October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Well...

I am officially bricking it!

2 weeks to go (I don't count the actual day as she could come at 1am for all I know lol)

I'm gonna admit it... I'm actually beginning to feel a lil scared now as I know that so far I'm heading to the natural route as bub turned head down.

No signs as of yet... Never had a BH, no show, nothin! Just wannnnnnna meets the bub nowwwww

Checked her hb on Doppler... 120... Anyone know if this is normal?

Jaydee - get scrubbing the floors. It helps apparently!
I've bought sleep suits from Asda and Next which are white and pink if that's any good to u?

Oopsy - with my first I didn't have any signs. No BH, no show, no twinges... Nothing! But my water did go so then there was no mistaking what was going on as contractions started a few hrs later. Elliot came on his EDD

Don't know about the Doppler. I haven't used mine for ages. Not since I could feel her move. If baby is active I wouldn't worry as u'd know no different if u didn't listen, but obviously if u notice changes in ur baby give the hosp ward a ring x

Oopsy - with my first I didn't have any signs. No BH, no show, no twinges... Nothing! But my water did go so then there was no mistaking what was going on as contractions started a few hrs later. Elliot came on his EDD

I hope I get some sort of a sign lol... My neighbours mum said she was in labour for over 24 hours and didn't know till they told her at hospital lol

I hate the waiting... I'm so impatient now lol

OH, AND FOR THOSE NOT ON THE INITIAL LIST... Sorry v.v; I've had no time to get my laptop fixed to update the last few names... As I've got closer to EDD things have got chaotic here. My iPad messes up the coding in the list if I try add from here.

I can't imagine not knowing I was in labour!? Lol. I get lots of BHs with this baby and I'd much prefer not having them. U'll know when baby is coming, don't worry. I think you are better off expecting to go over due too, that way anything else is a suprise! My OH keeps saying "ur gonna go early" (like he bloody has a clue?!?! Lol) And I keep tellin him off.

Elliot was due on the 16th which was a Tuesday. My midwife said if he hadn't come by then I'd have a sweep on the antenatal appointment booked for that day. On the Sunday before I was sayin to my mum "wow. We will have a baby this time next week!" (as far as I was aware, u have a sweep and it started labour - no exceptions) - waters broke that evening and he was born 00:05 on the 16th. I had to phone and cancel my AN app...

I can't imagine not knowing I was in labour!? Lol. I get lots of BHs with this baby and I'd much prefer not having them. U'll know when baby is coming, don't worry. I think you are better off expecting to go over due too, that way anything else is a suprise! My OH keeps saying "ur gonna go early" (like he bloody has a clue?!?! Lol) And I keep tellin him off.

Elliot was due on the 16th which was a Tuesday. My midwife said if he hadn't come by then I'd have a sweep on the antenatal appointment booked for that day. On the Sunday before I was sayin to my mum "wow. We will have a baby this time next week!" (as far as I was aware, u have a sweep and it started labour - no exceptions) - waters broke that evening and he was born 00:05 on the 16th. I had to phone and cancel my AN app...

Wow he really picked a good time to come out! Talk about punctual!

Lol at your OH... Mine keeps telling me imma be two weeks late! Wish he was more optimistic lol

Ah getting close now! I feel so unprepared but I know that if this LO was to make an early appearance we'd be ok :)

He sure was. Was the first and last time we were on time for anything mind! Lol.

Only time will tell I guess! Will be starting my RLT this week, as soon as its delivered. As much as I'd like to meet her, the longer she's in there the longer we hve to get stuff sorted. I'm still feeling like I've forgot summit...

Well, we're fairly ready. OH still hasn't packed her hospital bag yet, although she has everything ready. She just needs to put everything in the bag and unless we forget anything, we're good to go. We also need to wash the cover on the baby seat, just to be sure.

I've been researching RLT, and everywhere seems to say don't take it if you have family history of ovarian cancer, fibroids or endometriosis. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I was going to start taking it but my grandma died of ovarian cancer 2 years ago so I guess I can't :( x

I've been researching RLT, and everywhere seems to say don't take it if you have family history of ovarian cancer, fibroids or endometriosis. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I was going to start taking it but my grandma died of ovarian cancer 2 years ago so I guess I can't :( x

I've not heard this before... However I'm a strict believer that if women in third world countries can give birth without all this media exposed "medications/remedies" then I'm sure I can do it without! Lol

omg - feel like im dying! i was realllllly sick last night, had a headache, cold/fly symptoms. iots just a bug but it did worry me and also i could do without feeling like sh!t when im this pregnant!!!also... i just sneezed...which made me wee a little :S i am soooo over this. i told my husband to go get the nitrile gloves (we have boxes of em left over from caring for his mother) put them on, reach o up there and pull this baby outta me now!!he was really good tho, he is usually very hands off and lets me just hibernate when im ill but last night he came rushing through and rubbed my shoulders as i was being sick which was kinda nice (iykwim?)urgh...just wanna go to bed til its time for baby to come out. somesaid on my facebook "oh well at least its only 6 weeks" ONLY 6 WEEKS?!?! i know realistically thats nothing but my pelvis is separating, im tired, ill, sore and just so over this...6 weeks sounds like a life time!!! sorry - needed to rant...

Ay up my lovelies :hi:

I'm just back from an appointment with the diabetes nurse... have been put on metformin for the rest of my pregnancy to try and get my blood sugar under control.
My next ante-natal is on Tuesday and they will decide then whether or not to bring my c-section forward (if they do that it will either be weds, thurs, fri next week!) eeeek!

I am under 3 weeks today! It seems surreal that it's so close. I've been so busy with moving, cleaning, unpacking, toddler chasing, that it's just floated by. I am definately slow and sore and oh so limited on the amount I can do before I need to rest.
It's all worthwhile though. We have almost closed on the old house, I cleaned it yesterday, not fun cleaning somewhere you are no longer living.
As for being ready for baby. I'm not. I got a bassinet with all the fabric washed up, some clothes that'll work from my sons old stuff (unisex looking) got a couple of NB gift items (still need washing). still have not packed my hospital bag, I know shame on me, but I just can't get the chance. I'll get on it this week, still need to get some NB and size 1 diapers, most other things I have as this is second child for me.

CJ - thanks, I've ordered the sleepsuits from Asda's website. They had nothing first size in the shop that wasn't plain white (we have lots of neutral stuff) or blue (typical as all they seemed to have when we had a baby boy was pink!)

DH keeps saying to me "not long now" but I know it could be another month and a half if she turns and is as late as her brother! Equally it could only be a couple of weeks if she doesn't turn and I have to have a c-section.

Ok, so i was sooooooo dissapointed that three midwives all felt that he was breech and today i had my scan. The student midwife also guessed breech and the consultant said it's a very tricky one to try and determine how he's laying, then out came the scanner. The reason they all thought he was breech (even 4 weeks ago!!!) was because his head is fully engaged! There's barely any of his head left to be able to feel!

Soooooo, given that i've been having on off contractions all weekend, very irregular, i now consider my original due date of 29th Sept the more accurate one which would make me 38 weeks and one day! To say i'm over the moon is an understatement :happydance::happydance::happydance:

kristel that's fab news - hopefully won't be long now then :D

Islander- hope you get well soon!

Urchin- not much longer now. Hope the metformin works for you!

Krystal- great news!!! So on with the show!

metformin may well be working, but comes with some interesting (and rather explosive) side effects :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->