Nutcracker Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cangaroo

Reaction score
I've just booked for DD, MIL and DH to go see the Nutcracker Suite at New Year for DD and MIL's Christmas presents. I really wish I could go too, but I think with a 4-6 week old exclusively breastfed baby it would be rather unrealistic! DD loves her ballet classes and spent the morning watching videos of ballet on You Tube so I think she'll love it. Hope she's not scared of the theatre! She can be rather apprehensive in new situations and might find it overwhelming... Any tips in taking toddlers to the theatre?

Is anyone else going to see any ballet or pantomimes over Christmas?

Lots of prewarning about what to expect. I've not taken a toddler to the theater but I would say the same as the first time I took mine to the cinema.

It might be quite dark, but if you want you can sit on Daddys lap. There will be lots of people trying to listen so if you need to talk its best to whisper. It might get loud. Then throw in a few good points too. So you don't put her off. Like how she'll get to see what she likes watching actually happening.

hope you have a great time!!

i really wanted to take my hubby and kids to the one they are having here, but there was no option to buy children's tickets, just adults, so that was enough for me to realize they don't want kids there :(

That's a shame! Here it was advertised as a family ballet and there are children's tickets.

We will have to talk about it with her a lot, I think! She has a book if the Nutcracker which plays the music, so it will be familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"