October 2012 Beans! (Due Dates List)

Planning another already Carly? :D

I'm utterly peed off with this now. I want this sweep to work tomorrow. If it doesn't then I think I'll welcome the induction (that I once feared). So sick of people taking bets on dates she'll arrive lol.

I never told you ladies, but we'd kept the gender a secret from our families, well when he was born, DH put me on handsfree to call my mum and her first word was "Nevermind". We were shocked and told her that was a horrible thing to say! The midwives and everyone in the room with us heard and couldn't believe it! We couldn't believe it!
I don't think she knew she was on speakerphone and how many people heard her, but it really upset us.

NEVERMIND! NEVERMIND! what a horrid thing to say - your gorgeous wee man isn't some kind of booby prize; I hope she's thoroughly ashamed of herself

Slelley - your little girly is gorgeous - love the daddy shot, but then I have a thing for daddies and tiny daughters <3

Hope all went well mummy1979!
That's a lovely photo CJ! Glad she is sleeping well for you.

Elijah has mixed nights atm, 1 night is good, the next not so. He was weighed today and only lost 4oz so I'm really pleased! He seems to cluster feed after tea and the does his big chunk at the start of the night, which is good for me!

I never told you ladies, but we'd kept the gender a secret from our families, well when he was born, DH put me on handsfree to call my mum and her first word was "Nevermind". We were shocked and told her that was a horrible thing to say! The midwives and everyone in the room with us heard and couldn't believe it! We couldn't believe it!
I don't think she knew she was on speakerphone and how many people heard her, but it really upset us.

I got this responce from my Nan too when we found out... horid isnt it! Hope your ok xx

Planning another already Carly? :D

I'm utterly peed off with this now. I want this sweep to work tomorrow. If it doesn't then I think I'll welcome the induction (that I once feared). So sick of people taking bets on dates she'll arrive lol.

Maybe... Once I manage to convince myself that pregnancy and labour "wasn't reaaaaaally that bad" lol.

Aw panda! It'll be totally worth the wait! The day before I spent the whole day on my feet cleaning and ironing - I'm sure that helped! Gravity and all that :)

My son Shane Alexander James McIntosh Bell was born on October 12th at 11.27pm weighing 7lbs 2oz :) so 2 days over my due date which was the 10th of October :flow: xx

Just a little note to say that I'm still holding out and waiting ;)

Yeah, 7th. It can't come quick enough either! My OH is a bit depressed, as she thinks she's failed at being able to give birth :(

congrats larlar, and a great big boooo to erised an fizz ... cant be log now :hugs:

Induction booked for the 10th. :( Had my second sweep today and a bit of blood but I don't feel like it's going to work. I've lost faith in them.

Just feel a bit gutted, I really wanted to go naturally but at the same time I think I'm just ready for it all to be over now. I can't imagine waiting beyond the 10th.

My OH feels the same way. She actually refused a sweep though.

Don't worry about it. At the end of the day, you're about to have a little bundle of joy, however that may come about. Certainly, for us, that's the most important thing :)

No induction date for me, and I'd refuse one if given. Have already discussed the option of going over 42 weeks with my midwife, and she's happy to go along with it. If I do go past 42 weeks I'll have to go for daily monitoring, but won't be forced into an induction as I'm dealing with everything perfectly well =)

No sweeps for me either, she did say she could do one come Wednesday but I passed.

Congratulations LarLar! Hopefully those of you still left won't be waiting too long!

Just had Elijah weighed by the MW (5 day weigh in, though he's nearly 6 days old) and he's already 20 grams above his birth weight! She said they allow 2 weeks for that kind of gain! I'm so proud of my little man, she even commented on what a good feeder he was and how good his latch is cos I latched him on while she was here. :happydance:

Yeah, 7th. It can't come quick enough either! My OH is a bit depressed, as she thinks she's failed at being able to give birth :(

I felt a little bit like that wen i had to be induced.. but it all goes away once baby is born! <3

Finally gotten my hands on the laptop again :)
Hope everyone is enjoying lovely snuggles with their babies and those still waiting I really hope you don't have to wait too much longer!! ~:hugs:

I've written my birth story in the first post of my parenting journal and there's a pic of little miss there too :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/1349323-dizzy-caoimhe.html

Just read your birth story Dizz, Caoimhe is beautiful <3
That tear sounds a bit hideous, hope they sent you out with something stronger than paracetamol :D

Thanks hun :) They did give me strong painkillers for home but only 4days worth so since Friday I've been on paracetamol only. It is quite painful still but manageable :) Its all worth it for Caoimhe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->