October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Ladies I am having a baby! My waters broke last night (was tons and it's still leaking out of me now) so I'm at the hospital. Got until 11pm tonight to go in to labour on my own otherwise they're inducing there and then. Been having mild contractions so far but with any luck I'll have Parker by the weekend. Will update when I can :)

Gambles, hope everything is going well for you! x

yaaay for last day of work islander ... I know I was so very pleased when I didn't have to go in any more!

tashy - fx'd for you too chikkie xxx

Ladies I am having a baby! My waters broke last night (was tons and it's still leaking out of me now) so I'm at the hospital. Got until 11pm tonight to go in to labour on my own otherwise they're inducing there and then. Been having mild contractions so far but with any luck I'll have Parker by the weekend. Will update when I can :)

Gambles, hope everything is going well for you! x

Congrats, hubby and I decided to wait until tonight to dtd and get things going, so all day today I'm working on laundry and getting little stuff cleaned so that when I do go in I don't have to worry about it.

Ooh, Shelli, fingers crossed everything goes quickly and smoothly for you!

Good luck to all you other ladies who are having pains. So many if you are so close!!!

I never met my HV with my first, still haven't with this LO either. I'll ask my MW if/when I should expect to when I see her this afternoon to discuss my birth plan.

I see my consultant tomorrow to see if I can go ahead with my VBAC plans. Fingers crossed he'll say I can!

xx

Aw so many of you ladies almost there now!! Good luck to you all and hopefully the pains turn to proper labour soon!! Shellie, fingers crossed you go into labour on your own today!!

You girls are so lucky going into labor and having at least some signs of labor. I have been covering myself in clary sage oil since yesterday and nothing!!! I smell like a hippy!! I guess baby is waiting till daddy gets home on tomorrow which is probably a good thing. i just really hope she decides to make an appearance this weekend. I am going to eat a whole pineapple today, what could it hurt? Wouldn't it be crazy if we all delivered on the full moon this weekend. I don't really want to have her on Sunday though, because it's my MIL's and brother's birthday. I want her to have her own day. I don't want to have her on October 2nd either because the is my BIL's birthday and I hate him. That's probably when I'll have her just because I said that. Good luck Shelli, hope all goes well. Gamble- Hope dtd helps!!!

So OB checkup today. Forgot my purse and was late (great start to the day), she checked and I'm like a fingertip (1cm or less) dialated, so nothing really going on. She could do a sweep if I was over 2cm..max I'm allowed over is 10 days then induction through breaking waters, meds last resort. Let's hope we progress by next week.

Quite a few going to be having their babies soon! :) Really wish this one would make a appearance soon. Had a bath the other night what had Clary Sage in and nothing not even a twinge. Keep getting braxton hicks/ bad period pains too but not holding my breathe over it.

When you say your Midwife checked and could/would do a sweep did you ask her to check? When i had my little boy the only time i would of been checked by her is if i was over due. Would like it if i was checked and offered if it could be done at my next appointment. ..

Eeek good luck shelli! Midwife appointment today was great, booked in to the midwife unit to have a water birth (unless I go into labour in the next 3 days then I can't go there) and also babies head is almost fully engaged! 1-2/5 palpable! Doesn't surprise me I've had so much pressure in my bum and cervix the past few days I feel like she's trying to break free! Now measuring 38cm, first time it's ever been higher than my gestation, must have had a growth spurt! Hope everyone is keeping well x

lol babers... my bils (who i dislike intensly!) birthday is 17th oct - reckon thats when i'll have her lol thats my EDD based on LMP...

ooo shelli - we were posting at the same time earlier, so I missed your news!
How exciting - hope you manage to go naturally and no induction needed.

Everyone else - hang on in there, it'll be our turn soooooon!

Well MW thinks LO is breech. I've done my birth plan (assuming I'm not and can be mainly MW led in labour) but that may all go out the window when I see the consultant tomorrow.

Good luck shelli!

Well looks like I'm in this for the long haul. Got checked, pretty much no progress, 1cm at most, cervix posterier, baby is still head down which is nice (she scans to double check as things 'felt a bit diff today'), bled a bit after the exam (totally normal). So I go again next week, if I'm 2cm or more I can have a sweep to see if we can get ball rolling. Max I'm allowed to wait for natural birth to start us 10 days then induction, since it's for vbac they try breaking waters first, then pitocin in mild dose. God I hope I don't make it that far.
Come on baby girl!

I'm surprised at how many people are getting internal checks??
I know I'll be turning them down if offered, all it does is add pressure on the mum leaving her thinking that she may or may not be close. It doesn't help the baby come out any quicker, so not sure what the point is in doing it at all?

Well my pains have subsided for now:wacko: Hopefully it means its not too long now though

I know I'll be turning them down if offered, all it does is add pressure on the mum leaving her thinking that she may or may not be close. It doesn't help the baby come out any quicker, so not sure what the point is in doing it at all?

They're done routinely everywhere but the UK it seems.

AFM
Spent 3 hours up hospital with suspected Pre-E and reduced fetal movements.

But been sent home as all seems fine but may have UTI got to wait to test results. Midwife being sent to my home on Monday to check me again, then I go to see midwife on Thurday, my due date.

Fetal analysis showing lower movements than before but she is moving so is ok. I'm contracting, shows 5 in the 30 minutes I was monitored, but I can't feel it. Baby still only 3/5 palp. No change from 2 weeks ago with engagement.

Same here I've never had one :S and don't think they do them at all

Good luck Shelli!!! Sending u all my best wishes an love!! :D

Evening girls. Sorry I haven't replied to everyone individually but im on my phone and it's too complicated ( and I'm too lazy to keep going bk up to re-read the posts!)

Baby's carpet was fitted today so it's only now waiting for the furniture to go up and the baby to go in! It helped spear me into being a lot more productive today... I've got all her bedding and towel washed and ironing, the Moses basket is all set up ready, and her mt Everest of clothes are sorted and ready to be washed and ironed tomoro :)

Something hit me while in the shower... I've NEVER changed a baby girl nappy!!! I'm a bit frightened by it... Fair play!

Hope u are all hangin in there - not long to go for any of us! X

I think Dr.'s here do it just to judge if your body is preparing for labor or not. It is true that it means nothing. I was 2-3 cm dilated on the 18th and I am still walking around with my massive belly :) but it is helpful to know if the Dr. decides you need to be induced. Induction is much more effective if your body has already started effacing/dilating on its own. Yes it can be a little discouraging if you made no progress from the week before, but I kind of like knowing what is happening or not happening down there, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->