October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

I'm staying clear of the RLT. I have never tried it but this time I am probably likely to go from twinge to pushing faster than a rocket :) I also doubt I will make it past 39 weeks! Famous last words right ;)

5 Year they making you wait another day, they are obviously happy to let you go another day.

:hug:

congrats on your wee girlie mummy1995 xxx

I've started on the EPO but not RLT yet. I'm not a fan of fruit teas so may try the capsules instead.

I have ordered LO's wardrobe and chest of drawers today and they will be delivered on Sept 13th. That should give OH enough time to finish the bathroom and then get the nursery decorated, while I supervise of course ;)

I have decided to speak to the mw on Monday about the possibility of a home birth. I know it's a bit late in the day but I never really thought anyone would let me as this is my first. But I have been getting so anxious about the thought of going to hospital (never been in hospital before) that OH said why didn't we ask about it? I've never been keen on the idea of an epidural anyway as I don't want anyone injecting stuff in to my spine so pain relief isn't an issue, I'd look at getting a birthing pool. Well since I've started thinking I could do it I have started to feel so much better that it seems like it must be the right choice for me. Of course my mw could say she doesn't think it's a good idea and it could be a non-starter but she has been so supportive, is very experienced and is one of my area's home birth mw's (she doesn't work from the hospital) so I think she could well be open to it.

I'd love a home birth Maisie but my OH isn't having any of it at all :(

That's a shame :( My OH was born at home himself so I think he really likes the idea of our daughter being born here. He's also not a big fan of hospitals so it does seem like a good idea for both of us to feel less anxious.

I'm in the same boat. Although not sure I am 100% into it, just like the idea :haha:. My OH said he would support it if I wanted it but would not be happy about it. He is obsessed with things going wrong. My midwife is all for the homebirth for me, she is worried I might not make it in time if I try to get to hospital, just have to see how it pans out when the time comes.

Mine just flat vitos it! He's had 4 male friends tell him how fab it is, how they get to watch sky sports while waiting, and can go to the fridge as he likes... But he's still not having it. Lol.
I blame his mother tho. She works at the hospital so she's very "pro" hospital... It's taken this long to get him to resign to the fact I am going to BF after his mum starte makin gagging motions after I mentioned it. How I haven't lost my head with her I don't know... Really gone off her during this pregnancy tho...

I'm gonna let it go this time, but for baby number 3 I won't be takin any shit. His "but it's my first" excuse won't work anymore :)

Mine just flat vitos it! He's had 4 male friends tell him how fab it is, how they get to watch sky sports while waiting, and can go to the fridge as he likes... But he's still not having it. Lol.
I blame his mother tho. She works at the hospital so she's very "pro" hospital... It's taken this long to get him to resign to the fact I am going to BF after his mum starte makin gagging motions after I mentioned it. How I haven't lost my head with her I don't know... Really gone off her during this pregnancy tho...

I'm gonna let it go this time, but for baby number 3 I won't be takin any shit. His "but it's my first" excuse won't work anymore :)

WTF!? You have more patience than me, I'd have flipped at this. I've been lucky that OH and I are on the same page in pretty much everything so far. It was never even considered that I WOULDN'T try to BF. As for the home birth thing, like I say, it may be a non-starter yet if the mw is against it but we have been talking about it over the weekend and are both really keen on the idea.

Good grief! I would be seriously pissed off if my m-i-l tried to interfere with my plan to BF. TBH it's normal in my family and everyone has at least tried - not everyone has been successful, but everyone has at least tried.

Mrs Urch-in-Law did get upset last time we were over (she'd had a fair amount of wine) when I told her she wouldn't be able to feed Eenie at Christmas. We took the P out of her something chronic the next day :rofl:

I've just managed to smile and then go and rant at my own mum about her. The other day she bought an outfit aged 6-9mths. Jeans, long sleeves and a hooded gilet. I said "it's lovely, but it'll be summer then" that baby will be in it after christmas. She's gonna be big." I don't think my 3 mth old will be in 6-9.. Rather insulted by it actually.. Dunno if it's the hormones or what but I'm finding her hard to take lately. Lol.

Don't really care what she thinks about breast feedin to be honest. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to come to my house to witness it :) easy!

I've just managed to smile and then go and rant at my own mum about her. The other day she bought an outfit aged 6-9mths. Jeans, long sleeves and a hooded gilet. I said "it's lovely, but it'll be summer then" that baby will be in it after christmas. She's gonna be big." I don't think my 3 mth old will be in 6-9.. Rather insulted by it actually.. Dunno if it's the hormones or what but I'm finding her hard to take lately. Lol.

Don't really care what she thinks about breast feedin to be honest. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to come to my house to witness it :) easy!

I wouldn't say that, my daughter was in 6-9 month clothes at 3 months but she was also a big baby when she was born.

My hubby and 9 year old are finishing the yard work today and tomorrow I'm tackling the inside of the house while hubby watches the kids

my MIL breastfed all of hers til 2 years old and all but her first were home births...just hr and her DH, no midwife, nothing! lol so OH wasnt keen on the hospital thing...but then she said she didnt expect me to home birth and that i should do what i need to do to make me comfortable and then my OH realised she was right so hes been pretty good...hes not keen on morphine cause it crosses to baby but he knows he wont stop me if i need it :)

Mine obviously didn't... But my own mother didnt either and she regrets not giving it a go. I regret not tryin harder with my first so I'm damn sure that I'll be tryin harder this time. Regardless of her opinion. My OH has kinda come round to it, but isn't so keen on the whole "in public" issue, but he'll get over that. He'll have to. :shrug: must admit, I found the whole pregnancy/baby thing a lot easier when I did it solo! Lol

I have been looking for an October due date thread. Can I join please? :)
My 1st ultrasound said Oct 31st and the 2nd said Nov 2nd. With my 2nd baby coming a month early I'm thinking I'll be having this baby in October.

Will update list soon.... Been so tired so only been on iPad and not lappy lately.

Btw.... OMG!!!!!!!!

I'm on the last box of my tickkkkkkkkerrrrrrrrr :happydance:

So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back