october 2011 babies!

It's.....a BOY!!! :shock: I was so shocked, I thought for sure girl, lol. But I saw the boy bits right away. It def made finding out THAT much more exciting!! lol :happydance:

congrats everyone!!!! I'm still staying team yellow though! haha! It's almost tempting to find out now (though I've already had my scan so it's too late anyway) because of all the excitement happening with everyone finding out, but the excitement wanes, so I'm keeping that excitement for when I HAVE the bub and can tell everyone what he/she is! hehehe.

Mari881, my placenta is anterior (across the front) too, but I'm certain that it's high up and to the right more, as all movement I've felt was down low and to the left! lol! I can only feel the strong kicks still, but it's still freekin awesome!!! lol

Good morning

My wife and I are expecting our first on the 20th of October and Its our first we had our 20 week scan yesterday but didnt find out the sex so what team are we on?

Has any one started buying things yet? (cots prams ect...)

can any one help us on wether you really need a moses basket or not?
thanks
Kev

Kev, you're with me on team Yellow if you're not finding out the gender! :D hehe.

And the moses basket is just a bassinet isn't it? We have one (and yes, a cot and changing table and an entire nursery all set up... LOL!) as there is no room for a cot in our bedroom, and for those first few months I want bub right by my bed for those night feedings etc. It's up to you though, if you don't want one then don't get one! We intend to have another child later on though so we're getting everything now, planning that it'll all be used a second time before we sell things on again!! lol.

Basically the idea of a bassinet or moses basket is simply to provide a smaller more 'cocoon' environment that the large space of a cot, and also it is usually right in the parents bedroom rather than the nursery where a cot would be situated... Once they're more mobile (rolling over at all) or larger then they move out into the cot, usually at 3-4 months old. By then the feedings and life have settled into a better (although always changing) routine rather than the disruptive life with a newborn! :)

Mari881, my placenta is anterior (across the front) too, but I'm certain that it's high up and to the right more, as all movement I've felt was down low and to the left! lol! I can only feel the strong kicks still, but it's still freekin awesome!!! lol

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I'm starting to feel more now, but it is inconsistent. Felt a couple things that could have been "kicks" but mostly rolling type sensations. Hopefully within the next few weeks it gets stronger!

I can say that once I felt the first real kicks, it was only within a week I was feeling them all the time, so once those kicks DO start getting through, then it's quick progress from there!

Congrats to your to ArmyWife! I am so excited to finally know :D

Thank you! :) I'm excited to finally start shopping & narrowing down names!

I can say that once I felt the first real kicks, it was only within a week I was feeling them all the time, so once those kicks DO start getting through, then it's quick progress from there!

I think I felt a couple today!!!

5 More days until I make another attempt at gender confirmation!!! We have been told a girl, but no one is positive. So, we are going a long like its a girl until we know otherwise. Luckily the private gender scan place will scan me for free until they can tell me for sure!

Ha ha. The hospital was across the street from a mall. As soon as we were done with the scan I dragged my husband over and bought some cute outfits. I couldn't help myself! :blush: Can't wait to give her a name either. It's fun just to start referring her to "she" instead of "it" :)

Ha ha. The hospital was across the street from a mall. As soon as we were done with the scan I dragged my husband over and bought some cute outfits. I couldn't help myself! :blush: Can't wait to give her a name either. It's fun just to start referring her to "she" instead of "it" :)

We did the same thing! we went to start our registry as soon as they said we "think" it's a girl! and bought a couple of cute outfits. Hopefully she stays a girl, otherwise we will have some fun returning things and changing our registry :wacko:

Yep we totally did the same! We celebrated by buying onsies :haha:
& I definitely like being able to say "He"
"He's kicking!" lol :thumbup:

armywife, your having a little BOY. :)congrats

Hi,
Our first baby is due on October 20th! Very exciting that we are over half-way there.

The 20 week scan is on Friday, hoping we can find out the sex so we can start shopping!

x

Preggo brain moment: Trying to use lotion for hand soap & then using toilet paper instead of paper towel...
:shock: ahahahaha!

Preggo brain moment: Trying to use lotion for hand soap & then using toilet paper instead of paper towel...
:shock: ahahahaha!

Awesome! Last night I went to pour hot sauce on my food and realized that I was pouring my drink instead :( A good amount of non alcoholic beer in my dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->