October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Oh my gosh i feel completely worn out!!! All i wanted to do yesterday was sleep and now i'm sat at work and it's even worse!! Please let today just hurry up!
Hope everyone's doing alright?

I'm like this all the time. Gets to 11 and I could do with a nice afternoon nap. Very rare chance I get to get one mind. Roll on next week when I leave work.

How long have you got left at work?

me too!!

its only just startes at 30 weeks tho, the 30 week wall!!
i still have 3 & a half weeks left but had a coffee after lunch today n coped alright :) usually at exactly 2 oclock i start yawning and cant get off my bum!! lol not long now !!

I seem to have accidentally unsubscribed from this thread - silly echinoid!

I guess I should update:
Ante-natal went well - I have the go-ahead for the c-section ... I'll get my date when I go back on 13th sept :D

They did find excess fluid on the scan though, so I am booked in for the GT test on friday to rule out GD
Other possibilities are the odd position Eenie's lying in, having squooshed all the fluid into one place - she's transverse/diagonal most of the time
Viral infection like slapped cheek (but I think I would know if I'd had that)
Or more serious problems like Downs or Hydrocaphalus.

But, chances are it's either something very simple, or something and nothing, so I'm not stressing about it.

What I am stressing about is the GTT - they've booked it for 2pm and I've just read the leaflet and it says nothing to eat from 9pm the night before, and the test takes 2.5 hours ... soooo no food til 4.30pm?? are they serious???

Just rang the hospital - the date wasn't for a GTT at all, it was for a scan :shrug:
But the GTT lady has made me an appointment for 4th sept at 9am ... a much more sensible time!

9am is a much more sensible time. I had mine at that time in the morning and it was fine. They use orange lucozade at my hospital so all the sugar kept me going until I got home about 12pm for something to eat. Good luck, hopefully it's just the way she is lying that is causing the fluid.

We had original lucozade...my test was 9.30 am... in the wait time I went to the shop and bought some noms to eat in the car before I headed home!lol

Urchin.... Bit of advice for you for your GTT day

Wear removable layers... It was ridiculously hot in that room when we went

Also don't get your hopes up for lucozade... Brum are cheap... You get this mingin lemon/orange squash thing... So gross lol

Oh and take a book or something to do... Coz you gotta sit for 2 hours and do nothing

:D

Good luck with it lemme know how you go

Oh my gosh i feel completely worn out!!! All i wanted to do yesterday was sleep and now i'm sat at work and it's even worse!! Please let today just hurry up!
Hope everyone's doing alright?

I'm like this all the time. Gets to 11 and I could do with a nice afternoon nap. Very rare chance I get to get one mind. Roll on next week when I leave work.

How long have you got left at work?

still got 5 weeks to go!! and they are dragging their a$$!

Well I just had my antenatal appointment. Baby is head down but not engaged yet. Back and bum is to the left and her hands and feel are beating up my right side. Blood tests were good, boarder line low haemoglobin but not puttin me on iron. And baby has shot up from between the 10th and 50th to just below the 90th! Gone from 25cm to 31cm in 3 wks... And there was me thinkin I hadn't grown none! Just missed out on a growth scan. Boo. Lol

Urchin... Welcome bk!

cheers CJ!

I had a sneaky feeling the Womens wouldnt have anything as nice as proper lucozade :(
I'm not really too worried about it tbh - I don't think the excess fluid is signalling anything sinister, and if it is GD, it's only 5 weeks without cake so I'm sure I will survive :thumbup:

Would have to talk to them about providing myself with a GD diet when I have no kitchen though - is all very well saying wholewheat pasta and brown rice, but I have nowhere to cook anything!

5 weeks without cake? U r stronger than me... Lol.

How much longer til ur kitchen is complete?

Whewp whewp CJ, good to know she's heading downwards!!
Bit of a shame to miss out on a growth scan, but at least she's growing!

Had a bit of a scary moment yesterday! Was getting almost constant Braxtons for about 3 hours and hadn't felt him move in two! Phoned delivery and they told me to put my feet up and drink cold water, 30 mins later he was beating me up from the inside!! Was a massive relief feeling those little punches.

5 weeks without cake? U r stronger than me... Lol.

How much longer til ur kitchen is complete?

Dunno - I no longer have a kitchen fitter, so until I find one everything is on hold :(

It will only be 4 weeks by the time I have the GTT - am sure I can manage that ... can't i?

Nixtey - I get days like that all the time ... because of my anterior placenta, any kicks she aims to the centre I don't feel, so I can go almost a whole day without feeling anything - it's nerve wracking for sure

Urchin - yeah I have an anterior as well, but he doesn't normally kick to the front so i do normally feel him to the sides quite a lot... he must've just been having a nap!

Big TMI but i dunno i'm 33 + 4 and a FTM so i think i can be a bit paranoid!:
Just went for a BM and afterwards saw a massive stringy bit of discharge dangling from me... not coloured with blood or anything but not normal for me... should i be worried?

Urchin - yeah I have an anterior as well, but he doesn't normally kick to the front so i do normally feel him to the sides quite a lot... he must've just been having a nap!

Just went for a BM and afterwards saw a massive stringy bit of discharge dangling from me... not coloured with blood or anything but not normal for me... should i be worried?

No reason to worry at all. Your discharge increases during pregnancy, and in 3rd tri it's completely normal to have a lot of (stringy) discharge. You may even find that you need to start wearing panty liners soon to stop your underwear getting soaked. You can also start losing parts of your mucus plug, so even if you found some stringy bloody discharge it's nothing to worry about.

No reason to worry at all. Your discharge increases during pregnancy, and in 3rd tri it's completely normal to have a lot of (stringy) discharge. You may even find that you need to start wearing panty liners soon to stop your underwear getting soaked. You can also start losing parts of your mucus plug, so even if you found some stringy bloody discharge it's nothing to worry about.

phew! Thanks for replying! I think that being pregnant is making me into a crazy lady! The things i think of!
Once again, thanks!

Nixty - it is nice to know she's still head down. She has been all along and caused me quite a bit of pain as a result, so if she DARES turn now, she'll be very much grounded when she's born!!! Lol. It a shame about missing out on a scan, but from what I've read today, they say a cm for each week u are so at 31 wks, I should be 31cms? :shrug:

CM is ruining my life. I'm so fed up of it... Between that and leaky boobs I've had a guts full. I just wanna be dry and pants and bra free!! Lol.

Urchin - aw no!! Where has he gone?! That's not ideal is it.. Hope u find someone else soon. I'm fed up of my house as it is and we are only doing the box room for the baby!

(You can call me Nix btw)

CJ - Yeah apparently you should be 1 cm per week, but last week i measured 29 because he'd dropped down so much! Scared my partner as he thought that meant LO was on his way NOW!

I've been quite lucky when it comes to leaky boobs... none so far! :happydance: but yeah, CM's a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->