Nursery - how soon?

ttcnewbie123

Reaction score
Hi ladies
So this weekend I've painted the nursery (its v small so didn't take very long!) and as we are team yellow its just in a very neutral creamy colour. I was just wondering how soon you ladies put the cot up, starting accessoring etc etc. Its very much a blank canvas at the moment, I know the cot we want but didn't know if it was a bit soon maybe as it'll just gather dust if we buy it and put it up now! Thanks! Xx

I thinkbits upto u hun! I've now got everything for our nursery just waiting til next weekend to paint it, I personally waited until after the 20week scan to make sure our gender scan was correct (which it was lol) but I dnt see any harm in being organised I can't wait to get ours done!!! Xx

We're going to put our cot up next week when it arrives. This is mainly because it'll be flatpack which my husband is awful with. I need to be in a position to help still. I'll probably put a sheet over it so the cat doesn't sit in it.

I can't seem to get the motivation to do anything yet. I don't think I'm going to buy anything until 24ish weeks. I applaud you girls that have done something! Maybe I'll change my mind after my 20 week scan on Tuesday.

i do nursery as soon as we move id have it done already if we werent moving :haha:

Hello! I think you can do it whenever you want really! I bought our nursery furniture quite early at about 14 weeks but there was a great offer on that I wasn't sure if it would come back. Since then it's all been waiting to be put up, now I'm 28 weeks and we've
moved house so other things have come first. I think we'll be doing it over the next couple of weeks. I think it's up to you tho, I like to have things organised so will want it done well before due date x

We just bought the cot today but i won't do the painting until im off work for the summer and i have enough time to do it. my hubby works 12 hr days with only 1 day off a week so he wont be of much help ;)

I'm waiting as long as possible. One huge, totally unanticipated advantage of being an "older" (34) mother is that so many of my friends are done having babies and are unloading their stuff on me. So it makes sense to give them all a chance before I go out and buy things that I could have gotten for free!

Its up to you.
I wont be putting cot up or doing up babies room till next summer, as baby will be in with us for at least the first 6mths maybe longer. Will use the room for storing his/her bits and clothes but thats about it will prob paint it early next year before bubs goes into the room will paint it in nice bright colours.

I've just bought the paint for my babies nursery and i have now got two weeks off work. I plan to spend some of that time painting, so hopefully will have it finished by friday at the latest.

Thanks ladies, I'm glad I've got the painting out of the way early on! I think I'll try and sort a new carpet out over the next few weeks and then buy the cot after our next scan!x

we had the cot up at 6 weeks & had repainted the walls by 7 weeks :haha: 20 weeks now & it's nearly done, just need shelves to go up, light fitting, a chair for feeding & to finish the chest of drawers im renovating :D

I bought the cot at 17 weeks from the shop we've ordered the pram from - it was such a bargain I couldn't resist (and my MIL wanted the money out of her account so she could close it down). Haven't got it yet as we're waiting for the pram to come in then my mum and dad will collect everything. We're having some work done on the heating in the house next weekend so will prob start moving things into place after that.

We repainted the room last october before we were pregnant (in a nice supposedly gender neutral colour, which turned out to be blue) and then recarpeted over Easter. Set the crib up today as it was delivered from a friend this week who I'm borrowing it off. I'm setting things up as I get them as it means I can sort out the space in my head and check I'm ready.

I put the crib etc. in the nursery about 3 weeks ago x

We have ours almost all done. And will be painting next weekend. By the end of July it will be completely done. There is no specified time of when you should start working on it. It is when you want to have it done and how long want to work on it for.

My OH started clearing out the room that is going to be the nursery last weekend and has been stripping the wallpaper and woodwork this weekend - it's pretty rubbish decor in there atm.
Hopefully he's going to do all the fillinf etc over the next week or 2 and then I am going to be putting the cot and rest of the furniture up.

We started stripping the wallpaper 2 weekends ago - that uncovered TERRIBLE walls :dohh: so last weekend DH replastered the walls.. this weekend we have white washed the walls with 2 coats of white paint ready for buying the paint next weekend after we've confirmed team :pink: at the anomaly scan on friday..

Dad has hand-made our crib already but is keeping it for us until the nursery is fully painted.. he is starting on the cot next weekend I believe which we'll have again after all the painting is done.

We've pretty much got our furniture already from around the place, DH's wardrobe from when he was a baby, a chest of drawers that i've emptied that is perfect, a bookcase that just need staining to match the crib and cot..

It'll take a while to finish but we've made a start - I guess we'll be looking to finish it by late july/early august..

I can't seem to get the motivation to do anything yet. I don't think I'm going to buy anything until 24ish weeks. I applaud you girls that have done something! Maybe I'll change my mind after my 20 week scan on Tuesday.

oooh ive got my scan on tuesday to im sooo excited :) xx

We didn't have to paint ours, so got started much later :)

I'm almost 28 weeks and today we put in a lot of the finishing touches - I've spent all week working on repainting an old dresser and finding storage solutions, etc. We put up the crib about two weeks ago, and this weekend found a rocker at a garage sale. I put up all the art/wall stuff this week as well.

What's funny, is now that it's nearly done I'm feeling like we did it too soon, lol! Enjoy doing your nursery, because once it's done, it's done :flower: But have fun doing whenever you feel you want too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->