Nude (Early) Parenting

M

mom-on-8/2009

I've read a lot of things about people generally liking to be nude around the house and staying that way with LO until somebody gets uncomfortable. This is from the same people with the mindset about showing the correct body part names to their children (penis instead of willy, etc.)

Some people are not comfortable doing this and are even afraid of it being called abuse.

It's natural to be naked (the way we're born) and for kids to be curious. In this environment, the child would be curious around you and ask you questions so you can answer them how you want instead of like, say, they don't see nude people until they go to an art museum on a school field trip and start asking questions of kids and the kids teach them stuff you might not like.

Kids aren't born ashamed of their bodies, this is taught, is what was said in an article, and I really believe this.

What do you think about this fundamentally? I know in some situations, like living with in-laws, etc, it isn't feasible. But, what do you think about the concept of doing this?

(Yes, I know this has a lot of probability to become controversial, but, we are adults here.)

I don't wander around my house starkers, but I don't have a problem with getting undressed/dressed in front of Kaya. I don't want her to feel it's something she should be embarrassed about.

I also don't ever walk around naked and I won't be getting naked around Lola.
Even know that she's 6 months old if I bathe with her I will do it in my bathing suit. I don't have a problem changing clothes or undressing in front of her cause she's so young anyway, but I will mostly stay in my bra.

From my personal experiences as a child I don't think I've ever seen my parents naked(thankfully :lol:).

I don't wander around my house starkers, but I don't have a problem with getting undressed/dressed in front of Kaya. I don't want her to feel it's something she should be embarrassed about.

I don't want Ayven to feel embarrassed, either.

Grace is 4 years old and i change in front of her and she wanders in the bathroom when i'm in the bath. She knows that mummy has boobs, but other than that she never takes any notice of my body. It's a different story with OH though, he doesn't change in front of Grace, but he doesn't make it obvious that's the reason (if that makes sense).

I come out of the shower starkers and Jasper is in bed with his daddy and they both look at my boobies and lick their lips.

Its kind of like a personal peep show! And I'm just trying to get dressed in peace!

Umm, I dont see a problem with it. My household growing up was relaxed about nudity and stuff, so I dont see it as an issue in your own home - as long as everyone is comfortable. I vaguely remember the first time feeling the need to cover up in front of my dad when I was about 8, and my dad took that as an indication that it was no longer okay to come into the bathroom if I was have a shower or whatever... but before then, there was no need for privacy.

My OH is a prude at heart, so time will tell how he feels about it though. I can imagine he'd be a bit less comfortable with household nudity once Jasper is a old enough to 'understand'.

I dont care around Ellie shes to young. Im breast feeding so kinda hard to hide that infront of Benn but i dont shower with him around im always in my bra and knickers he looks comments and makes me uncomfortable lol.

you might think this is kinda cute and silly-
my aunt was telling a story yesterday since we were all together for Easter---
my little cousin and my aunt (uncle is deployed) were out in public somewhere
and Alex goes "I have a penis"
and Marina goes "Yeah"
and Alex goes "Daddy has a penis"
and Marina goes "Yeah" (starts to see people looking)
and Alex goes "And my Grandpa has a penis"
and she says "yeah" (hopes to end it at that)
but, Alex goes "what do you have, Mommy?"
she says "i'll tell you later when we leave here"

I could so see this happening the way they are

I don't want Ayven to feel embarrassed, either.

To be fair, as I stated I never saw my parents naked as a child but was never embarrassed or confused about my body. :shrug:

i never saw them naked either, well, maybe, my mother
i'm extremely comfortable with my body
lie right now, nothing but something to protect my lap from the laptop getting hot
me and DH walk around without clothes most of the time
but, that's just us
i'd put up a tmi alert, but, this thread comes with that territory

I get changed and stuff in front of Molly at the moment as she is too young to understand. When she is older that won't be the case. This is how it was when I was growing up and I'm not confused or embarrassed about my body either. Each to their own.

im always in the nude LOL
nothing wrong with it at all
and i have baths with emily!!
i think children should be
brought up not to be ashamed
of what they have ...
obviously not to show it off
to every tom dick and harry
but to be proud of it!!

obviously when she gets older
me and the oh will change elsewhere
hes never 100% naked around her
anyways but i spose everyone
has their own way of bringing
kiddiewinks up so ....

xx​

i and oh bath naked with archie i dont see a problem with it..obviously as he starts to get abit older ill be covering up lol and i dont wave myself infront of him but right now i jus go with the flow its not like he can gooo wats that! lol x

I don't remember seeing my parents naked. Well I saw my moms vag once when I was a teenager *shudder* but we are very open and naked in this house. We both walk around nude in front of Helena. Brian and I both bathe with Helena, not at the same time :rofl: but we do it naked. :shrug: I won't be doing it forever, but I figure it is fine while she is a baby. I agree with you, your nude body is natural, I like that she gets to see what people look like and know what body parts are.

I'll change infront of Elyse as long as she's an infant, she's too young to remember, and it's convenient for me if that makes sense? I can't put her out of the room when I'm on my own and need to get dressed, I need to keep an eye on her if she's up, so yep:)

I've been reading that children don't remember much if anything from the first 3 years of their life, so I'm not worried about traumatizing her because she saw my bare bum a couple of times, lol.

Lol I change in front of Tegan, have bathed with Tegan more than once, Tegan has been in the bathroom in her bebepod while I've been in the bath.. I think its a natural thing, as I was growing up it was never really an issue, my Mum would streak across the house on the way from bathroom - bedroom and that would just be normal for us :lol:

My eldest has seen me naked since she was a baby - she doesnt flinch when she does now. She sits talking to me when I'm in the bath and will be using my straighteners when I'm getting dressed etc. I've stood naked doing her hair - it's no biggy. She doesnt do the same infront of me and thats fine and I wouldnt want her too - she's 14 and a young lady. My husband covers up infront of her - he's not comfortable being naked in front of her for obvious reasons. He has only known her since she was 9 and he's not her Dad so I think that's fair enough. He is naked in front of Hebe - we both bath with her but he does more because I cant bare my bath unless it's scolding hot!!! He can sit in it luke warm so Hebe can share it. Brrrrrr.....
I didnt see my parents naked all the time but they didnt lock the bathroom door when we lived at home and if we wanted to go in (2 daughters 1 bathroom) we would and I didnt think anything of it althought my sister and I were told to lock the door when we were in as my Dad didnt want it the other way IYKWIM.

my oh grew up in a house where ppl would be naked whether this was his dad or mum and hes very open with his parents it didnt do him any harm. ive been naked around zane (hes only 7 months) and im not going to hide after all where did he come out of lol

it's too cold to be naked all the time in this country! Personally I'm not going to hide away purposely from Alasdair but I won't be walking around naked unless it's necessary (to find clothes and whatever to put on!)

i dont have a problem with it, i get dressed in front of jack and so doesn my oh, if i did have a bath with jack i would be naked i dont care, sometime me and jack are in the bathroom when daddys having a shower and i dont mind, nor does he, i used to see my mum naked in the bath and it never bothered me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->