OBEM - upsetting content this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
when that woman described how she felt about not being a woman, and not wanting to live if you cant have kids... i cryed. thats how i felt :(

Just read some of the posts in another thread about this and tbh i am not at all happy.

:(

V xx

Yeah, just saying the hairdressers Mum made her daughters labour bout her and how Sarah secretly wanted a section.

V xxx

Yeah, just saying the hairdressers Mum made her daughters labour bout her and how Sarah secretly wanted a section.

V xxx

That is shocking, sarah seemed happy she was going to have a natural birth, like she wanted to bleed...

V xxx
Oh. Well that's not right. Sarah just wants her baby, so you can understand her wanting the section and if she's had a bleed too.
Meh ignore it xxxx

I know, like she wanted to have and EMCS or start bleeding.

When/If Mollie and Katie have their babies i will be there hopefully to tell them that even thou something awful happened to me, you will be ok.

V xxx

Dizz I understand how emotional and passionayt tou are about the subject but every post from you so far has very agressive and obusive, please calm down with the aggresion in your posts because all the valid points your making will get over looked and just the swearing and rudness will be focused on.
There realy isnt a need for such aggresion towards others.

How about no - and I'm not the one launching personal attacks on posters and telling them what to say and not say.

You have a problem with that - then report the posts and get me banned - I'm perfectly prepared to be banned for standing up for what I believe in passionately - that women who suffer pregnancy losses are treated like garbage, most disgustingly by other pregnant women, more expectedly by the medical profession and that it's completely and utterly wrong in a civilised country for that to be deemed acceptable.

There are very few things I actually care enough about to be steam at the ears level angry - but the sickening way pregnant women seem to think it's acceptable to behave toward women who've had pregnancy losses is one that will ALWAYS get me apocalyptic with rage. So sorry - I don't go placidly and hide in the background - continue to dismiss the posts that OTHER PEOPLE are making as well as me as some form of idle ranting (which is what you've been doing for endless pages on here) - before I spoke up you were all gunning for someone else saying the same thing... perhaps we all wouldn't be saying it if there wasn't a stonkingly large problem and a LOT of women fed up with being expected to be the elephant in the room that we don't talk about. Hound and bully me off the thread like you're trying to do - someone else who's known far too much grief and pain will spring up to take my place - and that's going to continue to happen till the world pulls its collective head out of the sand about the darker side of pregnancy and starts talking about things that can and do go wrong - and the devastating impact that it has in terms of shattering couples' lives.

Sorry - I won't go away to spare your sensibilities.
The topic touching your heart is fair enough but it does not excuse your behaviour on this thread and therefore for you own sanity I think you should consider leaving the thread if not for others too!

I feel I have to tiptoe around you now when I am purely acting on your highly rude and aggressive posts on the forum.

Some of your posts seem to aim at the forum and it's members so I wanted to say this - I have watched over 5.5 years how STRONG these women, strangers on BabyandBump have come together with raffles, auctions, sponsor walks, sky diving and much much more to raise money for loss causes, hospitals and even headstones for fellow forum friends so please don't come on here with a horrible negative attitude like that because A LOT of the girl's here also know the team has never allowed any woman who has had a loss to feel unwelcome or that she should hide any of the journey she had with her baby in fact neither a larger % of the forum members themselves who have not experienced loss. It is felt more awareness is needed maybe but like smokey was saying ... this isn't the way to do it? I can't comment on the program though because I've never watched it.

A little personal view: I know one friend who was aware of baby loss through sad circumstances of a mutual friend ...she spent her pregnancy with severe depression and anxiety then followed with bonding issues. I'm confused what needs be made aware unless I have missed part of this conversation. Most people naturally won't be aware of loss until themselves or someone close is on that sad journey where nature comes again and either that person is the one being comforted by many loved ones (even strangers when you find places like BnB) or being the comforter :(

Hoping all that makes sense! Always on pins in case I offend without meaning to ...

Im sorry these comments are daft, im not offending anyone. My mum had an awful birth with her oldeat, ended up him having brain damage. Of course when o had my bubba and ended up with forceps the same delivery she was scared as hell. It brings it all back, and god forbid you dont want to see your daughter go through it.
And the stillbirth is awful, and I wouldnt want one person to go through it, and to show people it can and does happen, its just showing that side of things. Even if it's the worst thing to happen ever :(

I think some comments on here have been very rude.

I have not seen ONE post where someone has mentioned that we shouldn't raise the awareness of still births.

I personally think that OBEM is a platform to raise this awareness though. I think it was about two weeks ago when a lady had to have a forcep delivery. The eyes were on the clock and I can honestly say that through that footage it never occurred to me that it would all be a happy ending. I was prepared for the worse and I think that the programme had orchestrated it that way to. I was so relieved when the little baby arrived safely.

From that experience of OBEM, it proved itself there and then to be a programme to show things that other channels shy away from. If it can do it, it should and I think it would have to be handled very sensitively.

That is just my personal opinion though!

Shaun even welled up which says a lot.

V xxx

Dizz I understand how emotional and passionayt tou are about the subject but every post from you so far has very agressive and obusive, please calm down with the aggresion in your posts because all the valid points your making will get over looked and just the swearing and rudness will be focused on.
There realy isnt a need for such aggresion towards others.

How about no - and I'm not the one launching personal attacks on posters and telling them what to say and not say.

You have a problem with that - then report the posts and get me banned - I'm perfectly prepared to be banned for standing up for what I believe in passionately - that women who suffer pregnancy losses are treated like garbage, most disgustingly by other pregnant women, more expectedly by the medical profession and that it's completely and utterly wrong in a civilised country for that to be deemed acceptable.

There are very few things I actually care enough about to be steam at the ears level angry - but the sickening way pregnant women seem to think it's acceptable to behave toward women who've had pregnancy losses is one that will ALWAYS get me apocalyptic with rage. So sorry - I don't go placidly and hide in the background - continue to dismiss the posts that OTHER PEOPLE are making as well as me as some form of idle ranting (which is what you've been doing for endless pages on here) - before I spoke up you were all gunning for someone else saying the same thing... perhaps we all wouldn't be saying it if there wasn't a stonkingly large problem and a LOT of women fed up with being expected to be the elephant in the room that we don't talk about. Hound and bully me off the thread like you're trying to do - someone else who's known far too much grief and pain will spring up to take my place - and that's going to continue to happen till the world pulls its collective head out of the sand about the darker side of pregnancy and starts talking about things that can and do go wrong - and the devastating impact that it has in terms of shattering couples' lives.

Sorry - I won't go away to spare your sensibilities.

Im not trying to shut you up far from it in fact im attempting to do the opposite.
By swearing and using such aggresion in your posts people will eventualy just overlook it for a rant a ignore what your actualy trying to say and just focus on the aggresion and at the end of the day that wont get the message to anyone

The topic touching your heart is fair enough but it does not excuse your behaviour on this thread and therefore for you own sanity I think you should consider leaving the thread if not for others too!

I feel I have to tiptoe around you now when I am purely acting on your highly rude and aggressive posts on the forum.

Some of your posts seem to aim at the forum and it's members so I wanted to say this - I have watched over 5.5 years how STRONG these women, strangers on BabyandBump have come together with raffles, auctions, sponsor walks, sky diving and much much more to raise money for loss causes, hospitals and even headstones for fellow forum friends so please don't come on here with a horrible negative attitude like that because A LOT of the girl's here also know the team has never allowed any woman who has had a loss to feel unwelcome or that she should hide any of the journey she had with her baby in fact neither a larger % of the forum members themselves who have not experienced loss. It is felt more awareness is needed maybe but like smokey was saying ... this isn't the way to do it? I can't comment on the program though because I've never watched it.

A little personal view: I know one friend who was aware of baby loss through sad circumstances of a mutual friend ...she spent her pregnancy with severe depression and anxiety then followed with bonding issues. I'm confused what needs be made aware unless I have missed part of this conversation. Most people naturally won't be aware of loss until themselves or someone close is on that sad journey where nature comes again and either that person is the one being comforted by many loved ones (even strangers when you find places like BnB) or being the comforter :(

Hoping all that makes sense! Always on pins in case I offend without meaning to ...

Just wanted to say I totally agree with your post. I have had people cry for my Riley Rae, I never met them other than virtually. SOme of the girls got together and sent me flowers after she was born, again never met them other than on here. And facebook was awash with purple dragonfly profile pictures (reminds me of Riley Rae) on the day of her funeral, I can never express how much it meant to me that although I hadnt met them, and although they couldnt be there so many people were holding my girl and our family in their thoughts that day. It is a special community here, with 99.9% people being really supportive to angel Mummy's.

The awareness thing, you are right that most people wont be aware but that shouldnt be the case IMHO. Reason being, awareness saves lives.

I cried last night, I dont usually cry OBEM but I did last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"