October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Urchin- your right, if she told you that maybe there was a bigger reason for it. They could have affected more in there, not just make a scar, so you are right to heed her warnings but you do have the right to ask.

I know for those who have had a previous c section trying for a vaginal is actually better, tearing the incision is mush less of a risk than having surgery like a c section. I did lots of research and am shocked at how often people are misinformed or assume its too risky for a vbac. It depends on the circumstances. Of course they prefer you to have had only one previous c section, wait until your current child is 15 months (ideally) before getting pregnant again, etc. If I end up having another c sect oh we'll, at least I gave it a fair try :)

Either way, it would probably be safest for you & Eenie just to have a c sect to be sure! Are u disappointed about it or you dont mind??

I've always known, since before I got pregnant, that it would have to be a c-section, so I really don't mind. Whatever is safest for me and Eenie is fine by me!

Hopeful - that's my feeling exactly - I have no idea how extensive the work was she did internally and so would rather go with her judgement than the opinion of a doctor who wasn't there!

Right, this is feeling like the TWW all over again!!!

my LO just started nursery, the two big kids are at school and i am at home....because just getting up to the loo wears me out!!!!!!

everything packed, feel calmer at bedtime after having good chat with midwife about panicking, OH at home finishing off beautiful looking bathroom!! so should be relaxing but would rather be cuddling my little bundle!

:dohh:

Not long to go, Outnumbered! And well done for being so organised... I wish I was. I've been buying bits and peices for my hospital bag but don't actually have a holdall to pack so it's all in a asda bag for life at the moment! Non of the babys stuff is washed at all. Bought the paint for the nursery so I'm hoping Tom will pull his finger out when hes back from football with Elliot and get that done, but there wont be any wall paper til the next weekend, and then we need the carpet fitted... Oh and apart from the cot we have no other furniture bought yet so will need to get to ikea to pick that up... And to top it all off I've been having major tightening across my bump and mild pains under it and across my lower back... I need stuff finished coz I'm sure this baby will come early if we aren't ready! Sods law and all that... :s

Not long to go, Outnumbered! And well done for being so organised... I wish I was. I've been buying bits and peices for my hospital bag but don't actually have a holdall to pack so it's all in a asda bag for life at the moment! Non of the babys stuff is washed at all. Bought the paint for the nursery so I'm hoping Tom will pull his finger out when hes back from football with Elliot and get that done, but there wont be any wall paper til the next weekend, and then we need the carpet fitted... Oh and apart from the cot we have no other furniture bought yet so will need to get to ikea to pick that up... And to top it all off I've been having major tightening across my bump and mild pains under it and across my lower back... I need stuff finished coz I'm sure this baby will come early if we aren't ready! Sods law and all that... :s

So glad it's not just me!! We too only have a cot so far, nothing else yet nor money to buy it. The nursery has been painted, but it's full of clothes that need washing still (not that I can put them away anyway), dado rail and coving that needs putting up and there is absolutely no room in our bedroom for the moses basket until we take a bunch of furniture apart and put it away. No hospital bag, still haven't called to arrange a pack for stem cell storage and the list can go on.

You're not alone in being unorganized =)

WE're pretty much all ready to go...crib's up and dressed...changing table put together and stocked,pak n' play together stroller up with carseat(needs in the car),we have diapers galore+wipes...

The only things i feel that are needed left to do is; get clothes from my aunt(who offered to wash them since it would cost me a butt load of money),pre-register at the hospital when i go on tuesday,and make sure the house is amazing looking for when he comes home and everyone wants to visit,lol.

I feel like my to do list is never ending! Every day I try to do a little something. Is it possible to be ever fully ready?

Erised how nuch us it costing u for stem cell storage?

I'll be using a Dutch company, the same one we used for DD1
The costs of getting the pack with everything needed to take the blood, the tests etc is €195, and €25 every 3 months after that for storage.

That's another thing! House lookin nice for visitors! I wanted the hall finished before baby comes too coz at the moment it's pretty much being used as an extension to B&Q!! Rollers and drills and Saws, paint tins and tool boxes... Just mess everywhere! And my OH won't let anyone come in and help... Driving me loopy! This pregnancy has gone way too fast... Lol

morning!

Sounds like I'm not the only one with heaps to do before baby gets here!

Kitchen fitter is due back today, and hopefully will get it finished - then we can get everything put away again, and I can start getting the house back in order.
Mr Urch has Monday and Tuesday off work, so if we rally round am sure we can get it done

Sadly, I am having no joy controlling my blood sugar levels - so am back at the hospital tomorrow and likely to be put on metformin, which may mean they bring my date forward a week :shock:

Also got heaps to do here as well, OH can't see that anything needs doing but the house is in a state atm and it's driving me insane lol. To top it all off i've been having contractions on and off for the past 2 days, but when i go to bed they stop and i wake up without them :dohh:

Nope u r definitely not alone Urch! The list I have for my OH is as long as my arm, but then I just get told "I kno what I've got to do!!! Just let me do it! I don't need telling!" - but yes, yes he does. Doesn't help really that he works til 7 everyday, and on his days off. But then he should let people help! We'd be done if he let my mam crack on with the hall while he did the babys room... My living room still needs all the glossing done too. :shrug:

Oh no :( damn blood sugars!! Wouldn't that mean you'd have just over a week til baby comes? Crickey... Hope it doesn't come to that and u have more time to get stuff done!

Isn't it funny that most of us wish pregnancy away, and now we are at the end, we need more time! Lol

so my midnight helpers my friends who live around the corner, have told me from tomorrow they are going away for a week!!!! WTH!!

so have now had to arrange other midnight helpers to watch the other three kiddies i have.

i dont begrudge my friends a holiday but "HELLO" your timing sucks!!!

CJ - there's quite a lot of glossing needs done here too - but it'll have to wait until after Eenie is here.

It makes me laugh that there are so many threads in 3rd tri wishing the last couple of weeks away and I'm like woooooah! no rush Eenie, you stay put... but yes, if they bring it any further forward we just have a week to go - and that is scary!

outnumbered - dreadful timing indeed - hope #4 stays put til they are back!

I must admit I am one who is wishing the week away, although on holiday from work, my maternity leave does not start until Monday, so she cannot make an appearance until then but I am 100% ready and waiting.

Omg my house is in a state as well! And baby's room is getting there, but very slowly lol. I just want it done so I can clean up my hallway and have some peace of mind....

Morning girls... Well I'm a tired egg today :( I think the baby has done a complete 360 while i was tryin to sleep. So that along with a weird itchy arm and weird dreams, I did not sleep well. Back to bed after the school run me thinks!!

I think we're about ready, or could cope, if she arrived now -except she still doesn't have a name! We tried to pick one at the weekend but nothing that we love... I guess if we have a shortlist something will grow on us.

Some clothes are washed, some more are on order (can't find newborn pink sleepsuits in stock anywhere -weird), have most of the stuff for my hospital bag just need to put it in a bag. DS's present from baby is at DH's work (thanks amazon). Could do with some sheets for the crib, but we have flat cot ones so they would do.

So, still to do:
- pick a name
- get her to spin round so I can have a natural birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back