October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Congrats to Liloopsy and Ashley! :flower:

I had a sweep done yesterday at my appt. I had cramping/contractions off and on all day and night. Barely have any now, so I guess it didn't work. Darn. I need this kid to come out!! Really hoping not to go over my due date. :growlmad:

Has anyone had a sweep actually work?? All I hear is crampy contractions, then nothing...

I had a sweep done yesterday at my appt. I had cramping/contractions off and on all day and night. Barely have any now, so I guess it didn't work. Darn. I need this kid to come out!! Really hoping not to go over my due date. :growlmad:

Has anyone had a sweep actually work?? All I hear is crampy contractions, then nothing...

I had one with my 1 year old and it did nothing then had to have a second one and still nothing, so I ended up being induced, they offered it to me with my baby boy and I rejected it, just went home and had sex that night started having contractions about an hour later(only got 45 minutes of sleep) and headed to the hospital about 2 hours later.

https://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/hot4ash69/02d11d6b9eeeb2555cf409905aa2be34.jpg

Introducing Miss Ainsley Grace! I love her to bits and pieces!

Introducing Miss Emelia Mae... finally! (Brief birth story In signature)
We're all home now :D
https://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad240/rainydaysandoverlays/EmeliaMae/2012-10-22134120_zpsdf97949d.jpg

What beautiful pictures ladies.

many congratulations on the birth of your girls.

I am still waiting for my LO, 10 days late, but only two more days till i hold him in my arms! I am excited and anxious at the same time, as my OH has a stomach bug and i dont want him giving to everyone else.

:growlmad:

Aww, the new arrivals are both utterly adorable <3
Massive congrats again ladies, you both deserve to be proud.

I had my sweep yesterday too, the funny thing is, I was crampping before that for a few days, and when she performed the sweep im telling you baby had her arm down there or something I really thought something was going to happen.......anyway not a cramp or twinge since, i think she closed me back up!!! xxx

Grr! I am so annoyed at my consultant/hospital!!!

I had my 38 week MW appointment today, she asked how my consultant appointment had gone at 36 weeks and if they'd booked my 41 week appointment for induction. I knew nothing about needing to see a consultant again!!! I'm planning to VBAC and want to desperately avoid an ELCS or EMCS, I was told I could VBAC and stay MW led unless I go too far beyond my due date.

Well, MW checks the system, the consultant/hospital have booked me a follow up appointment at 42 WEEKS!!! According to the MW, this appointment will be to discuss induction and if they think a VBAC is still possible, not to start the actual induction if I am still pregnant!!

I am so angry!! As it is, the hospital (only maternity hospital in the city) weren't great around the labour, delivery and recovery with DS. I never fully knew the details of why the EMCS happened, why I lost so much blood after etc. I never saw the notes, I was just given a few details when meeting with the consultant during this pregnancy.

Now, I'm possibly just being pregnant and hormonal, but DS was distressed in labour. They gave me a general anaesthetic to do the EMCS cos they HAD to get him out ASAP, they couldn't wait for the epi to take effect, so surely given my history, the risk of complications etc, leaving my till 42 weeks before even discussing induction is stupid? What if the hospital is full the day they then plan to induce me? Surely booking me after 42 weeks is dangerous to me and baby?

I really don't think I'll go into labour naturally, I had 2 sweeps with DS at 40+5 and 41+1 and none of the babies in DH's family have come naturally, and none before or on their due date!

Anyway, MW is phoning the hospital to rearrange the appointment and says if I've heard nothing by next week to call her about it.

Had my final midwife appointment this morning before induction tomorrow.

She did a 3rd sweep, said it was so much different than last time, baby fully engaged (hence walking like a cowboy), 3cm dialated, waters intact still but ready to go.

she said baby has hair (i cried at that point). she said if that sweep didnt work dinamite was needed to get this baby out! lol.

she seemed really optimistic but said if i do get induced tomorrow only one gel would be needed or try them just to break my waters.

so ready to meet this baby now. xx

Good luck to all those nearly there & congratulations to all the new mummies, I've finally worked out how to post pictures (although not how to reduce their size sorry) so here are a couple of my little one.

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg127/lisam119/153_zpsb604d32e.jpg

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg127/lisam119/133_zps76b171c3.jpg

https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg127/lisam119/167_zps32c52ae5.jpg

Hi
Congrats to all those lovely babies already here. Love the elephant sleep suit (we have it too!!) think owls and elephants are in fashion at the mo:)

I had Isabella Ann on 3/10/12 weighing 7lb15oz. She arrived 3 weeks early due to problems with my blood pressure. After 10 days in nicu (congenital pneumonia) we finally got home yesterday:happydance:

Wishing all those other October ladies a happy and healthy last few weeks x

So booked in for my induction this morning!

And the hospital has no beds!

so sitting here at home wasting the day!

Knew this would happen!

:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"