October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Hi All.

Sorry i havnt been on for a while to say i have been busy wud b a understatment haha. Bit of a long story but i will update my birth storey later on today. But my YELLOW but turned out to be BLUE and i gave birth via emergancy c-section on 18th October 2012 i had a amazing lil boy weighted in at 9lbs 12.5oz and we names him Joshiem Miah :)

Hope every1 is well x

congratulations Ladybug - enjoy your wee man xx

Nope, no baby yet! 10 Days past my due date now and still waiting =)
Think I may ask my midwife to do a sweep tomorrow or Monday if she has time. I turned it down at 41 weeks, but didn't expect to still be going now. Still refusing induction though, it's just not for me.

Have you had any signs? Have you considered alternative therapies? I had acupuncture and started irregular contractions that night then the next day I was 2cms :) hopefully not much longer hun! Are they letting u go over 42 weeks?

No signs as of yet ... though have started feeling sick today and have the feeling I may have the 'big clear out' coming my way.

I haven't looked at alternative therapies, though have tried some of the 'recommended' things of getting started like sex and pineapple cores etc... without any luck of course.

My midwife has said I can go over 42 weeks, as my blood pressure is still spot on perfect and little one seems just fine. I'll have to go for ECGs at least twice a week to make sure Abigail is still comfortable, and at least 1 scan a week to check my amniotic fluid levels and to make sure my placenta is still functioning properly. Hoping to not make it to 42 weeks though.

Oh Erised :hugs:

really hope it's not too much longer for you. Best of luck :thumbup:

xx

Good luck Erised fingers crossed Abigail (love her name!) Doesnt keep you waiting too much longer!! X

Sorry to see some of you are still waiting to meet your bubbas!!

oh gosh Erised, I certainly wouldn't want to go over 42 weeks (though I hear you on the induction!) I'd want scanning more than once a week though :thumbup:

Hopefully I won't get there, have been having contractions for a few hours now =D

oooo am late to the party - any news this morning Erised?

Still going...
Contractions stayed every 8 to 10 minutes during the day yesterday, really ... getting slightly more intense in the evening. Filled the pool before bed in the hope that I'd be able to get a couple of hours of sleep and wake up to strong contractions. The sleep happened, the strong contractions didn't.

Managed to sleep from midnight until 3am, staying hooked up to my TENS and waking every 10 minutes to hit the boost button. At 3am I got up and had some bloody show, but by 6am I felt rather tired again and the contractions hadn't gotten any worse, so I went back to bed. Slept again until 7.30am, but noticed everything started the slow down. Between 9 and 11 I only had around 4 contractions, so worried it was all coming to a stop.

Midwife came over at 11am to check up on me and gave me a sweep in the hope it would speed things up. The sweep brought up lots of bloody mucus plug, but after over a day of contracting I was (am?) still only 2cm with a long cervix. Little lady's head is very low and membranes are bulging over her head, but it's slow progress. Did a doppler scan afterwards to make sure the sweep hadn't caused any distress, and her heart rate dipped to 105 (normally 140 / 145) for over a minute so had to be sent for an ECG. After calling the hospital it was agreed I could be monitored at the midwife clinic instead of hospital.

Bit of a mad rush packing some stuff in a hospital bag, just in case and dropping Eleanor off at MILs. The 20 minute ECG turned into a 90 minute ECG as the little lady kept going to sleep. She was showing a steady heart rate without drops, but during her naps no movement was registered and her heart rate didn't accelerate either (which apparently, it is supposed to do when awake). After 90 minutes we had 2 nice periods (one 20 minutes and one 30 minutes) of her being awake with lovely acceleration periods where her heart rate would go up to 155 and lots of movement being measured. No more dips in this period at all, so everyone was happy and we were allowed home to continue on our home birth.

That's where we are now. Contractions have picked up again since the sweep, roughly every 8 minutes again now. Not quite at the intensity as they were last night, and that was only the very start of things pain wise... but it's a start again. The toco managed to pick them up too, so that's good and it isn't just me :p

As I didn't have any contractions any more when leaving the house to go for the ECG I had taken off my TENS ... boy did I miss it! So very very glad to be back home and hooked up again. Just hope things will actually speed up soon to get this all over and done with.

Just in case it doesn't, I'm getting booked in for a scan on Thursday to check my placenta and cord flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->