October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Hi all. Had my 34 week midwife appt today and bump measured 37cm or more. Am booked in for a growth scan next Tuesday. Anyone else had similar experience?! I know I will worry until Tuesday now, I do look very big - bump only, lost weight everywhere else! Blood and urine always been fine.
Advice please!!! :wacko:

Hi all. Had my 34 week midwife appt today and bump measured 37cm or more. Am booked in for a growth scan next Tuesday. Anyone else had similar experience?! I know I will worry until Tuesday now, I do look very big - bump only, lost weight everywhere else! Blood and urine always been fine.

Really don't worry about it. U'll have ur scan and they will measure the baby. Bump measurements can be a result of many different factors and are often miles out when you get to have the scan. Have they tested for GD? I wouldn't worry and be happy u get to see ur baby again. :)

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Fundal height is so subjective, two different people can come up with two totally different measurements. I had a scan at 35 weeks to check baby's position and they took the measurements and he was estimated to weigh over 7lbs already. He was still breech today so I may be scheduling a c-section for 39 weeks. Despite having a fairly big baby, my fundal height has always measured right on, so I don't think they are too accurate to go by.

I had placenta scan today and it's moved out the way so can have a water birth yaay :D She had to resort an internal scan because babies head was way down low, I asked if her head was completely free and she said no!! Didn't think they started to engage this early. I suspected she had though because I've been in quite a bit of pain since Sunday. The midwife didn't want to palpate to check how engaged though incase she 'stirred things up' because had already been poked and prodded so much with scanner and she thinks I have an irritable uterus.

Has anyone else had the head engage this early? I wonder if it means she'll arrive early!

Hope you're all well :flower:

Oh and I asked her estimated weight and she said it was around 5 pounds, so looks like we'll have a nice teeny or normal sized baby, no monsters! :)

Lara on ur first, they can engage early. I'm sure Elliot did too. Don't think it means anything will happen soon, just baby is ready :) with a first it's more likely to stay put too. I've been told although my baby has been head down throughout, becoz I've had one before she is unlikely to engage becoz there's more room there which means she gets to go in and out as she pleases... Brilliant. I get all the draggin on a frequent basis, but she probably won't stay there til I'm in labour. :shrug:

U can see this little madames head bulgin out down low. It's actually put my OH off pesting me... Which is amazin. Never thought I'd see the day but happy its here! Haha

apparently Eenie is head down now - after lying transverse for such a long time ... I can't see anything myself, but can definitely feel the difference in her position: things have got a whole lot easier for my lungs - and a whole lot more difficult for my bladder! :rofl:

Our little one has been head down for the past 2-3 weeks apparently.

She's like her mum, impatient! :)

Glad baby has turned urchin.

My little girl has been head down since 22 weeks, 2 weeks ago was told she was back to back. At appointment yesterday she has turned to face my left so hopefully she keeps turning into optimum position. She is also engaged, 3/5ths palpable :)

I still get problems with my ribs... Baby is definitely down but she must stretch her legs out. Though now I'm out of work I don't notice it unless I sit down at the table to eat. It feels like she sticks her foot between my ribs and my rib fat lol.

Love that I'm up the stage where I can rest my tea on my belly tho :D love a pregnancy perk!! Lol

Got my antenatal check up in Tuesday... Wonder if Ive gone over the line this time? I was just under it last time. CM more and I would've been sent for a scan. Dunno whether to hope for it or not? Lol

Bub is head down here finally too... But she is refusing to engage me thinks v.v;

I swear imma be over my due date HUMPH!

apparently Eenie is head down now - after lying transverse for such a long time ... I can't see anything myself, but can definitely feel the difference in her position: things have got a whole lot easier for my lungs - and a whole lot more difficult for my bladder! :rofl:

Do you still need a caesar urch??

My first was partly engaged at 32 weeks and was 10 days late, so unfortuantely I don't think it means a lot, or it didn't in my case - sorry.

Yups - c-section is because of the fibroid op I had 2 years ago, rather than the position that Eenie's in

Just found out they are looking to put me on metformin - had some high BS readings yesterday and they think I may be pretty insulin resistant. I have to go in on Monday to see the diabetes nurse ... am just hoping that this doesn't bring my date any further forward :nope:

Yups - c-section is because of the fibroid op I had 2 years ago, rather than the position that Eenie's in

Just found out they are looking to put me on metformin - had some high BS readings yesterday and they think I may be pretty insulin resistant. I have to go in on Monday to see the diabetes nurse ... am just hoping that this doesn't bring my date any further forward :nope:

Omg you told me this yesterday :blush: preggo brain right?? Silly shelley !!

I agree that we can be a bit engaged, lose mucous plug, have BH and it really doesn't tell you when LO is coming. They come when they are meant to, barring belly trauma or other complications. Urchin, I had a c sec less than 2 years ago and I'm not forced to have a c sec again. What kind of cut did they do? They worried about tearing?

lol don't worry shelley - my brain is mush too!

It's a horizontal scar across my bikini line Hopeful - essentially a c-section scar.
Trouble is I don't know exactly - My consultant told me after the op that if I got pregnant it would have to be a c-section, but didn't write it in my notes, so i really don't know!

The fibroid was pretty huge though, so it might be to do with how much of what she had to take away :shrug:

Lara on ur first, they can engage early. I'm sure Elliot did too. Don't think it means anything will happen soon, just baby is ready :) with a first it's more likely to stay put too. I've been told although my baby has been head down throughout, becoz I've had one before she is unlikely to engage becoz there's more room there which means she gets to go in and out as she pleases... Brilliant. I get all the draggin on a frequent basis, but she probably won't stay there til I'm in labour. :shrug:

U can see this little madames head bulgin out down low. It's actually put my OH off pesting me... Which is amazin. Never thought I'd see the day but happy its here! Haha

Yeah she said with your first once they're engaged they stay like that. But with second babies they might never engage until labour, good news on the bladder bad news on the ribs. Nice to hear OH isn't pestering you! Just give him a slap if he does lol x

lol don't worry shelley - my brain is mush too!

It's a horizontal scar across my bikini line Hopeful - essentially a c-section scar.
Trouble is I don't know exactly - My consultant told me after the op that if I got pregnant it would have to be a c-section, but didn't write it in my notes, so i really don't know!

The fibroid was pretty huge though, so it might be to do with how much of what she had to take away :shrug:

Either way, it would probably be safest for you & Eenie just to have a c sect to be sure! Are u disappointed about it or you dont mind??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->