"O" around July 17, looking for buddies!

AF hasn't shown up yet for me, but future baby daddy brought me to Walmart and bought a bunch of stuff that we needed because I'm low on money this month. We got the soy pills, and evening primrose oil for me and zinc for him. Plus we got Preseed (I'll put some in the syringe when I inseminate) and OPKs. Has anyone used Answer brand OPKs? I was using Dollar Tree brand. He even bought me a blouse for church, we both sing in the choir. He is so sweet and awesome it kills me that he's gay lol. I'd marry him in a heartbeat.

Also, I know I take soy CD3-7 but what is the dosage? I remember reading to start at 160mg and the last day or two to go up to 200? Is that right?

Hey MaybeBaby! Awww He sounds like such a sweet heart, but truthfully, most of the gay guys I have met are SO SWEET!! I love my gay guy friends and family.. so considerate and very quick to help someone :) I am so glad that you have him as your baby daddy :)

Ok so first, for preseed, do NOT use the entire amount recommended on the package or you will risk washing all of those spermies out.. I would try maybe 1/4th of what they say. For me and DH, we used like 5 drops.. literally, and never the syringe.

I just finished using soy this month and I got my BFP at 10dpo, and you can look at my FF chart, I used them Day 3-7 and I took 9 pills the first two days and then 10 pills the last 3. I had VERY strong O pains and finally O'd on the 21st. You have to look at the actual pill bottle to see how much of just soy isoflavones it actually has. Mine said 20mg so I took 9 and then 10 to equal 180 and 200 :) I took this dose because I did NOT want to have to take them again.

I do not have any knowledge of the answer opk.. I used the cheapie wondfo ones that you can get online for $20.. and they came with some pregnancy tests that are very accurate too :)

I hope the soy and preseed helps you! quick question.. when he gives you a deposit, how are you storing it?? I know sperm are very sensitive and only survive a certain amount of time, so I was just curious how you were handling it? When DH was going to need to do a sperm count, I was going to need to keep his sperm warm (body heat warm) and deliver it to the lab within the hour. Same thing when I was donating eggs, the intended father was in the lab as I was getting my retrieval making his deposit, so I thought there may be special handing or something? I am always interested in this stuff cuz I feel like the more I know, the more I can help someone else in a similar situation :)

As for me, I took a store brand pregnancy test and it was a :bfp:! I am over the moon!! As of today, I am 4w5d. Now waiting until 8/26 for an ultrasound to see how many are in there.. because as we know, soy CAN cause multiples! I would not mind if there were two in there :) and since my O pains were so bad and constant, I am hoping that!

Mommyloves!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so so so happy for you!!!! :D

Now we are bump buddies as well :) yay!

Omg, I'm also 4 weeks 5 days! EDD April 10, right?

Hey MaybeBaby! Awww He sounds like such a sweet heart, but truthfully, most of the gay guys I have met are SO SWEET!! I love my gay guy friends and family.. so considerate and very quick to help someone :) I am so glad that you have him as your baby daddy :)

Ok so first, for preseed, do NOT use the entire amount recommended on the package or you will risk washing all of those spermies out.. I would try maybe 1/4th of what they say. For me and DH, we used like 5 drops.. literally, and never the syringe.

I just finished using soy this month and I got my BFP at 10dpo, and you can look at my FF chart, I used them Day 3-7 and I took 9 pills the first two days and then 10 pills the last 3. I had VERY strong O pains and finally O'd on the 21st. You have to look at the actual pill bottle to see how much of just soy isoflavones it actually has. Mine said 20mg so I took 9 and then 10 to equal 180 and 200 :) I took this dose because I did NOT want to have to take them again.

I do not have any knowledge of the answer opk.. I used the cheapie wondfo ones that you can get online for $20.. and they came with some pregnancy tests that are very accurate too :)

I hope the soy and preseed helps you! quick question.. when he gives you a deposit, how are you storing it?? I know sperm are very sensitive and only survive a certain amount of time, so I was just curious how you were handling it? When DH was going to need to do a sperm count, I was going to need to keep his sperm warm (body heat warm) and deliver it to the lab within the hour. Same thing when I was donating eggs, the intended father was in the lab as I was getting my retrieval making his deposit, so I thought there may be special handing or something? I am always interested in this stuff cuz I feel like the more I know, the more I can help someone else in a similar situation :)

As for me, I took a store brand pregnancy test and it was a :bfp:! I am over the moon!! As of today, I am 4w5d. Now waiting until 8/26 for an ultrasound to see how many are in there.. because as we know, soy CAN cause multiples! I would not mind if there were two in there :) and since my O pains were so bad and constant, I am hoping that!

First off, congratulations!!! I'm so happy you got your BFP!

Thank you for the advice on preseed. I've heard of some people putting a little bit in the syringe but I already have problems keeping all the swimmers inside, I think if I add anything else it's all going to spill back out. I make sure to push slowly on the syringe but I still end up losing some.

The soy pills I got are 80mg so I only need to take 2 and then 2 1/2 if I'm doing 160mg and 200.

I googled Answer brand and the reviews are pretty bad, but it was the only dipstick brand they had at Walmart. I have issues with the ones you need to pee on, I end up just peeing all over my hand and not the test lol. I haven't mastered the art of POAS yet!

I forgot to answer how we've been handling his sperm, whoops! He does his thing and runs it right over (it only takes 15 minutes) and keeps it between his legs while he drives to keep it warm.

Yay Mommyloves! So happy for you too! Going to Dr tomorrow to get confirmation done. Lines getting darker on HPT at home. With me having my tubes reversed want to make sure bean is where it's supposed to be.

Wish4baby: Yup! We are bump Buddies! EDD 4/10/14! But knowing me, I will probably go into labor a week early.. so we will see.. maybe an april fools baby? lol I am so exited to be in this journey with you and MrsMom!

MaybeBaby: ok so the sperm handling is still the same. that is so cool! I am so glad you have a baby daddy that is so willing and so caring! and I LOVE your sig "Gayby" lol so flippin cute!

ok so I am super scared that I am gonna gain too much weight.. I am also having a hard time sleeping on my tummy already, just feels like a rock in there or something. But I am smaller (weight wise) than I was with DD and DS so maybe that is why? :shrug:

I feel the same way. I haven't gained any weight or anything, but I'm so bloated feeling. Like after visiting a buffet......all the time. Having lots of smell aversions lately and a little queezy after eating. No problems sleeping on belly or anything, just feeling fat.

Yay! Congrats Mrsmom, when is your EDD?!!!

Can't believe we'll be on this journey together, we need to start a group in the pregnancy section where we can get together!

I'll be having a c/s about a week early :)
can't wait to get a scan b/c I am having some severe symptoms (my daughter is convinced its twins, she told me dont worry about a thing mom, i'll change all the diapers!) but maybe I'm actually sick, with strep or something :/
Me too about the weight...I have a plan though...25 lbs or less for sure lol (yeah right, more like 60 as its been with all of my pregnancies)

Tested today a week and a half late and :bfp:
Both me and Hubby are delighted
They say kids that close together are "Irish twins"

not looking forward to :sick:

Baby dust to all :dust:

awww awesome snowywarren!! So that makes Four BFP! Me (mommyloves), Wish4baby, MrsMom, & Snowywarren! Congrats to all!

mrsmom: it is super awesome that you were so successful during your first attempted after the tubal reversal.. you got some awesome healing powers :) I feel the same way.. super bloated.. but no real weight gain yet. I just feel like I am going to become a whale as I did in my first pregnancy ( I went from 115 to 190!!!.. no joke.. I looked hideous lol :haha:) I am also getting a little queasy after food, so I have been eating with a can of 7up nearby lol.. I do NOT want to get sick.. that is the worst..cuz for me, once it starts, it doesn't stop.

wish4baby: twins are our worry too because I am peeing so much now and that usually doesn't happen for me until much later.. also the fact I am having trouble sleeping on my tummy already. and tummy sleeping is my FAVORITE!! time to whip out my body pillow again.. How lucky you are to have kids old enough to help you! my oldest DS will be almost 5 when this baby is born and DD 3, she is not as thrilled as DS though lol. I am just hoping I don't gain all the weight in the first and second trimester because it is the third that is the one that gains the most weight! we shall see lol :)

Hey all,

Still no sign of AF...... Getting seriously cranky now, everything and everyone is annoying me today.... My DH went to the doctors about his hip pain, and according to him, the dr spent most of the consultation asking how I was after CP, and the slipped disk!!

She did broach the subjEct of me getting rid of my two cats.... That I've had for 11 years!!!! Not a bloody chance!!!! DH reassured her that as soon as I'm BFP he'll be taking over with the cats! He's mad abut them too!!

I've been reading up re CPs and AF etc, seemingly it's common to have a long cycle after a CP, hormones regularising etc!

Xxx

sofaqueen: I am sorry you are having a rough day :( Why in the world would she talk about getting rid of your furbabies?! that is ridiculous!!! I have 5 kitties of my own, including one foster tripod baby (my picture) and two dogs.. I could not imagine getting rid of any of them!!! That is so rude of her to ask that. my goodness, I would be in a bad mood too if I was told that. Fx'd AF comes soon for you so that you can get on with your next cycle :hugs:

When I got my bfp last cycle, i had all my bloods one, and I have toxo antibodies, which obviously means I had toxo at some stage in my life and got over it!!

That BFP ended in CP.

sofaqueen- you need a pick me up.. what about a date night or something along them lines?

Cant believe todays result when this day last week was a massive :bfn:

sofaqueen- you need a pick me up.. what about a date night or something along them lines?

Cant believe todays result when this day last week was a massive :bfn:

OMG!!!!!!!! Snowywarren!!! Congrats!!!!!
How did I miss this?!?!?!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::

Thank you.. Its easy done if you dont get on for the best part of a day then a few pages more are there to read through :)

Congrats snowywarren!

I feel like I missed another BFP somewhere cuz I thought we were at 2,....anyway....Congrats to all the expectant mamas :)

Just telling DH I'm going to have to switch threads AGAIN because everyone is knocked up in here already haha...wish some of the BFP "luck" would rub off on me haha

Congrats Snowy!!

Still no AF here, I should have started spotting by now at least. Part of me is wondering if I got the right results from the blood work. I was in the hospital for a night and my pcp came to my room and said since they had blood at the lab already that she would run the blood test. It was a few hours later when I was discharged, when I asked about the pregnancy test the nurse told me it was negative but if she was talking about the urine test they did when I went to the ER, it was too early for that to show up positive. This hospital also told me last year that I had a serious heart problem then a few days later told me they had read the test wrong! So you can understand why I'm a little doubtful.

I feel bloated, my boobs are sore and foods don't taste right and it's making me nauseous. I have one pregnancy test in the house, if I can hold my pee long enough I'll take it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->