October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Oh girls, I meant to ask... We were told at the class today to STOP SHAVING from 4 wks before EDD. Summit to do with infection in the hair follicals or summit. I think I stopped
Listening from the shock! Anyone else told this?

What??? That is one of my biggest worries! I have told dh he has to give me time to shave before taking me into hospital- in fact I have told him to help me tidy up the garden ( sorry if tmi) as because of belly I can't see what i am doing! None of the women in one born every min seem to have a months growth- if I leave mine that long I will look like a man!!!!!!! So not happening!!!!!!

It's higher risk of infection if u end up having a C Section... I'd never heard of it. And I'm sure I shaved last time! She said to trim but don't shave. Trimming would be harder than shavin I bet... Yuck. I'll feel like a hippy! Lol

I have been completely manicured down there and never had any problems before

I'm slightly :)blush: ok very) overgrown at the minute but I can't see a thing down there!! im gunna immac it off at 37 weeks so I don't get a shaving rash :thumbup:

In the older days they also used to shave you when you came in to have the baby

Oooo Gamblesrh how exciting, you could very well have a september baby ... no abandoning us for the September thread now!

Carly - I'm just shaking my head in disbelief ... in what way does he think he has any say in how you give birth? Give him a slap from me!
No one has mentioned not shaving to me either - though I must admit I've not managed to get anywhere near my nether regions for quite some time now and I dread to think what's going on down there :rofl:

AFM i failed my GTT yesterday ... by 0.1.... nought point friggin one, I ask you!
So I'm off to see the diabetic nurse next week and the dietitian, and until then it's no sugar for me :(
Am hoping that because I only just failed they won't be too strict with the carbs, but who knows :shrug:

Hi fellow October mummies, I've fallen a bit behind with this thread so just been having a quick read through the last few posts to see how everyone's getting on.

I'm so shocked to hear that about shaving. I never thought that would be an issue. I did mine the day, and what a mission that was, don't plan on doing it again now. I'm still summoning up the energy to attempt a trim.......

Hope everyone's well, I can't believe how close it is til our little ones start arriving :happydance:

I've never heard of the shaving thing either, think I would pretend to not have heard it lol. I also thought they would shave you if they had time before doing a section.
And the waterbirth - your body, your choice I'd say.

Glad I've subscribed to this thread I would never have found it if they've moved it!

And the email thing - I think I've set my preferences so they aren't allowed to email me somehow because I never get anything.

Oooo Gamblesrh how exciting, you could very well have a september baby ... no abandoning us for the September thread now!

Carly - I'm just shaking my head in disbelief ... in what way does he think he has any say in how you give birth? Give him a slap from me!
No one has mentioned not shaving to me either - though I must admit I've not managed to get anywhere near my nether regions for quite some time now and I dread to think what's going on down there :rofl:

AFM i failed my GTT yesterday ... by 0.1.... nought point friggin one, I ask you!
So I'm off to see the diabetic nurse next week and the dietitian, and until then it's no sugar for me :(
Am hoping that because I only just failed they won't be too strict with the carbs, but who knows :shrug:

I won't abandon any one here, I hoping he comes soon, because I don't want him to be born on my daughters birthday

Im feeling like poop today...in a lot of bain in my back and pelvis (nerve stuff mainly) and just so tired...also kinda headachey and headlight, but not quite IYKWIM?
just feeling a bit off :(

Aw Urchin, that's rubbish....0.1! Like you say hopefully they wont be too strict with it being borderline and on a positive note at least you only have a few more weeks rather than months.

I haven't heard of the shaving thing either. I haven't seen mine in a while to be fair but from the look of horror on OH's face when I got out the shower the other day I'm guessing it ain't pretty :blush: I shall be ignoring that advice and having a trim before the big day!

that sucks urchin! cant beleive you were so close as well!

sorry you are feeling off islander, i hate days like that.

im really struggling with the whole shaving thing, managing to do my legs once a week and me other bits about once every 2 weeks but it hurts and is hard to do! there is no way i can leave it for 4 weeks!!!!
also yesterday i looked at my feet and they were all puffy and swollen and i have massive kankles! the joys of the last stages of pregnancy eh!

I saw my midwife today who agrees with me that the fluid and GTT results are nothing to worry about ... we were talking about it while she was doing my BP (which was fine as usual) and she said 'you're not worried at all are you?' :rofl:

I was doing laser removal before I got pregnant, but now I'm waxing since I can't shave or see. I will definitely be waxing possible 39 - or 40 weeks... again!

I try to shave every time I take a shower but it's hard and as long as I do it at least one a week now I think I'll be fine come birthday

My only concern urchin would be not having my 3 bars of chocolate a day lol.

Ive taken my 2nd sick day today. Don't know wat I did yesterday but my pelvis is in bits. I cried out a few times last night and each time Tom flew out of bed thinking "This is it!" had a load of downwards dragging and back ache too so wondering if baby is engaging maybe?

My only concern urchin would be not having my 3 bars of chocolate a day lol.

Ive taken my 2nd sick day today. Don't know wat I did yesterday but my pelvis is in bits. I cried out a few times last night and each time Tom flew out of bed thinking "This is it!" had a load of downwards dragging and back ache too so wondering if baby is engaging maybe?

My midwife told me yesterday that when the baby engages you can sometimes feel mild contraction-like pains so that sounds very promising for you! I was sure my baby was engaged cos of all the pressure down there but turns out she's not quite, but very nearly.

Time to get bouncing on my birthing ball!

How early can baby engage? I had awful contraction type pain today and couldn't move for a minute Also like stabbing pain in pelvis. It's went away though, wonder if she could be engaging? My lungs don't feel any less squished though grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->