Nursing Student WTT

skperreault

Reaction score
Hi all! this is my first post on here!
I am 24 from the US and have been with my OH for 5 years, married for 2. I am currently in nursing school and will finish in may 2017.My OH will be 30 in a couple of weeks and we desperately want to have a child. Neither of us have any children yet so we are really anxious to start this new journey together. We are WTT until Feb 2017 so that I will almost be done with school. But damn! it is so hard to wait. Looking for some encouragement from this forum. Anyone else WTT till feb 2017? Any tips on how to relax the baby fever haha. Thanks all!!

Hey! I'm only WTT till this May, but I'm in nursing school as well! Finishing this May!

Honestly the work at school keeps my mind off of it. It's so busy. The problem is the breaks! Nothing brings my fever all the way down.

I'm not in the same wait but I waited for my first all through my nurse training and then for a year after (I'm in the UK so waiting that year let me get full maternity benefits). It was hard but it was also totally worth it. I always say now that had we not waited we wouldn't have Grace and she's so perfect I couldn't imagine her not being a part of our lives. I remember this moment on her first night when I was looking at her and I just thought 'of course it's you' like I'd known her all along. I've also seen my sister fall pregnant during her training and how difficult she has found it.

I know it doesn't help now but when you have your baby it will be worth it, I promise. And February '17 will be here before you know it.

Hi! I just made a poor attempt at "replying" to your introduction post on the "Getting to Know You" thread! I don't know if it posted correctly though...

Anyway, that's so exciting to hear you're both wanting to TTC! February '17 seems far away, but I'm sure it'll go in the blink of an eye. I totally get you about the baby fever though. My DH is not necessarily even on board for this year and wants to wait til 2020 and I'm like "hellll no I can't wait that long!'" I also don't want to push him. If you find a good way to reduce baby fever, let me know! :)

Are you planning on starting your nursing career after you have your baby?

Hi guys!
thank you all for the encouragement. my sister in law found out she is pregnant over the weekend...sigh...

I'd have to agree completely with annio, I was desperate for a baby while I was a nursing student. When we did have our boy a few months ago I was a fully qualified nurse with 3 years experience behind me and the joys of nhs maternity leave....meaning I had 7 months (could've had a year) so so glad we waited to get my career in check and get ourselves sorted. Whereas a girl in my class had to watch her classmates get their degrees while she was a year behind and struggling to get money.
Saying that though, who cares what anyone else thinks you should go for it if you want it!
You're still so young don't worry, I'm 31 (still young thank you!) And OH is 38....so we need to work on the 2nd quickly!

Hi there ladies! I am in my first semester here in the US of an RN program. My hubby and I actually tried all last year to conceive with no luck. And once November hit and we would no longer have a summer baby, I put the stop on it. I will be through the initial half of my nursing program in May of 2017 and then have the option to finish my bachelors degree by December 2018.

Our plan is to start trying again in August 2016 so that if I do get pregnant it'll be a summer baby and then I can decide if I want to go on for the second half of the bachelors program or just take my board exam and start working with my two year RN degree.

After trying to conceive for a year, it has been really hard to not be trying, but also a much needed break. I'm not 100% trying to prevent (though I probably should, except after 12 m ttc, my expectations are low) as it would not work so well with school. I don't know how those in my classes with children are doing it!

Good luck to you all in school!

I had DD during my nursing training in the UK. The broodiness overtook me! I caused myself a lot of stress and drama though by not waiting. Now been qualified for nearly a year and separated from my partner so WTT indefinitely now. Good luck on the wait - focus on things you want to do without a baby like a holiday or something x

I'm not in the same wait but I waited for my first all through my nurse training and then for a year after (I'm in the UK so waiting that year let me get full maternity benefits). It was hard but it was also totally worth it. I always say now that had we not waited we wouldn't have Grace and she's so perfect I couldn't imagine her not being a part of our lives. I remember this moment on her first night when I was looking at her and I just thought 'of course it's you' like I'd known her all along. I've also seen my sister fall pregnant during her training and how difficult she has found it.

I know it doesn't help now but when you have your baby it will be worth it, I promise. And February '17 will be here before you know it.

Same here, did training then had to wait a year to get the mat pay :) we also bought our first home and got married in that year too so that kept my mind busy but yeh through training etc it felt like such a massive wait, now 3 kids later it seems like forever ago!
Your time will come before you know it :)

How is the waiting going ladies? I just finished up finals in my first semester of nursing school, and as hard as it is to deal with the baby fever, watching my classmates with little ones makes me glad I'm waiting! If I didn't have to work while in school I could maybe do it, but work, school and baby would be just too much!

Two good friends of mine just had little girls, so I can get my baby fix pretty much whenever I want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->