October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

I've only seen one different MW... She asked me if im a victim of domestic violence... I said no, he is. She didn't find it funny...

why the hell did she ask that???? haha

I was asked this too...

It's on the green papers... They've never asked me coz I've always gone to my appointments with the OH... Did they ask whilst the OH was there???

Having been a victim of domestic abuse whilst pregnant in the past I can hand on heart say that I'm glad they ask this... Sometimes it's harder to tell someone until someone asks. I was provided with the support to leave that relationship thanks to this.

Now I'm in such a lovely one I don't think they need to ask when they see us together... We're like laurel n hardy haha

I don't remember ever being asked about domestic violence.

The funniest thing I do remember being asked was what method of contraception I was going to use before I left the hospital with my 2 day old baby having been stitched up post birth. Both my husband and I pointed out that they didn't need to worry about us being back in 9 months time!
I was also asked the same thing by the first midwife to visit us at home, and my gp at my six week check (I guess in case I wanted to go on the pill or something). I wonder if they think all pregnancies are accidental or something???

I was asked about domestic violence at my 24 week appointment. It was the first one I had without OH being there and she said they'd only ask if we were alone and they don't record it in your notes either.

Loving your response Carly :haha:

I got asked this time about domestic abuse but not with my first? OH was at neither of them.

Is everyone nearly sorted? Decided that i'm going to start washing baby's stuff. We haven't got alot for bump yet id rather buy gender clothes when he/she is here but still has more then enough to keep us going.
Hospital bags are nearly done too.

:)

Totally off topic but does anybody else's bump "disappear"? This is from today at 33+1!

And we've got/done everything apart from her room which is in progress lol she'll be in a crib with us for a bit though so will be fine :) doing my hospital bags bit by bit too! How about you? xx

Attachments

• 33-disappeared bump!.jpg
    33-disappeared bump!.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 7
where can you get decent changing bags that aren't stupidly expensive? Having a bit of trouble trying to get one that's big enough and not £50!! I've seen some on Amazon but i kind of want to get one from a shop to check the size... any suggestions?

Totally off topic but does anybody else's bump "disappear"? This is from today at 33+1!

And we've got/done everything apart from her room which is in progress lol she'll be in a crib with us for a bit though so will be fine :) doing my hospital bags bit by bit too! How about you? xx

Mine disappears too. Also sometimes it's rock solid and huge and other times its squishy and I don't look very pregnant. Must be baby's position!

I did have my hospital bag half packed, but then needed to use the bag so unpacked it again! Going to get that done this week. What do you have left to pack? I'm scared I've forgotten something.. got the lucozade energy tablets though that's the most important thing ;) x

My bump felt massive yesterday but is back to normal again today, think it's just how she's laying.

My changing bag matches my travel system - think it was about £30. Once he got a bit older and DH was taking him out more we just switched to a normal satchel type bag. My friend just got a big handbag from debenhams in the sale.

Mine disappears too. Also sometimes it's rock solid and huge and other times its squishy and I don't look very pregnant. Must be baby's position!

I did have my hospital bag half packed, but then needed to use the bag so unpacked it again! Going to get that done this week. What do you have left to pack? I'm scared I've forgotten something.. got the lucozade energy tablets though that's the most important thing ;) x

Oo i'm glad it's not just me lol it freaked me out!

Packed her bag already, put pjs, maternity + breast pads and toiletries in mine.. got lots more to put in! Yeah a lotta snacks + drinks are going in too lol ribena cordial I think xx

I keep adding and taking things out of mine but babys is all done. I do keep thinking ive forgotten something. Then i write a list of bits i need and then forget to take the list with me!
I did buy some relentless to put in for OH but im sure ill be pinching one if needs be.

Room wise he/she will be in with us for a while then sharing with his/her brother till we find somewhere bigger to move to. Gutted i havent had to do a nursery yet.

my midwife is a descent sort, she will only do a sweep if it viable though, so we will see. xx

Oo i'm glad it's not just me lol it freaked me out!

Packed her bag already, put pjs, maternity + breast pads and toiletries in mine.. got lots more to put in! Yeah a lotta snacks + drinks are going in too lol ribena cordial I think xx

Lol yes! Mine... I swear if bub wasn't proven to be growing in there I'd be sure I was shrinking.

Also... Has anyone else noticed their boobs shrink too? Or do you think it's just coz they're next to the bump that they're looking smaller?

I think your boobs look smaller cos your belly is getting bigger. Do your bra's still fit the same?

I'm feeling very unprepared at the moment. Nursery still needs painting and carpet putting down, not started washing any of her clothes yet (I have tons to do!) and not even thought about packing my hospital bag. Need to start buying things to put in it first lol.

My bump shrinks during the night if I sleep on my back, and is definitely smaller in the morning than it is in the evening.

As for boobs, mine are definitely getting bigger again and I can tell my DD stopped breastfeeding recently as they're getting quite a lot fuller and harder.

With regards to the domestic violence...
I wasn't asked this time, probably due to the fact that all my midwife appointments have been at home and the midwife has a good feel for what our family is like. I did get asked with my first pregnancy, in fact they called me in on my own and told DH to stay in the waiting room. I personally found it a little insulting the way they handled it, but I can see why they ask.

I think it's good they ask. I didn't know anyone who had been asked tho! Don't really like that I was asked in front of my 8 yr old tho... For starters I had a million questions "why" afterwards, and second: if I was a victim, which I had been before with his father, I can imagine the child casually mentioning it to the OH! "mammy told the nurse u smack her today" :/

My bump shrinks during the night if I sleep on my back, and is definitely smaller in the morning than it is in the evening.

As for boobs, mine are definitely getting bigger again and I can tell my DD stopped breastfeeding recently as they're getting quite a lot fuller and harder.

With regards to the domestic violence...
I wasn't asked this time, probably due to the fact that all my midwife appointments have been at home and the midwife has a good feel for what our family is like. I did get asked with my first pregnancy, in fact they called me in on my own and told DH to stay in the waiting room. I personally found it a little insulting the way they handled it, but I can see why they ask.

i had to buy new bra's the other day so i just got 3 sizes bigger then what i normally am hoping that it will last until after my milk dries up

No strumpage for me I'm afraid - consultant put us on a ban at our first appointment :(
Blummin spoilsport

last day at work tomorrow - whoop whoop!
Can't wait to hand my phone in and say goodbye to all the hassles

In other breaking news:
Kitchen ceiling and one wall is now plastered - am thinking it all should be finished by friday :thumbup:

I should probably catch up more than I have, but instead I am just jumping right in and kinda gonna try to pick up from there lol

We are in the midst of trying to finish the nursery, putting hardwood down today as a matter of fact. Walls are painted, so now need to finish the floors, doors, and the trim/crown. Then we can start putting some furniture in there!! I hope that is all done by next weekend so I can start mucking around in there.

I can't wait to finish work :( I'm going off a week early than what I planned now tho so sooner we can get september out the way the better!!

My house is still all up in the air... Stairs and landing is painted but only half glossed, and waitin for carpet to be fitted. Baby's room finally seems to have dried out from the plastering and floor coming up today so fingers crossed we will soon start seein results on that! As much as I want it done I want all the half finished jobs done first tho... OH won't except any help and it's makin me want to launch him in the face! "just finish my effing house dammit!!!!!"

Enjoy ur last days urchin! Hope u get spoilt! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->