Nursery deco question..

ooh, now look what you've done! I was looking at that nice birdie andmy OH saw it and now he wants one! We are renting so I will have to look at the removable decals on etsy for birdies and trees.

I like that tree with the monkey too. I think we will buy modern things but with nice jolly giraffes and monkeys on.. he likes giraffes you see, and they seem to be popular at the moment, everything has a giraffe on.

no disney though.

ooh, now look what you've done! I was looking at that nice birdie andmy OH saw it and now he wants one! We are renting so I will have to look at the removable decals on etsy for birdies and trees.

I like that tree with the monkey too. I think we will buy modern things but with nice jolly giraffes and monkeys on.. he likes giraffes you see, and they seem to be popular at the moment, everything has a giraffe on.

no disney though.

Search ebay! they have TONS of removable decals...Ive seen giraffes...and monkeys...oh wait...here...Wee Gallery Decals

hehe....

Okay, too much. They are all just awesome. I need to find someone who does this stuff. How expensive could it be? Like having business card made? What do I know, though.
But seriously, the possibilities are endless. I want a room my little girl can grow into, not something I'm gonna have to change every three years.

OMG the giraffes :O And munkies. Thats me sorted!!!
they are wondersome :D

aw they don't ship to the uk :cry:

edit to say I found a uk supplier! wooo, dh is gonna be so happy.

is it bad that the first thing I chose for my baby is a sticker??

I am leaning the same way I aint into all that disney stuf and prints for children. I want it all drapes, nice bedding and lighting etc. I just painted mine an ivory cream and i am sticking a nice chadelier in there to. Wood floors, fancy stuff like. Course it wont be all grown up looking there will be some nice stuff in there when i find if its a girl or a boy. Oh and a nice rug to.

We're definitely avoiding anything Disney or Winnie the Pooh - think we'll prob go for something neutral, the usual chocolate and cream. That's what our spare room is decorated in at the moment and it will become the nursery in due course so it makes sense. I'm loving all the safari animal stuff that's around at the moment, so hoping the LO likes zebras and giraffes and lions and monkeys etc...etc.... !

There really are so many options today. I was thinking of going into browns/beige! That way, while my little girl is going through a pink phase (I plan on inflicting one upon her, anyways) it will be nice and soft, but she can move onto reds and such. Or, worst case scenario, I can easily pain over it with out always having that pink glow...
You know, three years ago, I would have painted her room hot pink. Sheesh!

There really are so many options today. I was thinking of going into browns/beige! That way, while my little girl is going through a pink phase (I plan on inflicting one upon her, anyways) it will be nice and soft, but she can move onto reds and such. Or, worst case scenario, I can easily pain over it with out always having that pink glow...

If you go brown...chocolate brown and pink are SO lovely together!

I was thinking chocolate brown too..but I am not 100% sure.

I love these decals: I cannot decide..HELP!

Bamboo

Waterlilies to go with the bamboo

Probably with chocolate walls...or maybe smokey greyish blue..with white bamboo...

OR

Spiral Tree

With chocolate walls..and a blue tree..Or the reverse

I also love this..because it's very Hawaiian (and Im half Hawaiian) and the baby's name will most likely be Hawaiian...

Sea Turtle

I think for that I would go white..with periwinkle blue but more smokey..with from grey undertones blue!

i absoloutly love the first choice you have on the first post u wrote i think its natural

I have more...hehe

For fabrics..

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/8/5/0/5/1/webimg/141330757_o.jpg To go with the tree..which would mean I would pick different wall/decal colours.

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/8/5/0/5/1/webimg/141296953_o.jpg

For some colour/pattern..

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/linda00000/7TC1.jpg?t=1209760857

https://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/8/5/0/5/1/webimg/139936659_o.jpg

For the bamboo...again I would have to rework my colours..grr

I should stop now...this is way too fun!

If you go brown...chocolate brown and pink are SO lovely together!

I was thinking chocolate brown too..but I am not 100% sure.

I love these decals: I cannot decide..HELP!

Bamboo

Waterlilies to go with the bamboo

Probably with chocolate walls...or maybe smokey greyish blue..with white bamboo...

OR

Spiral Tree

With chocolate walls..and a blue tree..Or the reverse

I also love this..because it's very Hawaiian (and Im half Hawaiian) and the baby's name will most likely be Hawaiian...

Sea Turtle

I think for that I would go white..with periwinkle blue but more smokey..with from grey undertones blue!

I really like the sea turtle. We do live on the coast...The bamboo and lily pads are cool, but yeah, changing your colours would be a pain. But then again, you COULD work the grey/blues in...see, thats why I'd almost want to make them. I mean, who makes vinyl window signs for businesses? That's who you'd go to. If you have an image, they might be able to help you...could take a little bit of homework, but then it'd be perfect. Have your cake and eat it too!

I like the sea turtle a lot too! But it could offend my parents..Im adopted..and I know both real/bio parents..and my arsehole real dad is the Hawaiian one..and so everything about him is pretty much hated. Can you see where I am going with this?

But maybe they wouldnt clue into why I did it either..

I could see it being very nice...with like blue walls, and maybe a lighter/brighter blue turtle! And some nice green, blue, yellow maybe even...fabrics.

Ahhh this is going to be SO hard!

I keep thinking if I stick to chocolate brown...and more neutral decal colours like black or white...then I can change the bedding to lots of different things right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->