"O" around July 17, looking for buddies!

aww maybebaby try to stay positive. I think the soy (as long as you are taking the correct dose and not a very small dose) will trigger the OPK and you will have a better idea when to inseminate. Just remember, you will need to do every other day starting on the day of the positive OPK to catch the egg or egg(s). Can you post a picture of your soy iso bottle so I can see what it says for the amt of soy in it? The bottle I had was very confusing, but I took 9 and then 10 pills and it worked. If you do not take enough, your body won't get tricked like you want and that is the goal.

I was on my 3rd cycle of TTC when I tried soy and I was feeling REALLY low too. I even got my paperwork and everything ready to do IUI, but then didn't have to.. so trust me, I know the feeling :(

but also, you might be feeling down because your estrogen is being blocked... so keep positive!! :hugs:

Thanks mommyloves, I think it might be the soy causing some mood swings since I tend to be positive about the whole thing since we just started trying. Here is the bottle, I've been taking 4 pills to equal 160mg. I don't know if I should go up to 200mg the last two days. And I was reading about the SMEP and figured I'd follow that a little bit. I plan on inseminating 3 days in a row after the positive OPK, break one day and then do one final insemination. FX that I'll finally get my positive OPK this cycle.

https://i39.tinypic.com/28tcl0h.jpg

https://i41.tinypic.com/20i7zua.jpg

yea it is probably the soy making you feel like that. For my last 3 days, I went up to 200mg, but that is just me :)

I wish I had gotten the bottle you have, mine was so little soy isos in every pill that I had to take sooo many! but you have it perfectly, which is awesome!

I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.. I can't sleep because I have such crazy dreams, to the point my brain is like "naw, I don't need to sleep anymore at 3am" and right now I have the worst headache :cry:

pdubs: how are you doing? any updates on your application stuff or anything?

Well I decided to go up to 200mg today and tomorrow and then I'll be done.

I'm sorry about your crazy dreams. I used to have the most vivid weird dreams when I was on Effexor. It used to drive me nuts.

Mommyloves: Status Update - CD12 U/S showed no viable follicles so FS says I'm not responding to the Femara the way he wished (big surprise)...I am now on Prometrium to expedite this cycle and then FS wants to look at my tubes again to see if I would be eligible for government funded IVF (need both tubes to be damaged) as I have so much against me he doesn't suggest we fund it ourselves as the likelihood of success is pretty low...so we are waiting on that cycle to start and have our interview with children's aid at the end of the month...so just sitting, wishing, waiting...

wow pdubs I am so sorry, I know hearing that there were no viable follies was heartbreaking to say the least :( my heart breaks for you.. I am sitting here thinking "ok what else can be done so that your dreams can be a reality" I don't wish damaged fallopian tubes on anyone, but if that is the only way for you to achieve conception, then I pray that the results are in favor of government assisted IVF and you can start the process. Are they going to have you try using your eggs or donor eggs or did they say? Do they want to try IVF with you first and see how it goes? I know I am asking so many questions but I am so trying to think of ways to help. I have donated before and I would be so willing to do it again for you if you need it, that way you could carry your own precious baby. AUGH, I wish there was an easier way for you. and I wish that the meeting with the social worker stuff would hurry up and start now so that you have something else to think about while you wait for AF to come and do all the other testing. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. DH and I have talked about being a surrogate after our 3rd baby (since I know not all ladies can take the 4 injections a day etc, and I know I have no issues), I would love to be able to help. :hugs:

maybebaby: yay for your last dose!! then it is count down to positive OPK/O! remember, the soy will make the OPK show positive for a day or so after your last pill, so don't rush to inseminate until you know for sure.. don't want you to get disappointed.

I have taken effexor before but I don't remember the crazy dreams.. but I DO remember being so nauseous that all I wanted to do was sleep, so maybe that is why? lol lesser of the two evils :)

You are so sweet Mommyloves :)

We haven't gotten to discuss how the IVF process would go since we don't know if it's an option yet but I would think we would try one cycle of my eggs and if that didn't work I would look at a donor. I talked to DH about a donor and he is not comfortable with it being a family member, and I'm not comfortable with it being a friend, or someone we would see on a regular or even semi-regular basis so we would be looking for "annonymous donors" that have similar physical traits and personality as us (if that's even possible) I know egg donor fees is about $800 but I don't know if there are other extras we would have that wouldn't be included in the G-F IVF...definitely will be lots of questions if we go this route :)

well either way, you have options :) I totally understand not wanting the donor to be related part.. that is why mine were anonymous because I don't think that I could handle seeing the babies, and ultimately, privacy is #1. I pray that you don't have to go that route, but if you do, be careful of the fees of agencies and so on because the agency that I signed up with charged the couple a ton of money (5k each time) and I would much rather someone do it outside of an agency if they can, but then it would be harder to find a donor, especially anonymous, or even one that had very similar features as you.. so its hard :( but don't you worry.. those drs will find that you have damaged tubes and they will use your eggs and you WILL be successful :)

maybebaby: yay for your last dose!! then it is count down to positive OPK/O! remember, the soy will make the OPK show positive for a day or so after your last pill, so don't rush to inseminate until you know for sure.. don't want you to get disappointed.

I have taken effexor before but I don't remember the crazy dreams.. but I DO remember being so nauseous that all I wanted to do was sleep, so maybe that is why? lol lesser of the two evils :)

I didn't know soy did that, and what's really weird is that I had a dream last night that I had a positive OPK on CD7 and couldn't understand why.

We decided to follow SMEP better, so we're going to inseminate every other day starting CD10, and keep doing that through out my cycle, if I get a positive OPK then we'll follow the SMEP instructions.

We're going to join the gym today, he's making me go with him so he has a buddy and won't flake on going. I'm down 42 pounds without working out so I'm hoping this will help the weight fall off quicker. I want to lose as much as I can before getting pregnant.

Here's some weight loss progression pictures. I'm just so happy about losing what I have.

This is before and then 30lbs done in April:

https://i44.tinypic.com/2i9npcx.jpg

And this is from April to now:

https://i41.tinypic.com/2zzlydf.jpg

damn maybebaby, you are doing a great job with the weight loss! I know how hard it is to lose weight and you for sure are keeping with it, that is awesome! I kinda did that method when I got pregnant, so it works :) I didn't even mean to, but when I was comparing my chart to others, that method popped up.. so I think that is a great idea.

Thanks so much! How're you feeling? I can't wait to start trying again. I'm praying for a May baby.

I am feeling bleh.. just super tired and now the pregnancy symptoms are actually starting.. I hate the first trimester because of the morning sickness and stuff... but I am getting through it!

I have two may babies, they are the best :) I have my fx'd for you that you get your may baby, especially since you are using soy and all.. What day are you on now? you said you were going to start on CD10 right? so exciting!!

I'm sorry you're uncomfortable, it will all be worth it though! That's the part I'm not looking forward to, morning sickness and all being uncomfortable. Plus I'm on medications for my migraines now that I won't be able to take like muscle relaxers, and anti-nausea stuff. I've heard that pregnancy hormones can help with migraine, but it doesn't happen for everyone so I'm a little worried about how rough it will be.

We were going to start trying tomorrow, but I decided it will be easier to start Monday instead which will be CD12, I don't think it will make a big difference since my fertile days on FF are listed from August 26th-29th. I'm not particularly thrilled about inseminating so much, it's messy and totally not as much fun as sex but hey this is the way I've chosen to make a baby.

yea not being able to take medications totally sucks.. I completely understand that one!! I have horrible anxiety/panic attacks from an ongoing issue at work (haven't been to work since end of june and am on disability due to the issues..) and yesterday I had a bad one and could not take the meds because of the possible side effects to the baby (nor do I ever want to take meds when I am pregnant.. not even tylenol because I worry about what effects it could possibly have..)

I had a friend who had horrible migraines and unfortunately, she still had them when pregnant, not as bad though, so I hope that yours ease up when you are pregnant, that would be good I think.

I totally understand how the insemination is not the fun route, but at the same time, you are having a baby with someone who WANTS a child, and that is the best part, even if the method is not as fun. I can tell you that I have inseminated before.. a few times.. and it was while I was 9 months pregnant because I wanted the prostiglandins in the semen to sofen my cervix and put me in labor.. DH did not want to have sex with me cuz I was huge.. and plus, we have the issues with major ED, so it is tough for us normally.. add me 100 lbs heavier and with a baby who kids him if he touches my belly= not sexy and he was NOT having it.. so he did his thing in a cup and I turkey bastered those suckers right in.. and it worked.. I went into labor 24 hours later both times. The one thing that got me thru was (tmi warning) using a toy after wards.. and that made me feel better cuz I still got my jollies lol. :haha::haha:

you are a late ovulator like me!!! how long are your luteal phases? mine were short so I was taking b6/b12 supplements to lengthen them.. not sure if that helped me conceive or not.. but I ovulated on CD21.. and I am not sure which days I DID did the trick, but I was doing every other day/every day after O like that method states.. so fx'd! :)

ps: these crazy pregnancy dreams are no joke.. I can't sleep after 3am and 5am.. it sucks sooo bad. even if DD and DS are asleep, here I am awake on a saturday. NOT COOL!!! lol

Sorry it took so long to answer! It's nice to know someone else that's on disability and has had/planning to have kids. I used to talk on a regular message board about wanting to TTC and they wanted to stone me for thinking about having children while collecting disability. People don't seem to understand that we paid into disability in our taxes every pay check, it's not a government hand out. That topic gets me all hot under the collar. I'd much rather be working than in constant pain.

Anyway, we were first supposed to start trying Saturday, then it got pushed to today and now it's on the agenda for tomorrow. Things just keep getting in the way. I know it's just a means to an end (end result is the baby!) but it's still awkward. My mom and I live together, she knows we're trying so its super uncomfortable when he drops off his 'deposit' and I have to go in my room and do the insemination. Plus I just found out his friends have asked him if we're having sex, and he said yes. I wish we were! I told him he better have said that I'm great in bed lol.

It seems to take me about 21 days to ovulate, but since I haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, I have no idea when it's actually happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->