****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

That's excellent news Oasis - so happy for you! Post the pic! It's too small on your profile xxx

Oasis: that's fab news! I'm soooo happy for you!!

Afm: update: i've just seen my gp. She asked the receptionist to call the midwife for another early scan to check if the pgcy has progressed. So I don't know when yet, probably some time next week. She reckons the baby may just be small. I mean, WHAT??? 2-3 weeks smaller? And she said she couldn't send to the epau because I was not bleeding!! I hate being in limbo like this, because a tiny part of me is still hoping that it may just be a huge mistake and baby is fine. Oh well...

Omg! I can't believe they can't send you to the EPU if you're not bleeding. I hope that you're not waiting too long for a repeat scan ummi. :hugs:

Oasis: that's fab news! I'm soooo happy for you!!

Afm: update: i've just seen my gp. She asked the receptionist to call the midwife for another early scan to check if the pgcy has progressed. So I don't know when yet, probably some time next week. She reckons the baby may just be small. I mean, WHAT??? 2-3 weeks smaller? And she said she couldn't send to the epau because I was not bleeding!! I hate being in limbo like this, because a tiny part of me is still hoping that it may just be a huge mistake and baby is fine. Oh well...

Ummi - did they do an internal scan too? When I went for my first scan they could only see the sac and said I had got my dates wrong and was 4-5 weeks - I knew that was not possible though. But then they did an internal scan because i was so upset and wouldn't believe them that it was healthy just earlier and they found him - he was tucked right away apparently and the sonographer thought that in all likelihood for my next scan I'll also need an internal to see anything. I don't want to get your hopes up, but could they have missed it? Sending you lots of hugs it must be awful being in limbo. Did you have some bleeding to start with? Xxx

Dreamer: they just did an external scan. I sooo hope they got it wrong… I bled on friday evening, nothing much really. It was more than spotting, just like a light period, and it only lasted 1or 2 hours really. Thanks for letting me know your experience. I really hope this a big nightmare and everthing will yturn out to be ok.
Thx for your support girls!

It's hopefully a good sign that you stopped bleeding. Did you have any cramps with it? Xxx

Thanks so much ladies xxxOh ummi it's very very hard if not impossible to see without doing a vaginal scan! I don't know why on earth they did an external one as they are not supposed to be as accurate and I was told its very hard to see a heartbeat externally at that stage, I'm so so hoping you can get a repeat scan but a vaginal one this time. Hoping so much for you. XxxxxHere's my pic ladies, I think it looks like a little turtle lol. Xxx

Attachments

• 1361808581-picsay.jpg
    1361808581-picsay.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
Yay Oasis!! :happydance:

Ummi - do you not have an EPAU walk-in near you? For my last MC I was only 6 weeks and spotting and I just turned up at the hospital and waited on a first come first basis. They don't have it every hospital, where I had my scan last week doesn't do it, might be worth a longer trip to a hospital that does? I hope you find out soon, I really do! I can't believe they did an external either, the only way is internal to get an accurate view at this stage. :hugs:

I know the EPU I went to after my m/c doesn't accept walk-ins or self-referrals but I think one of the hospitals further out in the region does. It's worth a look if it means you'll get your scan sooner? And they need to do a transvaginal scan to be accurate.

Our epu doesn't accept self referrals. Which is a pain in the neck. And I saw one that does, but it's in west London and I'm in the far east end! Lol!
I had an emergency appointment at my gp and waited 1 and 1/2 hour (+1/2 hour because I was early).
I'm already angry with the gp last time because they did not want to give me an early, but if even the private sonographer got it wrong because they did not do an internal scan, I'll be furious!!

Anyway, sorry about that.
How are you all?

Ummi I know £100 is a lot of money but if it puts your mind at rest is it worth having another private scan if the epu won't see you. Mine wouldn't see me even when i was bleedin quite a lot at 12 weeks, until it was really bad and even then i had to see my gp first. The nurses when i got there were lovely and the doctor, but the sonographer was cold and told me off for not having a full bladder - they had made me pee in a cup when i got there! Ok breathe now lol. Xxx

Oasis - love the pic!

Dreamer: I should still be able to get a scan, but I have yo wait for the midwife first, and it won't be at the epu, it will be at the antenatal clinic, obviously full of heavily pg women...

Ummi I had my scan at 6+4 an external scan showed almost nothing. An internal scan showed embryo with heartbeat, sac etc and measuring as it should for my dates. I can't imagine the limbo you are in right now.
I hope this is just a horrible nightmare that will be over soon.

oasis- congrats on the great scan!! you must be so relieved.

ummi- I am so sorry that you are stuck in limbo. I am really surprised that they did an external scan. My doctor waits until 10 weeks for those. Maybe if you "exaggerate" your symptoms- cramping/spotting they can get you in faster? I hope you get answers soon.

Thanks jaymelynn, I totally agree ladies my doctor told me that virtually nothing can be seen externally at that stage, ummi I so hope this was the case with you, I'm still unsure why they did an external scan? I've not heard of anyone having an early external scan xxxxx

Hi everyone! Congratulations!!! :) I am from Scotland, I am preg with my third child (fingers crossed) I had 2 mcs before my second daughter (now 17 months) and another mc in oct :( I got my bfp on the 20th which was a v nice surprise as we had almost given up. Over the moon but taking each day as it comes.
I'm due October (my fiancé and I have bdays the same month!) unsure which day. I am 5 wks 1 day I think. Early scan booked for the 8th :) How is everyone? Anyone have similar dates? Xx

Evening ladies!

Fife - welcome! :flower:

Ummi - hope you are ok and hanging in there

How you all doing? I didn't think I was hormonal but I just cried at My Big Fat Greek Wedding..what's that about :blush: luckily DH out so am all alone and sprawled on the sofa and watching bad tv..bliss!

I'm focusing on the positives this evening to battle the nausea, e.g. Now into my 9th week which means only a few more weeks til 2nd tri! We need some more positives... Who's with me..!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->