O Day today, looking for early testers!

Cat that sounds good!

I hope you ladies are right and there's a bfp among us.

Cou, I'm glad you got a temp rise! I should get my crosshairs tomorrow and will have that same 0 to 3 jump. Im hoping my cycle is shorter this month if I O'd early.

Cutie it definitely looks like it's a shorter cycle this month! Bring on the TWW!

Question ladies - can FF be wrong about O? It's putting my O at Thursday CD 16. That's the same day I had my positive OPK, which is fine - but the thing is, the positive didn't come until 8pm, and it was getting darker through the afternoon (i.e. I had a medium dark line at 2pm, then a darker line at 8pm). Now given that everything I've read says it takes at least 12 hours, wouldn't it make sense that the earliest I could have O'd would be early Friday morning? And FF doesn't ask when time your OPK went positive...

Anyway, sorry for the long rambling question, let me know if that makes sense.

Here's the chart again in case you want to take a look ;)
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34e103

I'm far from certain about this because I'm still trying to figure out how all this works. From my chart, it looks like I O'd on the same day I got my +opk too. I found this on fertility friend.

In some cases, however, you will see ovulation on the same day as the positive result. There are a few factors that can help explain how this happens.

First, remember that when you are reading your OPK, you are seeing a snapshot of your LH surge. You do not really know whether you are seeing the beginning, peak or trail of the surge. What you know is that your LH is at a level that is detectable as a surge by the kit. It may have started to surge soon after your test the previous day and be starting to trail, or it may be just starting to surge. In a case where it looks on the chart as if ovulation occurred the same day as the surge, here is what may have happened:

1. LH started to surge during the night or early in the morning and was detected by your OPK in the early afternoon.

2. Ovulation occurred sometime in the evening or night, several hours after your positive OPK, possibly several hours longer than when the LH actually started to surge.

3. Your temperature is up in the morning, indicating ovulation for the previous day, the same day as the positive OPK, even though many hours have elapsed between the LH surge and your temperature rise.

Hey, I just wanted to jump in, as we're all in this two week wait together!! I got a positive OPK on 9/9 pm and 9/10. We did the deed on 9/6, the morning of 9/9 and 9/10 pm and 9/12. The bad part is that I did have some R lower quadrant pain on 9/11, so I'm hoping I didn't miss an opportunity (but my hubby was worn out I think by that time). Hopefully our two week wait is quick!! When do you guys plan on testing?

Oh the TWW - how do I detest thee.

4 DPO here - Cutie what did you call these - the pineapple days? I got some the other day at the store :)

Geb sounds like you were right on target!

I think I am gonna wait to test this time around, at least until 12 DPO. AF came at 9 DPO last time around and I had tested like that morning, which was such a bummer. So I want to at least wait to make sure my LP is longer, then I'll feel more comfortable either way.

Yes! The pineapple days haha. 3dpo for me. I'm not eating it this go round. If you get your BFP, I will be so jealous! I'm going to watch for AF this cycle unless I get some blaring undeniable symptom.

Eating pineapple, which contains bromelain, from 1-5 dpo. Supposed to help with implantation. I coined days 1-5 the pineapple days of the cycle.

I'm with you Cutie! Waiting to AF (or hopefully not haha). With all your BD this time around I don't think you need pineapple! I have a good feeling!

Geb will you test early or wait it out?

I usually can't wait and test early. I've never had a positive before 3 weeks 5 days tho...yet I'm crazy and try every month. Lol. Oops. POAS-aholic! This group had me feeling a bit calmer though and maybe I can wait this time. This is my first time posting and it's nice to be able to share what's going on with others! Thanks a bunch for listening and replying. You guys are amazing! I've got my fingers crossed for BFPs for all of us!

I'm with you Cutie! Waiting to AF (or hopefully not haha). With all your BD this time around I don't think you need pineapple! I have a good feeling!

Geb will you test early or wait it out?

I'm gonna wait it out this time. We will actually be out of town when AF is due which will be interesting!

Oh I hope I can stay strong and wait...but I'm already feeling antsy!!! Lucky you that you will be out of town!! Maybe I'll go with. Lol. :)

Come on! Hahaha. I'm very glad I won't be home if AF comes. Hopefully will lessen the blow.

Waiting is not my strong suit!!! Darn it. When is everyone planning on testing? I'm trying to hold off until next Wed but I would be happy if I could wait until Monday even.

Hey guys! Thankfully things got a little busy at work which has taken my mind off the TWW!

FF says I am 6 DPO but I really think I'm closer to 5. So I'm gonna try to wait until 15 DPO (is that even possible)!! That way I'll really feel like I gave it a good shot to get AF before testing. So that is next Friday - the 26th. Oh man that seems ages away.

I have been doing ok not trying to SS this time, and so far I haven't felt much. A random, sudden onset backache the other night, but other than that not much. Weirdly I think I had some EWCM yesterday - what the heck?? I know that occasionally that can happen after O but it still seems odd.

What about you guys? Cutie when do you go out of town?

Testing next Thursday morning and heading out of town that evening. Hoping I can roadtrip with excitement of a BFP and not depression or a bfn. I have a girls weekend starting tomorrow so my mind should be off things a lot until Monday.

I haven't ss too bad either thank goodness.

Well girls today is 8dpo and I have absolutely no urge to test this cycle. Probably because it would pretty much be a miracle if I got a BFP this cycle just because we were only able to BD 1 day 3 days before ovulation. Although I do wonder if I will get my period at the normal 14 dpo which would be early or if I will get it on the day I was supposed to if I hadn't of O'd early. I will probably wait to test till the after I'm supposed to get it. Sorry if that's confusing..... Lol

Only time will tell Shandis! I love/hate this narrowing down and reality part of the cycle.

Epic fail...I tested this am. On 9dpo. Stupid!!! I should know better, but I have no ability to ever wait. Ugh. Hopefully I can wait a few more days before testing again. Crossing my fingers that we all get BFPs!!

Hi ladies! Geb - don't worry! 9 DPO is early so there's plenty of time for your BFP :) Sometimes I think testing early (even if it's a BFN) helps me to just chill out a little bit for the next few days - before you know it you will be 14 DPO and ready to try again.

Shandis good luck! Nice to go through this cycle feeling relaxed anyway!

Cutie hope you are having fun on your girls weekend!!!

I am somewhere around 8DPO now... not much to report. Pretty tired this time around. I'll just be thrilled if AF doesn't come at 9 or 10 DPO because that will mean the Vitex is working. Can't wait for the weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->