had fun veggie shopping though and good luck with the cooking :) Here is the stuffed squash recipe. I didn't use the fresh anise and I have also made it without the sausagemeat but with extra rice. Both ways were very tasty :)

Sorry to hear your hubby broke all 3 of his guns :( Can he fix them himself or will it be expensive?

Hope everyone is doing well. My weekend was hectic in the end but really good. Felix on Saturday, bed fetching yesterday and then my friend Rob came down from Cambridge to visit in the evening.

xxx

Thanks for the recipe Carreg - I was just wondering where you were! I think my patty pans might be a bit small - we don't get such big ones here. But i'm gonna give it a try anyway.

Re DH's airsoft guns - he's given them to his one friend who hopefully might be able to fix them for him. If not he'll have to take them back to the shop and then it will cost money to fix. The really annoying bit though is that the one gun was brand new - never played with - and he was going to sell it. But it fell over and a piece cracked so now he'll have to sell it much cheaper.

My squashes weren't that big, they sat in the palm of my hand so you should be ok to stuff your larger sized ones, hopefully. Hope it works out anyway :)

My next organic veggie box arrives today and I am going to nip home at lunchtime just to see what I've got! Very sad I know but find it quite exciting!

xxx

Morning all! Any exciting plans today?
I'm doing housework (just taking a break to watch Jeremy Kyle!), and job hunting.

My next organic veggie box arrives today and I am going to nip home at lunchtime just to see what I've got! Very sad I know but find it quite exciting!

xxx

But it's just such fun receiving parcels! Hope you're gonna tell us what there is this afternoon :D

Morning girls... sorry havent been on much. Been quite ill with the flu.

Any news I have missed?

I got a BFN yesterday.

xxx

Hope you are feeling better Becca :hugs: take it easy and stay on the sofa! I got BFN too so we're back in the club together again next month! AF is due tomorrow. Joy!!

xxx

and yes, Huggles, I will come and bore everyone silly with a list of veggies after lunch :D :lol:

xxx

Hope you are feeling better Becca :hugs: take it easy and stay on the sofa! I got BFN too so we're back in the club together again next month! AF is due tomorrow. Joy!!

xxx

My AF is due tomorrow too.... yey! Not! :haha:

I am at work so unfortunatly sofa is not an option!

xxx

Yay! :happydance: I love hearing all about your veggies and your plans for them - it inspires me! My mom was so shocked yesterday when i told her i'd just bought a whole lot of veggies LoL (i never normally eat veggies) and DH loved the pasta i made last night with all the veggies in it and he also doesn't normally like veggies! :thumbup:

awww sofa definitely beats work!!! Hope you aren't feeling too ill.

Glad your OH liked the pasta, Huggles. Maybe he'll be a convert before too long and you won't have to be such a veggie-ninja anymore!! :ninja:

xxx

aaah, i like being a :ninja: !

Off to my field now for lunch time to soak up the last bit of gorgeous weather as the report predicts it's going to get cloudy and rainy the next few days but today is stunning! Back in about an hour! (although i might actually have to knuckle down and work then :( )

hehe I just love the ninja icon!

Enjoy your field :) It was really nice here yesterday but it's really coooold today. Work?? Bah!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->