October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

I'm contemplating the capsules of RLT. My muscles need all the help they can get! Lol.

Girl... With ur 28wk bloods, how did u get ur results? I had mine taken on Tuesday and the Midwife said she would call Thursday but I've still not heard anything. She wasn't my usual midwife but she still ensured me she'd call. Is it safe to assume they are all clear, or should I be expecting a letter? I can't remember with my first...

I was given results at my next midwife appointment :) I think if they find anything they don't like they will contact you before x

Hi all :waves:

I'll be going on the RLT capsules at 32 weeks, just one a day increasing steadily so that I'm on 4 a day by 36 weeks (actually might just increase by one a week to make it easy on my baby brain).
I don't really like the taste of the tea, but am quite good at remembering to take tablets so it suits me better.
I know some people worry about them bringing on labour but they certainly didn't for me last time.

28 weeks bloods - I had mine taken a couple of weeks ago and haven't had the results, I'm assuming no news is good news. Will be annoyed if I get there at 34 weeks (next midwife appointment) and they tell me I'm anemic (sp?) or something.

I'll be drinking raspberry leaf tea again towards the end of my pregnancy. Will probably start around 33 / 34 weeks. I did with DD1 as well, though have to admit it didn't do a darn thing for me in labour. Will still try again though

Hi everyone :)
I'm officially due Nov 1st, but will be having an elective c-section at 39weeks, which means I'll have an end of Oct baby girl :) :flower:

I'm still takin pregnacare so I'm assuming that it should all be ok, iron wise at least! It's a bit naughty that she said she'd ring and she didn't... Next appointment is on the 31st

So where is the best place to get the RLT caps from? Holland and Barrett?

I'll be drinking raspberry leaf tea again towards the end of my pregnancy. Will probably start around 33 / 34 weeks. I did with DD1 as well, though have to admit it didn't do a darn thing for me in labour. Will still try again though

What is this supposed to do?

Holland and Barrett is the only place I could fin RLT capsules. Probably other places online though. Struggled to find the tea anywhere else as well, although I didn't look this time, went straight for the capsules.

It's meant to help you contract more efficiency, and recover quicker afterwards.

Personally, I have no idea if it helped or not, but my labour wasn't that long or that bad so, in case it did help I'm going to take it again.

I found this :

It's hard to say for certain, because there is little research on the benefits of raspberry leaf tea. Raspberry leaf tea, also known as red raspberry leaf, is a herbal remedy. It's not the same as raspberry fruit tea.

Raspberry leaf tea is thought to tone the muscles of your uterus (womb) to help it work better during labour. The idea is not so much to speed up your labour, but to help it to progress at a nice, steady pace. Because raspberry leaf tea takes several weeks to accumulate in your body, it won't work to bring on labour if you are overdue.

Nobody knows how long your labour will last. Some mums-to-be have labours that are very long and slow. This is called failure to progress. It is one of the main reasons why you may need a caesarean section. One study did find that women who drank the tea regularly towards the end of their pregnancies had a shorter second, pushing stage of labour than those who didn't.

We do know that raspberry leaf should, like other herbal teas, be drunk in moderation. This is because the chemicals in raspberry leaf tea work their way through your body in the same way as a drug would.

Some doctors and midwives think it is not a good idea to take anything that might interfere with your labour. Our bodies are designed to give birth without any help. Trying to change the course of this natural process could be seen as just another way to induce or speed up your labour.

If you have already had a baby and your labour went smoothly first time around, there is no need for you to drink raspberry leaf tea for your next baby. The fact is that raspberry leaf tea is not right for everyone. Don't take it if:
You've already had a baby and your labour was very short, three or fewer hours from start to finish.

You're scheduled to have a planned caesarean for a medical reason.

You've had a caesarean before.

You've had a premature labour before.

You've had vaginal bleeding in the second half of pregnancy.
It would also be wise not to drink raspberry leaf if you:
Have a family or personal history of breast or ovarian cancer, endometriosis or fibroids.

Have any complications or health problems in your pregnancy.

Have high blood pressure.

Are expecting twins.
If you do decide to try raspberry leaf tea, let your doctor or midwife know that you are planning to drink it. It will work best if you start taking the tea when you're about 32 weeks pregnant. This will give it enough time for it to build up in your body. Begin with one cup a day, gradually increasing to three cups. If you don't like the taste of the tea, you can buy raspberry leaf capsules in health food stores.

If you have strong Braxton Hicks contractions after drinking the tea, cut the amount you drink.

During early labour, while you are at home, you can either sip hot tea or suck ice cubes made from the tea. You could also take a flask of the tea with you into hospital or birth centre. Don't drink the tea if your labour is being induced or if you are having treatment with a hormone drip to speed up labour.

You may like to drink raspberry leaf tea after your baby is born. It's thought to:
boost your immune system, because of the vitamins and minerals it contains
help your uterus to shrink back to its pre-pregnant shape
fight infection, because it has antibacterial qualities

I've just ordered my tea!
I was also on pregnacare and my iron levels were STILL too low... off for my GTT and to collevt my iron pills :( after my 28 week bloods I had aletter from the surgery asking me to come in...I phoned my MW to ask her about it and she didnt even know!!

At our antenatal class one of the ladies asked about RLT and the lady said that midwives could actually tell which ladies had been drinking it prior to labour.

She also said to check with your MW before you start drinking it to make sure it's not too early.

I'm thinking about getting some now.

Update on growth scan... Bub was frank breech (awkward) and weighs roughly 4lb 10oz now :) so I'm happy with that. No complications so far part from position lol

I got the Tea from H&B & it is flavoured with raspberry & apple extracts because, according to my mum, it tastes like dirty dish water otherwise! lol I had a sip & it seemed fine. I thought I'd try the tea before the pills & see how I got on- I paid about £1.75 for 20 bags, it was cheaper to buy in bulk but I wanted to test it out first!! lol

I'm seeing the midwife later on today so will report back what she says when I ask her if it's ok to start drinking from now onwards.

xxx

I don't think I could drink the tea... Tea without milk just seems wrong to me! I tried the slimmer tea from H&B before and didn't even finish my first cup... Yuk!

My midwife turns her nose up at everything but never seems to be bothered to explain y? I tried asking her about my Doppler before n she looked like I'd ask to take a poop in her mouth! I'm not her fan. I'm just gonna do a capsual once a day from 32 weeks and increase after 35. It says it won't bring on labour but may give BH. Tho I'm sure I woke up with a few of them last night anyways...

Hey ladies, sorry to butt in with something unrelated, but check out this story, its amazing - these babies were due on November 3rd!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...uple-weigh-2lbs-flawless-minute-delivery.html

Oh my gosh, they are so tiny! ANd all our babies are bigger than them ladies :)

Carly - I don't think midwives like dopplers because people tend to panic if they can't find the baby even though everything is ok really.
Mine looked appalled last time when I even dared to suggest that I might do some exercise during pregnancy rather than sit on my bum for 9 months. Wouldn't mind but I bet if the next woman she saw was very overweight she'd be recommending the opposite!
This time she seems ok, a bit more sensible, but then I probably haven't asked her anything either.

My consultant said she didn't like the 4d scans, but I think that was from a medical point of view because they don't add anything. She wasn't against people having them, but didn't see they add any medical benefit - fair enough, not really why you have them though is it?

goodness what a story! wow.

having such bad liagament pain at the moment combined with BH that are making me ache!!!

Internal Bruising! ouch!

My midwife hates dopplers - not because people can panic - but the opposite! She says that people think their own heartbeat is babies and then assume everything's ok when it might not be. There's a big difference between the two HB's though, I'm sure very few people can mistake their own for the babies lol! I think they just assume we're stupid x

Ohh and she hates 4D scans too, thinks they're a waste of money and doesn't see the point. It seems that everything pregnant ladies get excited about are the things midwives hate :p

The midwife said they can't advise about when to take it, but it won't do any harm, she thought maybe wait until nearer 34 weeks.

Think I might have a few a week then up to every day at 34 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->