Oasis and her palmtrees!

Came accross this and thought it was interesting
Bella1231
Posted 02/11/2013
Hi ladies! Yes I wrote a post on this board a while ago, dont know where it is! I think I am the same, started trying for baby in March, got pregnant immediately. Then lost baby in May (mmc), took 3 months for hcg levels to drop back to normal, this was then August, so guessing was probably first time ovulating again, we tried that month, fell pregnant, then miscarried again in September. I dont know if it means if you are super fertile, then your body tries to take on every time with a pregnancy, whether its a healthy egg/sperm or not,whereas a regular woman/s body will normally dismiss it. So the way I read this is I would then experience more miscarriages than normal, if I am to always get pregnant, until that healthy combination appears. We are going to ttc again from next cycle, so will soon see if I really am super fertile or not. From BBC site:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19361432
"Super-fertility" may explain why some women have multiple miscarriages, according to a team of doctors.
They say the wombs of some women are too good at letting embryos implant, even those of poor quality which should be rejected.

The UK-Dutch studypublished in the journal PLoS ONEsaid the resulting pregnancies would then fail.

One expert welcomed the findings and hoped a test could be developed for identifying the condition in women.

Cells from women with normal fertility started to grow and reach out towards the high-quality embryos. Poor-quality embryos were ignored.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

They may simply be super-fertile, as they allow embryos which would normally not survive to implant”

Prof Nick MacklonPrincess Anne Hospital
However, the cells of women who had recurrent miscarriages started to grow towards both kinds of embryo.

Prof Nick Macklon, a consultant at the Princess Anne Hospital, said: "Many affected women feel guilty that they are simply rejecting their pregnancy.

"But we have discovered it may not be because they cannot carry, [but] it is because they may simply be super-fertile, as they allow embryos which would normally not survive to implant."

He added: "When poorer embryos are allowed to implant, they may last long enough in cases of recurrent miscarriage to give a positive pregnancy test."

Regina that is v interesting I read that article recently too, I wonder if that applies to me and Ciz, I'd rather it wasn't the case with me if I'm honest and getting to 12 weeks is heartbreaking. Still no af I don't know what on earth is going on as that's a week and half late now. X
Ciz I hope you're ok xxx

Hi ladies. Sorry I have been on but it's been a flying visit most times. I'm ok well I thought I was ok about it all but apparently I've been grinding my teeth really badly last few nights which means I'm stressing about something or something on my mind. Will have to find something to ease my stressing.
Thanks for that find hun, was really interesting reading it. It's amazing how much stuff you can find out about recurrent mc from ladies who been experiencing them. I hope my bloods shed some light for me to what may be going on and I'll be able to manage it without issues.

Oasis have you had a blood test to confirm your hcg levels are at 0 now? Might be worth getting it done if your af hasn't arrived. Xxxx

Hi Becks and Ciz , thinking of you both xxxx hope your doing ok , sending big hugs to you both

Hi Regina I'm ok xxx concentrating on diet and exercise giving me something to distract me:) hope you're ok xxxx

Becks that's good to hear :) your a step ahead of me ! I'm thinking about my diet alright but emmmmm ........ No action yet ! Oooops need a kick in the bum !

I started Monday and it's coming off quite quickly but this diet is awesome for weight loss! Cd 45 for me I really have no idea at all what's going on I'm over 3 weeks late. Neg pregnancy tests today, no idea if I've o anytime or if going to get af I don't like not knowing, I guess if it carries on I'll have to go docs. Will give it another couple weeks then if still nothing will try make an app. Xxxx

That does sound confusing cycle wise...maybe the trauma of everythng has delayed your cycles a little bit?

Thinking of you all ladies x

Hi ladies. Well I got my doctors about tomorrow doing some bloods I hope it gets done tomorrow as well. see if I can get any answers. To be honest I'm quite nervous about it. Only because I know there are issues of blood clots in the family...

So I booked this doctors appointment 2 weeks ago straight after my Epu appointment. I told the receptionist I need an appointment with this particular doctor to discuss about recurrent miscarriage tests so I'll need a blood test booked too. So found out today she only booked the doctor so now I have to wait till friday to get my bloods done adding another week wait. Some will come back quickly but the blood clot may take 3 weeks to come back. it just annoyed me that she didn't listen to what I asked but there we go nothing I can do now but wait till friday.

Goddess was you talking to me or Ciz:) hope you're ok. I've not been on the Internet for ages! Hope everyone is ok? It's now 7 weeks since my d and c and still no af. Thinking of ringing docs next week. Having cramps today so maybe something is happening. I've heard nothing about my app at the rmc or the testing that was done on the baby. Dh and me have kinda given up really and just going back to bd whenever and not ttc at all. Not sure I could go through another loss so maybe for the best if it doesnt happen for us anymore. Doing well on my diet and have lost 9lbs so far so am really pleased with that xxxx

Ouchy!!! My arm is so bruised. Had 15 bottles of blood drained from 1 arm feeling it now lol. So now the last wait for these to come back. =) amazing work on diet. Xx

Hey oasis. Maybe the cramps are gearing up for something so maybe worth waiting till Monday now before you ring the docs. Hopefully this time af will appear for you =)

Sorry Ciz hope all is ok! And you get good results. Well cramps all gone today they were quite bad and i fully expected af but nope nothing! Internet says leave it 8 weeks before docs so one more week then will make app if nothing. Quite concerned about adhesions from d and c ashermans syndrome especially if you've had more than one d and c and I've had two xxx

Aww hon it must be so frustrating not knowing what is going on. I say give them a ring, sounds like you need to chase the RMC anyway!

Maybe not thinking about it but ntnp is what you need at the moment. I do think once you see the RMC that you might feel more stronger about TTC again. I just hope you can get some answers about what happened. It might help you with learning to move forward <3 xx

Yes Hun you're right I need to ring docs for definite. I literally have no idea what's going on, after getting that positive test 4.5 weeks after d and c it faded really quickly but I'm still getting v v faint lines and my lines went stark white after 3 weeks after the op so without a blood test or scan I'm clueless. Will def try get an app xxxx

hey ladies. i did a ov test as apparently im due to ov today or tomorrow according to my app. heres my test done 9pm tonight [URL=https://s1115.photobucket.com/user/chrissy19881/media/20150630_212729.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k541/chrissy19881/20150630_212729.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

its not pos as its still a touch lighter than control line. im really confused because i am showing no signs of ov at all, by now i have ewcm. we got busy sunday and early hours this morning but wont get a chance now till weekend as hes away with work. gonna do a test tomorrow hopefully lighter and we may have caught it in time

[URL=https://s1115.photobucket.com/user/chrissy19881/media/20150701_102501.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k541/chrissy19881/20150701_102501.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

This 1 this morning. Looks a little lighter to me.

[URL=https://s1115.photobucket.com/user/chrissy19881/media/20150701_155641.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k541/chrissy19881/20150701_155641.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

4pm this is a definite positive. Oh well doesn't look like we'll be getting a bfp this month =( silly oh work!lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->