October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

I'm working right up to my dd but my first baby was 10 days late so kind of expecting this one to be late too.

My boss thought this and she got a shock when her bubs came 8 days early before she had even started mat leave!!

He he - I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully bubs will decide to come first thing in the morning so I can just ring work and tell them I won't be coming in :)
I'm going to plan on leaving a clean edge each night for all of October just in case.

I'm finishing on the 26th Sept at 37 + 4 but i'm taking 7 days of hol so technically only start my mat leave on the 8th of Oct when i'll be 39 + 2 :D
getting harder to roll out of bed in the morning though!

It's interesting to see when all you girls are stopping work, I'm still undecided. :shrug: I work in a school, with mostly preschoolers, so it's very "physical", with lots of getting on/off the floor, sitting in little furniture, walking back and forth between classrooms and my office. So we'll see how long I last. I had originally planned to work as long as possible, but found out that I will actually end up getting paid more through my short term disability if I go out a little early, and still have him on time (so leave work mid-October and have him at the end of October). So now I think I'm aiming to make it until the middle of October. But I also don't want to be just sitting home and waiting for him to come, especially since I think he's going to be late! :dohh:

I'm finishing on the 26th Sept at 37 + 4 but i'm taking 7 days of hol so technically only start my mat leave on the 8th of Oct when i'll be 39 + 2 :D
getting harder to roll out of bed in the morning though!

I have the same problems with getting out of the bed plus getting off the couch, floor bending, everything has just become harder.

I finished work really early compared to when everyone else is finishing! Mat leave kicks in at 35 weeks and I've been finished since 30+2 (had a lot of holidays). I was planning to work until the begining of October but I couldn't hack it any more. Not sure if I'll be going back either, with only working part time my wages wouldn't cover childcare for 2 kids so seems pointless. We'll see though, I'm bored at home already lol.

I finished work last Thursday - I have 5 weeks leave to take, then mat leave kicks in 3 days before my DD

...and I am LOVING not having to go to work :dance:

I finish tomorrow :) had midwife today. Little lady is on the brink of engaging, but she back to back so gotta try turn her

have had BH all day!!! my body is now more than ready for the real thing surely.

then Caleb had hicccups for a whole hour, was funny feeling it right down in me bits. :wacko:

i had some BH today but was proper sore!took my breath away and made me say bad words!lol ok now tho but a bit tired and emotional :(

I finished work really early compared to when everyone else is finishing! Mat leave kicks in at 35 weeks and I've been finished since 30+2 (had a lot of holidays). I was planning to work until the begining of October but I couldn't hack it any more. Not sure if I'll be going back either, with only working part time my wages wouldn't cover childcare for 2 kids so seems pointless. We'll see though, I'm bored at home already lol.

i would have left by now if i had enough leave.. but only got about 2 weeks paid :( but on the upside only 12 shifts left!! :happydance:

I'm leaving on the 17th, both OH and I work together but were made redundant. I have 2 weeks holidays to take (yaaaay!) and OH has managed together a much better paid job so it's starting to fall into place.

12 working days left to go, not that I am counting or anything. :p

Xxxx

i still have 4 weeks left at work. booo! had enough now! so that will take me to 37 weeks, then i have 2 weeks of annual leave before my official maternity leave starts.

what about you??

Unsure- I am a teacher and thought we broke up on 20th October so put my leave date as 26th ( due 27th) so I would get full pay over the weeks holiday. However we don't break up until 26th ( I was wrong) and don't think I will be able to go to then so undecided. Thinking about 22 - week before. With it being my first am unsure how hard last few weeks will be so anyone with experience I would appretiate input!

Hi.
I am a teacher and have LOVED having 6 weeks off to prepare for baby and relax a bit. I am due on 22nd Oct (Monday of half term for us - good timing baby!) and my last day of work will be 28th September. I think the long days and the journey has put me off, you really don't want to be knackered when your baby is due!!! Lots of germs in Autumn term too! xxx

I'm leaving on the 17th, both OH and I work together but were made redundant. I have 2 weeks holidays to take (yaaaay!) and OH has managed together a much better paid job so it's starting to fall into place.

12 working days left to go, not that I am counting or anything. :p

Xxxx

Counting? I've made a little countdown for my desk so I get to cross off each shift! Haha. Only 16 to go after today... 92 working hrs! Lol

i would have left by now if i had enough leave.. but only got about 2 weeks paid :( but on the upside only 12 shifts left!! :happydance:

Ah well that's not too bad, I remember when I had 18 shifts left, it felt like forever but soon came around so hopefully yours will too :D

On another note, is anyone going to the baby show that's on this weekend in Manchester? I was gutted when I couldn't go to the Birmingham one but glad to see they've done one closer to home. Not much point in going seeing as I've pretty much got everything now but I don't care, sure I'll see more that I'll want haha.

the baby show is really good, i went to the b.ham one in May and got lots of freebies and bits and bobs!

anyone else got a ridiculous thirst at the moment? i must have sank about 3 pints of water during the night because i felt so thirsty and today im on my second glass of water and have already have a cup of tea and a big glass of fresh juice!!!!

i still have 4 weeks left at work. booo! had enough now! so that will take me to 37 weeks, then i have 2 weeks of annual leave before my official maternity leave starts.

what about you??

Unsure- I am a teacher and thought we broke up on 20th October so put my leave date as 26th ( due 27th) so I would get full pay over the weeks holiday. However we don't break up until 26th ( I was wrong) and don't think I will be able to go to then so undecided. Thinking about 22 - week before. With it being my first am unsure how hard last few weeks will be so anyone with experience I would appretiate input!

Hi.
I am a teacher and have LOVED having 6 weeks off to prepare for baby and relax a bit. I am due on 22nd Oct (Monday of half term for us - good timing baby!) and my last day of work will be 28th September. I think the long days and the journey has put me off, you really don't want to be knackered when your baby is due!!! Lots of germs in Autumn term too! xxx

I know - great timing being off for holidays. My head has not put me class based will be doing data and cover if people off and booster groups so hopefully workload won't be as bad as could be with loads of marking! She wanted me to have flexibility to leave early if needed. Know what you mean about autumn germs- not even back and already loaded with cold!!!! Problem is I can only really afford to be off for 6 months ish but I need to try and stay off til June as we don't want to have to start child are til the following September as we would have to pay a retainer on the place over summer which is pointless when we are both off ( oh is a teacher too). Don't have family near us but can get my mum to look after for 3 weeks then oh for remaining which would take us back to summer holidays... Problem for this to come into effect I need to work as long as poss to dd. currently thinking about finishing at 39 weeks but suppose will have to see how things go!

what about you??

Hi.

I know - great timing being off for holidays. My head has not put me class based will be doing data and cover if people off and booster groups so hopefully workload won't be as bad as could be with loads of marking! She wanted me to have flexibility to leave early if needed. Know what you mean about autumn germs- not even back and already loaded with cold!!!! Problem is I can only really afford to be off for 6 months ish but I need to try and stay off til June as we don't want to have to start child are til the following September as we would have to pay a retainer on the place over summer which is pointless when we are both off ( oh is a teacher too). Don't have family near us but can get my mum to look after for 3 weeks then oh for remaining which would take us back to summer holidays... Problem for this to come into effect I need to work as long as poss to dd. currently thinking about finishing at 39 weeks but suppose will have to see how things go!

Wow! You are lucky not being in a class. I wish I was just doing cover or management stuff. I do have the luxury of a full time TA though, which will help sooooo much!!!! My daughter is nearly 7 and I have childcare issues too, so am scraping through September and no more childcare from October!!! Good luck with work, am sure everyone will look after us! Keep going as long as possible. . . . :wacko:

the baby show is really good, i went to the b.ham one in May and got lots of freebies and bits and bobs!

anyone else got a ridiculous thirst at the moment? i must have sank about 3 pints of water during the night because i felt so thirsty and today im on my second glass of water and have already have a cup of tea and a big glass of fresh juice!!!!

I am soooo thirsty recently, feels like I've had a big night out! I take a bottle of water everywhere with me at the moment, as soon as I have had one drink I need another! Not really helping with the toilet situation!!! :haha:

Finished today, and I gave in and have done my first load of washing :)

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/IMAG0150.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->