****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Lol I know:) dh loves that one, it's nice to have some proper pics at last, you ok today hunni? How you feeling? Xxxx

I have had a 3hr nap as ds4 is at nursery today having weird dreams though I'm still on antibiotics too and didn't sleep at all last night but felt the first proper kicks last night normally I just feel shifting I'm 20wks on Thursday and its weird not to be feeling him properly and all the time cause the others were jumping all over by this point x

Fab pics you have there.

Sounds like your on the mend Geordie a bit anyway.

I am worried that both kids have measles..

Livi had a very off day on Saturday with high fevers, not eating had a bit of diarrhoea and now she is covered in spots. Euan had the off day yesterday with a fever of almost 40...no spots yet.

I know you both have a few kids...does this sound like measles or german measles?

Never seen a case of measles mine have all had the mmr injection there is some nasty bugs about that can cause very high temperatures and viral rashes one of mine comes out in a rash every time he gets anything and its just like little red bumps all over his body mainly though on his torso what do the spots look like xx

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Measles/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

This is a page with a video of a mother who's child has measles it also shows you the rash and give the symptoms xx

Thanks goddess, I know that my doc said the eyes are the first to be affected, very red and streaming, and the rash starts behind the ears, I've had German measles 3 times and it sounds similar, hope that's all it is hun. Let us know how they go. My son hasn't had mmr so I worry all the time Xxxxxx

Good for you Hannah, you need that rest to get well, so glad you could sleep:) xxx

Have googled and its definitely not the measles but I do think its german measles.

Yes it sounds very much like it to me goddess, I was fine, unlucky to catch 3 times as a kid, the last time I was a teenager and it was so bad I couldn't move my legs they were just strips of red, so painful, my doc said the older you got the worse it was! Hope they feel better really soon goddess bless them, I hate it when the kids are ill xxxxxx

Olivia is fine now that her rash is out. Euan is still pretty hot but better today than yesterday. Just a bit worried if I get it being prego. I left work early yesterday and took today off.

Oh yes I didn't think of that:( how are you feeling? Do you have the blood test where you are to check immunity to rubella too? I got the results at my midwives saying I'm immune so hopefully you had the same test when they did your bloods and you have nothing to worry about. Xxx

Why haven't you had his mmr? Jake was really late getting his he only had it last year at 2 1/2 cause he was always bad so never wanted to inject him with more stuff but because measles is becoming more common after that study that has now been disproven to link mmr and autism!! I struggled with weather to get my lot vaccinated or not but after researching it the injection is better than getting the diseases which can kill make them infertile and so on! So do you just say you didn't want the mmr at all his injections cause they give little doses in first injections I'm sure?? Xx

Wasn't tested this pregnancy but have been tested before and my titre levels were high so it showed i was immune. Still scaring my self with what happens if you catch german measle stories on google. Its not very pretty.

My dd had a very bad reaction to the baby jabs and was ill for two years and still suffers with repercussions now so I lost faith in the jabs tbh I still believe there's a link between both the baby jabs and mmr and certain conditions in susceptible children, unfortunately you never know til its too late who will have these reactions or not. So neither dd or Casey have had mmr, if I'd known the jabs would make her so ill I would never have gone ahead, it's a hard choice but when you see what your child went through its virtually impossible to inject with something else that could do more harm xxxx

Goddess try not to panic hunni you would surely still be immune, step away from google it's the worst I know in these situations, I know it's hard, you could get a test now through your doc maybe to put your mind at rest you're still immune? Xxxx

Will call my midwive tomorrow but your right google is awful.

Its each individual mothers choice. I am totally pro immunisation as I work in health care so I have seen the repercussions of whay can happen. Don't want to stsrt a debate. I don't agree but I totally respect your choice. Livi had terrible projectile vomiting after her first mmr and like you it was a hard choice when it came to #2. I opted to give it and she was fine...I think it was unrelated but who knows.

I can understand why you don't want to so have they had no jabs at all? My ds3 was extremely ill off the new one they brought out a few years ago don't know how to spell it but ill spell it how its sounds lol neemacockle my son and nephew got them at the same time nephew contracted meningitis and my son was hospitalised I wouldn't let them get the rest of them as I can't see how important they are cause the oldest 2 didn't have it cause it wasn't around and they weren't offered it then so again with ds4 I waited and waited and he got it a month before his mmr so I know what you mean and goddess your right every woman has a choice x

There's a lot of people that don't agree and a lot that do, it's so hard no one can tell you what to do even though you'd love someone to, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place but dd is 12 and so far has never had any illnesses so when she's a bit older if she wants the mmr it's entirely her choice. She had all the rest of the jabs. I've seen some really heated debates on b n b with women on both sides but I stay out of it! It's a personal choice but when people feel so strongly about it either way it's not a good thing to debate I don't think! Anyway, subject change:) how's everyone? How's the kids goddess? Xxxx

I've still got morning sickness thought it had gone but nope :( is anyone else not eating properly?? I think its mainly because I only fancy certain things and if they aren't there everything else makes me feel sick also the heartburn issue I used to eat a lot of curry and Chinese home made for less fat content but the thought makes me want to be sick and if I try and eat some I'm up all night with heartburn saying that at the minute drinking water gives me heartburn so I don't stand a hope in hells chance of something with flavour not giving me it x

Oh I know hun I was expecting awful heartburn and at 20 weeks I got it, I hate it, have it everyday and have to watch what I eat as I find anything with acidic foods like tomato sauce or baked beans is a killer, drinking water which is supposed to dilute the acid is crap I drink like 4 or 5 glasses and it dies nothing, antacids don't really work and as soon as I eat or drink anything after taking them it's back so I just take them before bed now. I have found sitting upright at the table to eat helps, it was worse when I was leaning back on the sofa, I still get nausea even now most days, especially after eating but it's a milder version from before at least. I do fancy all foods now at least, really hoping yours goes off it sucks:( xxxxxxx

Look what i got today:) xxxx

Attachments

• IMAG1351.jpg
    IMAG1351.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member