October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

hey carly - ella does this too... also the first few days were pretty stressful as she cried for it but wouldnt take it and sometimes she just wouldnt feed, othertimes she would feed for hours on end...i thought i was rubbish and just bound to fail but it does get better and easier. remember if it gets really stressful she will pick up on your stress so leave her for a few mins (i go for a pee and then get some juice lol) and try again...you are doing a great job - try and remember that!and good luck!but i promise it gets easier :) xxx

Thanks islander. That's so reassuring! I was just shamed by the midwife for not feedin her at least every 3 hrs... But what can u do if she doesn't want it?! She came off me @ 10:40 and hasn't wanted anything since... Not for lack of tryin! Midwife made me feel worse not better... :(

Aww Carly Christopher did sort of the same thing when I was in the hospital, he would latch for a min and then fall asleep...so he wasn't really eating...and i felt so bad because I couldn't get him to wake up for the life of me to eat a good meal. So now we're home and he was doing the same thing...so I decided to just pump and feed him through a bottle at least this way I know he is eating...

she's gorgeypants CJ <3

sorry you're having trouble bf too ... it really isn't easy is it - and it's so hard to get the right kind of help when you need it :(

Thanks all. I think it's from the pethidine as I remember Elliot sleeping all the time after he was born too. So much so I was determined not to have it again, but I forgot labour hurts and I'm a sis!
She's still asleep now... She's had people pass her around and she's still out for the count. If she's still like it Tuesday I think I'll get concerned but until then I'm not going to let the nasty midwife make me cry.... Not as if my little lump is wasting away!

How u gettin on now urch? Is it getting any easier?

Thanks all. I think it's from the pethidine as I remember Elliot sleeping all the time after he was born too. So much so I was determined not to have it again, but I forgot labour hurts and I'm a sis!
She's still asleep now... She's had people pass her around and she's still out for the count. If she's still like it Tuesday I think I'll get concerned but until then I'm not going to let the nasty midwife make me cry.... Not as if my little lump is wasting away!

How u gettin on now urch? Is it getting any easier?

Elyssa is like this and we didnt have any pain relief apart froma few puffs on the Gas&Air... should I be concerned? When she is awake shes alert and screams for her milk but is mostly asleep and wont be woken when she is

Aoife was in ICU for 3 days - she had a drip but wasn't being fed AT ALL while she was there ... and was absolutely fine - she lost some weight, but nowhere near the 10% that makes them worry. And she'd put it all back on plus another 11oz by 3 weeks :thumbup:
So please don't worry on account of your midwife - getting born is a big shock to their systems and it can take them a few days to get over it

I found pumping really saved my sanity ... If Elsie will take a bottle, this might get some booby juice into her (we got the medela pump and calma teat, which they have to suck in the same way as a nipple) Even so they get the milk more quickly, so if she can't be bothered to feed for a long time, at least she'll be getting something good down her :thumbup:

It's getting easier for me yes! Still doing the tongue exercises before each feed, and I often have to pop her off during feeds when she forgets the drill and pulls her tongue back again... but I can mostly get her to have a relatively painless feed.

The other big plus is that I don't feel so crap any more - I was starting to feel really frustrated that I couldn;t get it working, and the advice I was getting just really wasn't helping at all

Hey Ladies,

Finally got my laptop fixed so I don't feel so disconnected now. Glad I did because I came back to lots of amazing birth announcements.

:happydance: HUUUUGE CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!! :happydance:

I'm hearing you ladies on the BF front... I'm really beginning to struggle as Emelia has become very sicky after feeds which then makes her cry for more moments later. I'm super tired and getting so emotional after the night feeds due to lack of sleep and the cluster feeds. I've been so close to giving up but am determined to BF at least until she has her vaccinations.

For those of you that are still waiting... don't wish your bumps away so quickly lol... I'm still in shock at how quick 3 weeks has passed! It really does speed by once theyre here :wacko:

Will try to check in again soon x Good luck ladies x

Well she finally fed at 6:30 for half hr, and had a 10 min top up at 7.30. She's sleeping again now. Wow my nipples r sore! I've had to feed side-lying as that's the only way that's been successful but now she is seeming more alert I may try and attempt another position again. I don't think she's opening her mouth wide enough but I've been so grateful for the times that's she's been feeding that I've just winced thru the pain! Her cheeks have stayed full and she doesn't make slapping Nosies and she takes big long sucks, but a nipple Shield is on my agenda for tomoro!
I'm scared to try her on bottles yet in case she won't do the both... Tho how I'm going to get thru tonight if she HAS found her appetite I'll never know!

How is the "most natural thing in the world" so flipping difficult?! Lol.

Carly I could have written your post myself!! Freya didn't latch for more than 2 sucks for the 1st 30 hours then after that she had to be stripped naked to ged her to feed!!

By day 5 my nipples were so sore from poor latch i ended up using nipple shields. This for me transformed breast feeding and by 2 weeks old i started to wean her off the shields and now she is fine.

Keep up the good work you will get there in the end even tho it may not feel like it now!

Im getting induced on Wednesday! Yay Haloween :-/ having accupuncture tomorrow in a last minute attempt to go naturally.. but otherwise gotta be at hospital 8am Wednesday :) either way i get to meet my girl!

yaaaay Shelley - hope she manages to sneak in before the month is out :thumbup:

Hey girls!
I'm pleased to say my little lady is feeding much better today. Midwife came while I was feeding and she said she's latched lovely, but my nipples r still pretty sore... Boobs like hot rocks today! But once she's on it stops hurting so much. She left me some sachets of that recommended nipple gel stuff but I find Vaseline with aloe Vera is doing better. Didnt get my shield today. I have new found positivity and determination! I'm like a new woman! Haha!

Aw Shelly that's fab news u have a date. Fingers crossed that she gets a wiggle on before then tho! Xx

glad it's getting better for you CJ - hope you are getting lots of newborn snuggles :)

Hey girls. Alexander David arrived 10/24/12 via csection after 26 hours of labor. I wasn't dilating past 6cm, and his heart rate kept dropping, but he arrived safe and sound and is just perfect. :) Here is a picture from yesterday when we were heading home.

https://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/Lisa92881/1351540784.jpg

Feeling much more human again after being home last night and finally getting some sleep. It is impossible to get any in the hospital, and we were there for 4 nights (pretty much 5 nights since I was in labor overnight the first night). Sorry to hear some of you are having difficulties with BF, it is quite demanding but I am lucky that he has done amazing with it so far. Even the nurses and lactation consultant at the hospital were impressed. I guess he felt bad about scaring us during delivery, so he's making it up to us. :winkwink:

Congratulations to all the others who have had their little angels arrive!!

Congratulations Lusa!!!

Well, I'm having semi regular contractions tonight (roughly 5-6 mins apart for last 3 1/2 hours). I'm off to triage when my parents get here to see where I'm at and what the way forward is (cos of my previous C section). I don't think I'll be dilated at all and I think I'll be home again soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me, I want a VBAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->