****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Glad your scan went ok Jaymelynn!

Silly question: what does TP means?

Toilet paper hun, I'm forever checking mine, well I'm off to the scan now, I have had some dark yellow on the tp this morning so I'm still really worried:( xxx

Good luck oasis. Will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

Glad your scan went well jaymelynn.

I'm checking TP everytime I go as well. I've reached the exact point that I started bleeding last time so I'm a bit of a nervous wreck if I'm honest. I'm not doing any more tests now though as I got a fantastic line on a FRER last week. So good I'm keeping the test. Lol. Much darker than they ever were before my m/c. I'm trying to use that to keep me positive. I've got my scan in 9 days. The countdown has begun! Lol. Really scared about that. And yesterday I started the first of my bloat/bump pictures.

Thx girls ;-) i feel really silly now! Lol!

Oasis: hope that everything is going to be ok. *hugs* let us know how it goes.

Girly: totally understand! Hope you'll be ok and scan goes well!

I just phoned the surgery. OMG! They are just useless. I'm on the verge if a breakdown now! The receptionist passed on everything to the midwife, so she couldn't help me anymore than that. Gave me the community office number (they're in the same building AND midwives are in today), they couldn't help me so they gave me the midwife dpt number which is NOT in the same building at all. I rang that number and did not get any answer, not even an answer machine!!! So called the surgery again, receptionist told me as the mw are in the building today, they can't disturb them!! But she will take my number and tell them to call me back.
Are they taking the p!ss or what???

Don't feel silly, there's loads of abbreviations on here I have to look up! Lol.

Thanks hun.

That sucks that you can't get hold of them. I can't believe you're having to wait so long. It's awful. I don't understand why it's so difficult to get hold of a midwife?? I hope they call you back soon!

Well ladies it would seem my odd colour on the tp is perfectly normal and just a result of hormones they said, have been discharged from epau, again lol, baby was so much bigger than Monday, couldn't believe it, everything absolutely spot on, no bleeding whatsoever anywhere, baby was 18.7mm from 16 mm on Monday so I was even measuring 3 days ahead! In the midwives words the heart was banging away like a good un! Could see baby moving this time too, they couldn't get a really clear pic according to the gas in my bowel apparently lol. Midwife said unless bleeding gets worse and worse along with a loss of symptoms they dont tend to worry, as didn't actually have bleeding she wasnt at all worried, also saw doc who checked my cervix and took a swab just in case and said all normal and absolutely no blood. So, that's me happy!! Will post pic in bit xxxxx

Heres my little bean, can't believe the difference in just 3 days xxxx

Attachments

• IMAG1152.jpg
    IMAG1152.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
Absolutely gorgeous oasis! Really happy for you and your little bean!!

Yayyyyy that is the best news oasis! You must be so happy!

Congratulations too jaymelynn - I'm glad the scan went well!

Ummi - they sound really rubbish, but hang in there honey, I hope you get to see someone before the weekend.

I think I've put on a few pounds - not sure exactly what I weighed before - but maybe 3lb..... My clothes definitely feel more snug and whether it is bloating or extra timber my tummy definitely sticks out lol. I'm also always checking tp top and feel like I hold my breath for a split second each time! I didn't bleed or anything last time until 12 weeks, and I really had no idea last time, so keepi positive but as you ladies know more than anyone it's so hard! Anyway as I think I've send about 20 times already lol, I have another scan tomorrow so really excited (especially after seeing how much oasis' little bean has grown!) although expect I'll be shaking like a leaf again! It will be 12 days since my last scan xxx

Oasis: put your feet up, try and relax and treat yourself! I'm sure it will do you some good after all this worry!

Ok, so I tried to call the surgery again (no surprise there, the mw didn't call back), I forgot there were closed on thursday afternoons!! Argh!!!
Dh suggested to take me tomo morning to a walk-in centre, they might refer me to the epau. (There's none in my area that does self referral). Any advice ladies? Would you go to the walk-in centre if you were in my situation (hope you'll never have to be though)?

There are only 2 ways that this story is going to end: I either miscarry or the baby is safe. In the first case, what they're doing to me is an absolute torture, and in the second, all yhe stress and worry is not doing any good to the baby. Can't they understand? Don't they care?
I used to praise the nhs and especially the docs at my surgery. Not so sure now...

Sorry for the moan ladies, but I'm just feeling lost and helpless...

You could try the walk in centre but I'm not sure if they would have the power to refer you to the EPU. Normally that is only your GP, midwife or a&e. The other option, just to put your mind at ease, would be to book a last minute private scan. A lot of places do Saturdays but too.

Yeh I think it has to be your gp, when i started bleeding last time i when to a&e and they referred me to their out of hours walk in centre to see a gp but they wouldn't give me a scan, but in part that was because it was quite late at night and i was scheduled to have the routine scan in 36 hours anyway. You could phone baby bond and say that you had a scan with them etc but you feel that you should have been given the option to have an internal one too at this early stage it might make them a) not charge you or b) fit you in even if they are busy.

Thanks ummi, I'm so sorry you're going through this, I was referred originally to the epau via my doc but after this brown on the tp I just rang them and they told me to cone in today, have you tried ringing them at all and explaining? Xxx

Mmmmm, haven't thought of that... Might try it tomo. Thx.
Just had a talk with dh, and if nothing happens by then, i might just go to A&E, just like last time. It's totally crazy cause I try my best to follow their guidelines and not go to A&E when it's not an emergency, but they're just pushing you! I can't believe it!

Hi everyone, I have been missing for awhile but I have been stalking all of you. Boy oh boy there has been a lot going on. Congrats to all of you that have had scans and have gotten to see their little beans.
Ummi, I am thinking of you and prayig for the best.
Here is an update on my story. Started spotting and cramping a couple of weekends ago and was sent to fetal imaging at the hospital. To my surpise they were able to see the baby and a heartbeat going strong. :happydance:
Today I followed up with my OB and had another ultrasound. I am 8 weeks 3 days today and everything looks great. Heartrate was 163. I am still filled with worry. Last time baby stopped growing at 9 weeks. I just want to get over this 12 week hump. I don't go back until the end of March and I don't know how I am going to make it.

Thinking of you all!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
Due that's a gorgeous scan. Sorry you've had a rough time recently but I hope everythings smooth for you now.

Ummi - I hope you get a scan sweetie. If a and e is the only way they'll take you seriously and you're genuinely worried, def go. The stress isn't going to help you. It's appalling that its come to that, they should have people on call or a least an answering machine to get some contact :) Hang in there.

Oasis - size 14 isn't obese at all hun, that's just ridiculous. Glad your scan went ok, just keep positive. You know he/she is hanging in there and growing. I agree wi Ummi, put your feet up and relax :)

Girly - glad to hear your scan went ok. :)

Due in May - thank you, congrats to you too! I hope your bean continues to grow hun, it def looks promising :) how have you been feeling?

Have been feeling sick most of the day. Was out at market with my gran for the day and coffee was definitely a no go. Really want something good but have no idea what, it's frustrating! Unlike my other pregnancys I prefer savoury to sweet. Normally I'm a chocoholic or munching on fruit. So far I've been eating garlic mushrooms and breadsticks with garlic dip for snack. Dreading the size I'll be this time too. With first I went up to 11 st, my second I went from 9st 5 to 13st and looked like I was carrying twins! I already look about 15 weeks preg! Had flat stomach and now it's really bloated...so much so my gran guessed that I was preg lol! Looks like I may be wearing a tent for maternity clothes at this rate! Anyone else really bloated? Between that, the nausea, eating habits and spots, this is a v different pregnancy. Counting down the days to scan. Hope yous are all well, any cravings yet?? Have you all signed up for freebies for baby? Loads of sites for free stuff. Registered a few lastnight. Love cow and gates cuddly cow, was a fave for both my girls x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->