OBEM - upsetting content this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between OBEM and BnB?

It has Mums to be be from all walks of life and when people post about their losses, people choose to read or skip to another thread.

If what OBEM is going to contain things you may not want to know wbout then don't watch or switch over.

V xxx

agreed v.
if just one person watches and everyone else turns the channel, at least that one person might be more informed and it might save her and her baby.
thats one less fatality to the injustice that is the huge number of babies who die in stillbirths every year. disgusting that a develiped country has such high levels. just so wrong.

No ones disputed the fact that more awareness needs to be made about stillbirths - just on hows best to do so... x

I've read that some people do have knowledge of stillbirth -.lack of movement, bleeding etc and that is great, really really great. But some ladies don't; I admit I didn't myself and I'm sure there are so many other ladies like that. Yes, if I had seen a stillbirth on a programme like OBEM it probably would have terrified me at first but it would have given me a lot more awareness than I did have. Knowledge is power and it is thanks to campaigns like Chloe's count the kicks that get the information and advice out there to pregnant ladies. Issues like this do need high profile coverage sometimes and so I honestly can't see why including it on a show like OBEM can be bad. However, I do appreciate it's scary, I'm scared myself every time I'm pregnant because now I understand how real it is and how even in low risk pregnancies tragedies can suddenly happen. I don't think there is enough coverage of stillbirth - I sometimes buy pregnancy magazines and it's rare an article about stillbirth is featured whereas every single issue there's usually something about comparing buggies, cots etc or articles about just about every other aspect of pregnancy. Do you get info about it in the bounty packs I can't remember?

I never saw anything in a bounty pack MrsB. I actually wrote an article for a national pregnancy magazine, but it was allowed on the condition it had a happy ending. :wacko:

I never saw anything in a bounty pack MrsB. I actually wrote an article for a national pregnancy magazine, but it was allowed on the condition it had a happy ending. :wacko:

No way..!
Did you ask them how your expected to have a happy ending:dohh:

Just rooted through both my bounty packs, one I was given at booking and one at 26 weeks and not one pamphlet, card or piece of Info regarding Stillbirth. :(

No way..!
Did you ask them how your expected to have a happy ending:dohh:

It was a while ago now, so I guess they figured I had my rainbow so that was my happy ending. Even now I am a media case study for Tommy's and they say when they use my information, that it will have to be really thought out where and when to use my story as it is 'so devestating that it had them all in tears in the office'.

Here is the link to the thread on here from when it was published if you fancy a read;

https://www.babyandbump.com/stillbi.../208995-article-wrote-pregnancy-magazine.html

ETA there was a box on the page with SANDS details, stats and stuff x

Just rooted through both my bounty packs, one I was given at booking and one at 26 weeks and not one pamphlet, card or piece of Info regarding Stillbirth. :(

See the ideal place, but instead it is full of advertising crap. And made 1000 times worse by the fact that Bounty still continue to send you emails, letters etc after I (and some of my angel Mummy friends had it happen to) contacted them loads of times to tell them to stop, and even continued when i filled in the bereavement form that tries to get them to stop :growlmad:

See the ideal place, but instead it is full of advertising crap. And made 1000 times worse by the fact that Bounty still continue to send you emails, letters etc after I (and some of my angel Mummy friends had it happen to) contacted them loads of times to tell them to stop, and even continued when i filled in the bereavement form that tries to get them to stop :growlmad:
Slightly off topic, but they're a waste of money really. I dont know who pays for them but like you say there is no information for anything but advertising. If every MW handed a leaflet about fetal movement etc and initial in your notes that you've had it like they do for other stuff they gice you it might just help a bit x

I WILL be watching tonight,because I want to see that it is possible to have happy ending.Im going through a stage at the minute of thinking I will never get that happy ending,and Im hoping tonight will show me that the things I am feeling are normal,and help me realise I will get the happy ending:flower:

I definitely agree with raising the awareness of Stillbirth.I have friends too who never knew that it could happen,they dont know what I went through and they arent prepared to listen.My best friend at the time said to me that I 'havent been through real labour',and that I need to get over it now because Im depressing myself thinking about 'it'-that 'it' being Luke,our son.
People,in my opinion,should be aware that these things can and do happen.I hold my hands up and say that I thought I would hit 12 weeks and everything would be fine.Thats what people are told isnt it?If I had seen a show,like OBEM showing a baby born sleeping then maybe I would have been more insistant when I had a feeling something was wrong with Luke.Maybe then he would still be here.

Its definitely something that should be made known to more women,not to scare them but just to make them aware.Maybe then the numbers of babies born sleeping in this country can be reduced.
And why not show it on OBEM?If a family is willing to show the birth of their beautiful healthy baby and their first few moments with them which for most people is a very private moment,then why should they not show the family of a baby who is born sleeping,having their first few moments with their perfect baby.
People have the decision to switch the TV off

Slightly off topic, but they're a waste of money really. I dont know who pays for them but like you say there is no information for anything but advertising. If every MW handed a leaflet about fetal movement etc and initial in your notes that you've had it like they do for other stuff they gice you it might just help a bit x

It will pampers, fairy etc that cover the cost nicely covered up as informative for mum's to be.

I agree Nic :flower:

Dizz I understand how emotional and passionayt tou are about the subject but every post from you so far has very agressive and obusive, please calm down with the aggresion in your posts because all the valid points your making will get over looked and just the swearing and rudness will be focused on.
There realy isnt a need for such aggresion towards others.

How about no - and I'm not the one launching personal attacks on posters and telling them what to say and not say.

You have a problem with that - then report the posts and get me banned - I'm perfectly prepared to be banned for standing up for what I believe in passionately - that women who suffer pregnancy losses are treated like garbage, most disgustingly by other pregnant women, more expectedly by the medical profession and that it's completely and utterly wrong in a civilised country for that to be deemed acceptable.

There are very few things I actually care enough about to be steam at the ears level angry - but the sickening way pregnant women seem to think it's acceptable to behave toward women who've had pregnancy losses is one that will ALWAYS get me apocalyptic with rage. So sorry - I don't go placidly and hide in the background - continue to dismiss the posts that OTHER PEOPLE are making as well as me as some form of idle ranting (which is what you've been doing for endless pages on here) - before I spoke up you were all gunning for someone else saying the same thing... perhaps we all wouldn't be saying it if there wasn't a stonkingly large problem and a LOT of women fed up with being expected to be the elephant in the room that we don't talk about. Hound and bully me off the thread like you're trying to do - someone else who's known far too much grief and pain will spring up to take my place - and that's going to continue to happen till the world pulls its collective head out of the sand about the darker side of pregnancy and starts talking about things that can and do go wrong - and the devastating impact that it has in terms of shattering couples' lives.

Sorry - I won't go away to spare your sensibilities.

I am gob smacked, I have been on BnB a while and I have never seen people being so unkind.

Really PF? I have seen people be waaaaaaaaaaaay more unkind, in fact FlowerFairy is to me on a daily basis :rofl:

Really PF? I have seen people be waaaaaaaaaaaay more unkind, in fact FlowerFairy is to me on a daily basis :rofl:

I meant in regards to still birth etc.

and you need to be put in your place sometimes women :haha:

Dizz I understand how emotional and passionayt tou are about the subject but every post from you so far has very agressive and obusive, please calm down with the aggresion in your posts because all the valid points your making will get over looked and just the swearing and rudness will be focused on.
There realy isnt a need for such aggresion towards others.

How about no - and I'm not the one launching personal attacks on posters and telling them what to say and not say.

You have a problem with that - then report the posts and get me banned - I'm perfectly prepared to be banned for standing up for what I believe in passionately - that women who suffer pregnancy losses are treated like garbage, most disgustingly by other pregnant women, more expectedly by the medical profession and that it's completely and utterly wrong in a civilised country for that to be deemed acceptable.

There are very few things I actually care enough about to be steam at the ears level angry - but the sickening way pregnant women seem to think it's acceptable to behave toward women who've had pregnancy losses is one that will ALWAYS get me apocalyptic with rage. So sorry - I don't go placidly and hide in the background - continue to dismiss the posts that OTHER PEOPLE are making as well as me as some form of idle ranting (which is what you've been doing for endless pages on here) - before I spoke up you were all gunning for someone else saying the same thing... perhaps we all wouldn't be saying it if there wasn't a stonkingly large problem and a LOT of women fed up with being expected to be the elephant in the room that we don't talk about. Hound and bully me off the thread like you're trying to do - someone else who's known far too much grief and pain will spring up to take my place - and that's going to continue to happen till the world pulls its collective head out of the sand about the darker side of pregnancy and starts talking about things that can and do go wrong - and the devastating impact that it has in terms of shattering couples' lives.

Sorry - I won't go away to spare your sensibilities.

TBH i have suffered losses and my treatment was never as you put like garbage.

I was treated with dignity and so was my daughter.

Sadly I have seen worse than this hun.

And :shock: :shock: :shock: how rude. See this, this is pure nastiness. I think that I havent seen you about for a while cos FF was training you :nope::cry:

Sadly I have seen worse than this hun.

And :shock: :shock: :shock: how rude. See this, this is pure nastiness. I think that I havent seen you about for a while cos FF was training you :nope::cry:
We have similar usernames, therefor it was only natural she came to me for advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back