October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

yaaaay CJ - sounds like things are coming together - don't forget nursery pics when it's done :thumbup:

yaaaay CJ - sounds like things are coming together - don't forget nursery pics when it's done :thumbup:

It most certainly is! I feel calmer already. I don't think it will be "finished" for a while, totally anyways! I'm waiting on my mum to make me a roman blind - which if u knew my mum u would never picture her with a sowing machine so i imagine it make take a while... And I haven't purchased all the "finishing touches" nor fabric 'decopatched(?)' the paper mâché letters I've bought to hang her name over the cot. Can't wait to see the white furniture in there becoz it's beyond pink at the moment! Lol

https://m1251.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/carlyjade1986/photo-19.jpg.html?o=0 - half way there!

I'm surprised at how many people are getting internal checks??
I know I'll be turning them down if offered, all it does is add pressure on the mum leaving her thinking that she may or may not be close. It doesn't help the baby come out any quicker, so not sure what the point is in doing it at all?

Same here I've never had one :S and don't think they do them at all

My dr checked me the other day as part of a routine exam and I also got the strep b swab. But she said she won't check me again until 40 weeks since it doesn't matter anyway!

Eriseed- it can show if your body is prepping but it's not a reliable means at all. Where I live it's offered as of 38 weeks, but you can say no. I'm not gonna let it get to me, so baby stays put for now, I'm 10 days away from due date so go no issues till I start going overdue. I just hate the thought of going over as I'm uncomfortable.
I just thought I would share my experience, and say what the plan is from my doc.
I'm pretty nervous about not going into labor naturally as my chances with vbac are much higher if I do.

Hubby and I dtd now waiting to see what happens. Fingers crossed

that's the hard bit done CJ - the next bit is FUN!

Good luck with your induction Princess - hope everything goes well for you xxx

4 more sleeps for me, and last day at work for Mr Urch :wohoo:

Yea I guess! Spyin the Moses basket at the end of my bed is so surreal tho... Lol.

Good luck princess! Hope it goes well, and quickly for u!

4 sleeps? Eeeeekkkkk!!!! How exciting! I am so jealous now I'm all ready :( so excited for u urch!! :D

I am going to be meeting my little prince today, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I'll update with full birth story when I get the chance.

yeah...i kinda want to know whats going on down there...just cause its interesting to learn how the body works...during this pregnancy me and OH have learnt so much about human biology cause we wanted to know about various things going on...just find it all facsinating :) and i know i'll just end up getting my hopes up and then having them dashed...but as far as im concerned she will be here by november 4th regardless....im counting down to 37 weeks, 40 weeks and 4th nov lol!

Oh, to add to the whole "checking" thing, my Dr. also used it as a way to verify position of little guy. Both times he checked me (at 37 week appt and 38 week appt) he said "Yup, definately not a head" as he was feeling around, LOL. I imagine heads and rears feel much different ;)

We will meet our little man in less than 5 hrs! I wish I could sleep!

wow - twinkles and gamble as well as princess ... 3 babies a-comin today.
I wonder which will be the first of the October babies to actually be born in october? :cake:

lol good point...lots of october babies and its still september!lol

Wow so many babies on the way!! Good luck to all you mummies who are having your little ones today, I'll look forward to seeing updates.

I went to midwife's drop-in session to see if the head had moved down anymore and she just said to me "why do you want to know the position of the head" quite abruptly. Thought that was a bit rude!

We're two days from October, eeeeek!!!!!!!!

Princess, gamble , and Twinkie, how exciting, can't wait to hear the news.
Hope everyone is well.
October is just around the corner so I guess we'll find out who has the first October baby first very soon :)

OTN - how very rude!
Why on earth wouldn't you want to know what your baby is up to in there???

Well On Wednesday i told work i'd had enough and wanted to start my maternity leave, main reason was i wanted to spend a few days with Hollie and Pete as a family before the new arrival.......

Sooooo i left work 6PM Wednesday, went to bed around 10ish, then remembered i'd left the heating on, so went to turn it off and have a wee before going to sleep and while i was in the bathroom my waters broke! Got to the hospital at 4ish and was 4cm, midwife said to go for a walk to let gravity help as i was coping ok with the pain. An hour later after pushing myself with no pain relief, on the hospital stairs i felt pressure and knew i had to rush back in. We were in the delivery room 20 mins before i shouted i need to pushhh, (I was still fully clothed :dohh:) What i actually meant to say was, my body was already pushing and i wasn't even trying to help it! Next contraction and my body pushed baby Joshua out in one go, i just let it do it's thing and went along with it. The result.... A quick birth, one gorgeous baby and not a single tear or graze! It was magical! Anyway here's a pic.....

7lb8oz Born at 5:55am 27/09/2012

550857_10151270573157189_1920735592_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"